Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2008, 10:12   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i know a total of four E Types have come into the country. one in pune and three in Madras. i was told coupe so i asked if any of the guys have seen it.
Karl is the E Type convertible from the Sanghi collection by any chance.
I dont know about Sanghi having an E type, maybe he does. Sanghi is in Indore, TTK group is in Madras.

One of the current magazine editors and long time rallyist had also imported a white E type coupe a few years ago. I wonder where it is now. It still had the California plates "LOVE V12" on it.
Old 14th August 2008, 10:42   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I dont know about Sanghi having an E type, maybe he does. Sanghi is in Indore, TTK group is in Madras.

One of the current magazine editors and long time rallyist had also imported a white E type coupe a few years ago. I wonder where it is now. It still had the California plates "LOVE V12" on it.
Sanghi from Indore did have a black E Type convertible, which was for sale. Doc in bangalore also has a maroon E Type convertible. now one in Pune. i do realise TTK group is in Madras Karl. you mentioned Convertible in Pune, hense i asked if it was the Sanghi car or has Doc bought the Sanghi car.

Indian express has the white E Type coupe in Bombay its has been with him as far back as the 90's. his car as far as i remember has the normal plates never saw it with the Califonia plates. the cars have shifted to his other place now.
Old 14th August 2008, 12:33   #513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Sanghi from Indore did have a black E Type convertible, which was for sale. Doc in bangalore also has a maroon E Type convertible. now one in Pune. i do realise TTK group is in Madras Karl. you mentioned Convertible in Pune, hense i asked if it was the Sanghi car or has Doc bought the Sanghi car.

Indian express has the white E Type coupe in Bombay its has been with him as far back as the 90's. his car as far as i remember has the normal plates never saw it with the Califonia plates. the cars have shifted to his other place now.
I see. Doc's E type is also black though. I think it was Delhi regd, not sure.

Yup, the white E type Im talking about also came in the 90s. Im sure it must have gotten registered after that but when I saw it it still had California plates. I have pcis somewhere Ill dig them up.

Anyways, back to topic now.
Old 14th August 2008, 12:44   #514
BHPian

@karlosdeville: Are you aware of the TTK's groups collection? Ive heard they have quite a few classics. I heard about the E Type. Think there were pictures as well. Its got the 4 tip exhaust right? I remember one of them had an MG. Ive heard of a Triumph Bonneville, a LR Defender with the same family. The ex AVT Supra is with them, as is a previous gen Lexus GS. These Ive seen personally. But the family is big and Im not sure of the older cars with the others. They have quite a varied and interesting collection.

Last edited by BEEM3R : 14th August 2008 at 12:45.
Old 14th August 2008, 12:56   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
What a day guys,

Spotted the same Cadillac at Audi showroom. It is Cadillac for sure.
Yup neo it is indeed a Cadillac, a black one. Saw it yesterday, and it is exactly the same as in the pic of the blue one which you have uploaded.
IIRC, is it the same car which GM showcased in the Auto Expo and are planning to bring into India??

Last edited by dhaval : 14th August 2008 at 12:57.
Old 14th August 2008, 13:05   #516
Senior - BHPian

Anybody aware of beauties from Pashankar's (Audi showroom owner) garage? He seems to be having good cars.
Old 14th August 2008, 14:17   #517
BHPian

eshan lokhande, the famed mx rider from pune is a good friend of mine. he is being sponsored by pashankar racing, so i had 2 do a photoshoot for them. i thought what could be a better place than the audi showroom itself. not only got to experience all the cars(no drives, only seats lol), but also found out what a big car freak pashankar is. he and his friend are into dealing cars and he also owns uses most of them before selling them. the 300c, dodge nitro, cadillac cts, jeep cherokee etc happen to be on his list.

and guys you wont believe this, the area where my factory is located is called ravet, and guy who literally owned the place( can i disclose the name?) got himself a white h2 and white h3 on the same day. and you wont believe this, on the rear window of the h2 is a white lettering marathi sticker that says ''sarpanch'' plastered accross it. :(
Old 14th August 2008, 14:48   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
E60 M5 - i didn't know we have one in pune. What reg. did it sport ??
It was Pune registered. Dont remember the series but it went something like this MH 12 ?? 700.
Old 17th August 2008, 12:29   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

My father says he spotted a black Maserati, Mumbai regd, number 10. Has anyone else seen it? I only know of a dark blue car in Pune.
Old 17th August 2008, 12:48   #520

Quote:
My father says he spotted a black Maserati, Mumbai regd, number 10. Has anyone else seen it? I only know of a dark blue car in Pune.
I know of MH 01 AH 1. That is the one i posted a while ago.
Old 17th August 2008, 16:17   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya180 View Post
and guys you wont believe this, the area where my factory is located is called ravet, and guy who literally owned the place( can i disclose the name?) got himself a white h2 and white h3 on the same day. and you wont believe this, on the rear window of the h2 is a white lettering marathi sticker that says ''sarpanch'' plastered accross it. :(
LOLz. seem you guys missed the news in Sakal ( a marathi newspaper ) 2-3 day back. The same guy was raided by income tax officials and his H2 was 'supposedly' confiscated as papers were not clear as well as payment modes were un-disclosed.

PS: Both the hummers were sold to him by Pashankars.
Old 17th August 2008, 20:34   #522
BHPian

Quote:
I see. Doc's E type is also black though. I think it was Delhi regd, not sure.

Apart from Doc's E Type, which you rightly mentioned is black & Delhi registered, there is another Black Coupe in Bangalore, owned by the ( Late ) Ravikumars daughter.

Yup, the white E type Im talking about also came in the 90s. Im sure it must have gotten registered after that but when I saw it it still had California plates. I have pcis somewhere Ill dig them up.
The Pune car is probably in Delhi ?

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th August 2008 at 14:38. Reason: Fixed Quote
Old 24th August 2008, 20:12   #523
Senior - BHPian

saw Mini Cooper S near Audi Pune Showroom..
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Pune-m2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Pune-m3.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Pune-m4.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Pune-m1.jpg  

Old 25th August 2008, 09:04   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaUsername View Post
It was Pune registered. Dont remember the series but it went something like this MH 12 ?? 700.
Yup its been in pune for almost 2 yrs now.. belongs to an exotic garage of a big forging co.!
Old 25th August 2008, 09:38   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Yup its been in pune for almost 2 yrs now.. belongs to an exotic garage of a big forging co.!
Wow, I didnt know that the forging guy has an exotic garage! What other exotic rides does he have besides the E60 M5?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks