Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2016, 13:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Audi TT launched in India at Rs. 60.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
But one thing that I cannot get out of my head is the pansy image associated with the TT. And its not just the image, I really feel that it lacks an aggressive stance / masculinity or road presence. Any opinion on this?

Especially important now that we have a Mustang launch around the corner.

Edit: Any Audi TT owners on TBHP?
I believe the feminine or 'pansy' image as you mentioned is due to the previous TT which in fact a very "cute" looking car and was purchased by a good amount of female clientele for the same reason.
This resulted in its reputation and something that has simply stuck on even today despite it's current design which is a lot more "masculine" looking compared to before. I really do think that If this gen TT was the first one introduced, people would have a different opinion of it.

For reference, the old Audi TT:

Audi TT launched in India at Rs. 60.34 lakh-tt1.jpg

Last edited by Maky : 5th January 2016 at 13:26.
Old 5th January 2016, 13:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
One has to be real BIG fan of the TT to buy two of those, back to back. So who was the primary driver, in case you don't mind my asking - your mum or your dad?
Haha I agree! Dad was the primary driver for our 1st TT, and I don't think it was ever driven by Mum. For our 2nd TT it was initially just Dad, and this was also never driven by Mum, but then when I got my license it was just driven by Me.

Quote:
Point noted. Between the three of them, maybe i'd prefer a TT to the Z4 and as well.

Assuming 2 vs. 4 seater wasn't a deal-breaker, how'd one compare a TT to the S5 or the upcoming Mustang.
I think the S5 offers better performance, or at least higher figures, but I prefer the small nimble package you get in the TT. I'm not a fan of the S5, or any other performance sedan, just because they look too similar to the "Pedestrian" Sedans sold by Audi (or even Mercedes and BMW). I'd always prefer the looks of a Coupe/Cabriolet

I like the Mustang but I'm just waiting for them to launch it in India before I decide whether I like it as much as any sports car from the German Trio!
Old 5th January 2016, 17:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
This resulted in its reputation and something that has simply stuck on even today despite it's current design which is a lot more "masculine" looking compared to before.[/ATTACH]
That's what all the reviews say as well. But quite honestly, I still don't find it masculine enough. It's easy to highlight design similarities between the R8 and TT on paper, but street presence of both vehicles is poles apart.

On the TT vs. S5, the TT sounds much better in Dynamic mode. But that's something easily resolved by an aftermarket exhaust. IMO the "sound" is not enough to sell a vehicle.
manveet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 18:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'm going to go against the tide, and say I'm unhappy about it. The only good CBU pricing by Audi in recent times IMO was the S4 which is now discontinued and making place for the S5 which should be about 10-15l more than this.

60l for a 2.0 making 223bhp? No thanks. The A3 cabrio at 45 odd with the 177bhp too is underpowered IMO.

While they may sell due to their looks, as an enthusiast I am disappointed. The CLA45 can be had for about 10 lacs more, and so can the Z4 which IMO will be more fun to drive.
I agree, 60l for a 223bhp seems a bit steep, and I'm sure the base model is missing a few essentials at-least. Makes me happier day by day that I got the 328i for almost 1/3 the price and it has similar performance. (245hp/5.5sec)
Old 9th January 2016, 05:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
60l for a 2.0 making 223bhp? No thanks. The A3 cabrio at 45 odd with the 177bhp too is underpowered IMO.
Not sure, I think the A3 would be heavier, in addition to the fewer horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234
While they may sell due to their looks, as an enthusiast I am disappointed. The CLA45 can be had for about 10 lacs more, and so can the Z4 which IMO will be more fun to drive.
IMO the CLA45 is fugly, not to mention the strong FWD bias. On the Z4 being more fun to drive, that's debatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I agree, 60l for a 223bhp seems a bit steep, and I'm sure the base model is missing a few essentials at-least. Makes me happier day by day that I got the 328i for almost 1/3 the price and it has similar performance. (245hp/5.5sec)
The base model misses the navigation (~3L) and some S-line trim. Everything else it has. On performance, am quite sure the TT would handle better than the 328i.

New development, I just read somewhere that the awesome in-cabin exhaust note of the TT is routed via the speakers and not the exhaust. That has seriously turned me off this vehicle. Any one can confirm/ deny on this or is this something that i'd need to check first-hand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks