Team-BHP - Audi TT launched in India at Rs. 60.34 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Audi TT launched in India at Rs. 60.34 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/163095-audi-tt-launched-india-rs-60-34-lakh.html)

German luxury car manufacturer Audi, has launched the third generation TT coupe in India at a price of Rs. 60.34 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi and Mumbai).

Audi TT launched in India at Rs. 60.34 lakh-tta.jpg

Audi has launched the 45 TFSI version of the TT in India. It is powered by a 2.0-litre TFSI petrol engine that develops 227 bhp and 370 Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed S-Tronic dual-clutch gearbox. Audi has also equipped the TT with a Quattro all-wheel drive system. The car has a claimed 0-100 kph time of 5.3 seconds and a top speed of 250 kph.

Audi TT launched in India at Rs. 60.34 lakh-ttb.jpg

The Audi TT has a 2-door, 4-seat layout and a 305-litre luggage compartment. Though the car is just as long as the outgoing model, it has a wheelbase that is 37 mm longer than that of the outgoing model. At 1,230 kg, the new TT weighs about 50 kg lesser than the old car.

Audi TT launched in India at Rs. 60.34 lakh-ttd.jpg

The TT has a new, broad and flat hexagonal singleframe grille, and 18-inch alloy wheels. LED headlamps are a part of standard equipment, while Matrix LED headlights are optional.

On the inside, the TT has a driver-focussed cabin, equipped with a flat-bottom multi-function steering wheel with paddle shifters, air-conditioning and sport seats. The car gets a digital Audi virtual cockpit and a newly designed MMI terminal with MMI Navigation Plus and a 680W Bang & Olufsen audio system as optional equipment.

The Audi TT is imported as a CBU.

What an absolutely lovely car at a mouth watering price.
Now, if you consider the UK price of a similarly specced car at about 45 lakh, and then consider the fact that its a CBU, I would say this car is a steal at 60 lakh.

The Porsche Boxster GTS in India costs 1.2 crore, as opposed to ~55 lakh in UK.
Worth noting is that both these cars are considered to be rivals in UK, whereas in India, the Boxster costs nearly double of the Audi.

I remember the Boxter started with a price tag of 70 lakh in India, but Porsche went bonkers with its pricing in the last year or so.

The Cayenne, which was affordable at ~65 lakh sometime back, now costs 1.04 crore. IDK why the prices have risen so much, but something is certainly wrong.

Porsches are such wonderful vehicles, and cars like Macan can easily rival the luxury saloon segment, but there seem to be strategic problems. Anyway, I digress.

The Audi TT is a wonderful vehicle and a big leap ahead of its predecessor. Good move Audi, and I hope this car does well in India. Here is a review by Jeremy Clarkson describing the epicness of the car.

Refreshing to see a good pricing on a CBU model launch after a long time. However, there seems to be a slight catch- this pricing is for a base model and fully loaded model might cost up to 10 Lakhs more perhaps. The dealers get pre configured cars hence customers usually have to pay for extras they might not want, unless they are willing to wait for a customised import. Hope the standard equipment list is long enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prakhar1998 (Post 3692777)
What an absolutely lovely car at a mouth watering price.
Now, if you consider the UK price of a similarly specced car at about 45 lakh, and then consider the fact that its a CBU, I would say this car is a steal at 60 lakh.

The Porsche Boxster GTS in India costs 1.2 crore, as opposed to ~55 lakh in UK.
Worth noting is that both these cars are considered to be rivals in UK, whereas in India, the Boxster costs nearly double of the Audi.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Was just thinking how nice it is to see a well-priced CBU. 60 lakhs is a fair price for the Audi TT, especially when you consider that the locally-assembled Mercedes E350 & BMW 530D are (ridiculously) priced on par with it!

Good move, Audi :thumbs up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 3692826)
The dealers get pre configured cars hence customers usually have to pay for extras they might not want, unless they are willing to wait for a customised import. Hope the standard equipment list is long enough.

I'm guessing this is only at the start, and that base variants will be freely available once the initial order book is cleared?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3693118)
I'm guessing this is only at the start, and that base variants will be freely available once the initial order book is cleared?

The base variants have low demand hence Audi India preconfigures cars and keeps them in stock at their plant. Each of them has different permutations and combinations. Hence it is very hard to get exactly what you want unless you special order it and wait a few months.

I love how the Audi TT has evolved. From being a not-so desirable flabby lump to a chiseled chic. Looks superb! I wish I could say the same about the Audi R8 though.

At 60 lakhs, that's a brilliant package. I reckon it'll attract a lot of people who would've opted for a 530d MSport!

Cheers!
Cartman :)

Good pricing. I think the TT attracts low tax rates because of its sub 4 meter length and less engine displacement ( < 3000 cc ). Good for us customers if more manufacturers bring in their turbo car's and price their cars sensibly.

That is very tempting pricing by Audi clap:

Hope to see this car in the flesh someday to check out the virtual cockpit :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bcpAA7NKKE

I'm going to go against the tide, and say I'm unhappy about it. The only good CBU pricing by Audi in recent times IMO was the S4 which is now discontinued and making place for the S5 which should be about 10-15l more than this.

60l for a 2.0 making 223bhp? No thanks. The A3 cabrio at 45 odd with the 177bhp too is underpowered IMO.

While they may sell due to their looks, as an enthusiast I am disappointed. The CLA45 can be had for about 10 lacs more, and so can the Z4 which IMO will be more fun to drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3693118)

The panoramic roof was an option on the A3 if I remember correctly, have you seen one without it (on a variant which it is an option)? :p

Saw the new TT on display in the Vittal Mallya road Audi showroom in Bangalore. Looks really neat ! The LEDs especially !

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3693496)
I'm going to go against the tide, and say I'm unhappy about it. The only good CBU pricing by Audi in recent times IMO was the S4 which is now discontinued and making place for the S5 which should be about 10-15l more than this.

60l for a 2.0 making 223bhp? No thanks. The A3 cabrio at 45 odd with the 177bhp too is underpowered IMO.

What pricing did you expect ? End of the day its a CBU. Expecting it to be cheaper in today's day and age is unrealistic IMO.

223hp or not its still MUCH quicker than any of our cars at 5.3 seconds. IIRC the Z4 on sale in India wasnt much quicker than this and was steeper by a fair margin. 10-15 lakhs is a huge sum and at this price id rather have this than say, the 530d.

Ofcourse realistically speaking id not have both and get the TTs instead but that could be a good 10 lakh more atleast IMO.

Motorbeam Review of the Audi TT !

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/07/car...-drive-review/

Test drove the new 2015 TT in Gurgaon , the exhaust sounds surprisingly good in dynamic mode, handles pretty neat as well. Frame of reference is the earlier TT that I've driven extensively on track.

But one thing that I cannot get out of my head is the pansy image associated with the TT. And its not just the image, I really feel that it lacks an aggressive stance / masculinity or road presence. Any opinion on this?

Especially important now that we have a Mustang launch around the corner.

Edit: Any Audi TT owners on TBHP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manveet (Post 3883516)
Test drove the new 2015 TT in Gurgaon , the exhaust sounds surprisingly good in dynamic mode, handles pretty neat as well. Frame of reference is the earlier TT that I've driven extensively on track.

But one thing that I cannot get out of my head is the pansy image associated with the TT. And its not just the image, I really feel that it lacks an aggressive stance / masculinity or road presence. Any opinion on this?

Especially important now that we have a Mustang launch around the corner.

Edit: Any Audi TT owners on TBHP?

I've had 2 :D Both being the 2nd Gen TT!
First I had a 3.2 NA TT Cabriolet, and then a 2.0 TFSI Coupe.
I never drove the 3.2 NA as I was just a child, but I have driven the 2.0 TFSI.

I agree with what you're saying about the lack of masculinity, but I wouldn't say it's any better in the cases of the Z4 and SLK! I still prefer the TTs DRLs over the ones in the Z4 and SLK, and, if one has the S Line Kit then I think it looks quite good for a TT! stupid:

I hated the Gen 1 TT! A friend had one of them and I think they have vastly improved the looks with the Gen 2. The Gen 3 is also a good improvement, but it is still quite feminine (but only just as much as the Z4 and SLK). At least I can say that Dad and I have decided we won't be getting another TT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanojrawap (Post 3883544)
I've had 2 :D Both being the 2nd Gen TT!
First I had a 3.2 NA TT Cabriolet, and then a 2.0 TFSI Coupe.
I never drove the 3.2 NA as I was just a child, but I have driven the 2.0 TFSI.

One has to be real BIG fan of the TT to buy two of those, back to back. So who was the primary driver, in case you don't mind my asking - your mum or your dad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanojrawap
I agree with what you're saying about the lack of masculinity, but I wouldn't say it's any better in the cases of the Z4 and SLK! I still prefer the TTs DRLs over the ones in the Z4 and SLK, and, if one has the S Line Kit then I think it looks quite good for a TT! stupid:

Point noted. Between the three of them, maybe i'd prefer a TT to the Z4 and as well.

Assuming 2 vs. 4 seater wasn't a deal-breaker, how'd one compare a TT to the S5 or the upcoming Mustang.