Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2006, 19:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Really?? How did you figure that out? I would be interested in knowing.
I thought about the armour too. Notice the minor panel gaps and inner window lining. Either it's the standard double glazed windows, or reinforced armoured components.
Old 30th October 2006, 22:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Also I saw a black one being sold at TNT when i was there in march to order our car...i think he said it was going to some one in the ministry...but it looked awesome...pullman S500..
Old 6th November 2006, 12:17   #18
BHPian

Man is it a road trais or what.shes huge
Old 6th November 2006, 13:26   #19
BHPian

it its a pullman, its gotta be an s600.
Old 13th November 2006, 09:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil_singal
cooollll!
that is very nice but there are more than 15 limos in ludhiana including a original lincoln limo from USA.......
One of them is there most of the times at Gulf auto. Lets go take a ride next time. lol. I took it once. hehe...
Old 3rd December 2006, 01:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

Saw a S-class stretched from Chandigad Merc showroom. It was not the pullman, but stretched by our own DC. It was labled S600, but its not S600, but might be S500 or S350.

Last edited by hanmust : 3rd December 2006 at 01:31.
Old 3rd December 2006, 06:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

I had seen a factory stretch in delhi TNT showroom when i went to order our car, it looked stunning..it was going to the ministry..
Old 3rd December 2006, 08:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Really?? How did you figure that out? I would be interested in knowing.
Armoured cars usually ride very low too. Because of the added weight. But if the job is done really well (with a suspension mod too), we'll need to look very carefully to see the difference. Or need a side-by-side comparo to really see the difference. From the way the lips of the wheel-wells are real close to the tyres, (in the first limo) I too think the car is armoured.

If you manage to get up-close, it's easy to see the thickness of the windows.

Another way (not always in India) is to look for run-flat tyres. If all the indicators (mentioned earlier by posters and the lower ride height) are there, the car is most likely armoured.

Last edited by hydrashok : 3rd December 2006 at 08:55.
Old 5th December 2006, 04:11   #24
BHPian

There is one in Lucknow also. Seen very rarely. Subroto Sahara uses it.
Old 5th December 2006, 16:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Armoured cars usually ride very low too. Because of the added weight. But if the job is done really well (with a suspension mod too), we'll need to look very carefully to see the difference. Or need a side-by-side comparo to really see the difference. From the way the lips of the wheel-wells are real close to the tyres, (in the first limo) I too think the car is armoured.

If you manage to get up-close, it's easy to see the thickness of the windows.

Another way (not always in India) is to look for run-flat tyres. If all the indicators (mentioned earlier by posters and the lower ride height) are there, the car is most likely armoured.
I know all these parameters Anoop having seen many Bullet-Proof Amby's & Safari's up close but my point was how can you differentiate looking at the posted picture?

If I could look at the car closely obviously you can differentiate easily especially by the glass thickness but doing it by looking at the pictures is pretty tough IMHO.
Old 5th December 2006, 17:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

The one I saw at Chandigad was not an armoured one & it was just a DC stretched.

But there is a real armoured Pullman (W220) for the Indian President. Its very recent the President's car was updated. In my opinion they could have waited for some time & ordered the new S Pullman.

But ministry affairs r like that only, our President was using the W126 seires when the whole world were using the W140 & W140 when other coutries using the W220. And the story continues....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks