Team-BHP - Supercars & Imports catching fire in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Supercars & Imports catching fire in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/163861-supercars-imports-catching-fire-india.html)

Supercars & Imports catching fire in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1430319198.359428.jpgSupercars & Imports catching fire in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1430319214.706563.jpgSupercars & Imports catching fire in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1430319235.395703.jpgSupercars & Imports catching fire in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1430319258.274282.jpg

New defective cayenne turbo s burst into flames in bandra!!! Nobody hurt luckily and driver was able to get out of car

Damn!! This cayenne mishap happened last weekend. I saw the car being towed but only from the rear which looked intact, I didn't realise the front was in ashes!
Way too many Porsches catch fire. I hope Porsche India does its bit to make up to the customer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemballa (Post 3696653)
New defective cayenne turbo s burst into flames in bandra!!! Nobody hurt luckily and driver was able to get out of car

I always thought this was a Turbo and not a Turbo S. Good to hear no one was hurt in the incident and now the owner can take matters up with Porsche India and Germany.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 3696950)
I always thought this was a Turbo and not a Turbo S. Good to hear no one was hurt in the incident and now the owner can take matters up with Porsche India and Germany.

Wonder how Porsche will respond, their turbo engines are fast gaining a reputation of being inflammable!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbread (Post 3697409)
Wonder how Porsche will respond, their turbo engines are fast gaining a reputation of being inflammable!

The owner is influential and has some very beautiful cars. I am guessing they would either compensate by giving a new car at the a price Porsche India buys it or give a heavy discount.

Porsche should do the right thing and give this customer a new car, free of cost. It was not his/her fault that the car went up in flames, it's a design issue.

So far Porsche is quiet on the issue.. They say they don't have a qualified technician to diagnose what happen let alone what remedial action they wish to take

Just saw this on a friends fb wall, another porsche on fire ?; happened in NCR i guess
Supercars & Imports catching fire in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1431363870.182784.jpg

More pics of the Porsche that caught fire recently; a Cayenne Turbo from a famous Pune garage. The incident happened in Mumbai couple of weeks back as per the news article.

Source: Cayenne Turbo Catches Fire

Quote:

The incident took place around 5.40 am on April 26, when Poonawalla’s driver was returning home after dropping his guests off at Taj Lands End, Bandra. When the vehicle was on Hill Road in Bandra, the driver noticed smoke under the hood. Without wasting another second, he jumped out of the vehicle. In no time the vehicle was engulfed in flames. By the time fire brigade could arrive, there was very little left of the car worth Rs 2 crore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3704794)
Another Porsche caught fire recently, this time a Cayenne Turbo from a famous Pune garage. The incident happened in Mumbai couple of weeks back as per the news article.

Source: Cayenne Turbo Catches Fire

The same has already been shared by Gemballa in the previous page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3704794)

If YZP has decided to go to the media, he needs to use his PR muscle and get such an article with pics in mainline papers. These small publications won't threaten Porsches image.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 3704841)
If YZP has decided to go to the media, he needs to use his PR muscle and get such an article with pics in mainline papers. These small publications won't threaten Porsches image.

He has gone. Here is a link.
http://thegoldensparrow.com/news/yoh...-catches-fire/

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 3705098)

I quote posted on this very link. Hence my comment regarding golden sparrow not being a mainline media source.
One feature in TOI and NDTV sort of mainline news channels will make Porsche Headquarters in Germany shiver. Ofc, this would require some PR muscle, which I am sure YZP can afford and arrange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 3705283)
One feature in TOI and NDTV sort of mainline news channels will make Porsche Headquarters in Germany shiver..

Poonawalla has indeed flexed his 'PR' muscles, through an ET supplement no less. Porsche's response as of now:
Quote:

.. not found a suitable expert to investigate the matter.
With Porsches already on a burning spree, making an excuse of their inability to find an expert is seriously bad PR for Porsche. :Frustrati

Supercars & Imports catching fire in India-image0001.jpg

Spot on PR. ET Panache is what most current and prospective owners of Porsche are reading. This certainly will impact Porsche India's image.
I already know of one friend who is currently looking out for new wheels has read this article today and told me he is taking the Panemera out of his list.

However, what I find most surprising is why Poonawala would keep such an expensive car on third party insurance! This could work against him as Porsche India can use it as arm twisting since it is only them that can compensate him and no share will be borne by any insurance company.