Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 10:56   #61
BHPian

since we talking movie cars, i just want to say that i love the exhaust of the car which the bad guy drives in Tokyo drift(the black nissan).... very Crackyyyy sound.... its makes me go ooooohhhhhhh...LOLs.

last evening saw a movie calle Vishwathma starring Chunky Pandey, Sunny Deol and Naseerudin Shah , where there are an ample of classics that they drive in the last chase... with amrish Puri and the gang....i know the movie is very very old... but just like those 80s and 70s models....
Old 25th July 2007, 00:24   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

I was just browsing for a Kishore Kumar song on youtube & came across this awesome one (no idea bout the film name but would be glad if anyone could help with this?) featuring not one but TWO Heralds!! Or we could infact make that Four, since there are 2 red Heralds driven by Dharmendra (the first one having flowery stickers on the rear wing) & the grey one (driven by Jaya bhaduri) gets replaced midway in the song by a later "Mark II" model in the same colour.......only to eventually get replaced by the first ('Mark I') grey car again! ......very common practice in Bollywood movies/songs!

Sigh.......makes me wish I were in Dharam's (or even Jaya's!) place in this song!
Old 25th July 2007, 01:40   #63
Senior - BHPian

In the movie 'Partner', he drives a convertible Toyota Celica. He also rides a Yamaha R1 (or was it R6?). Didn't Arbaaz/Sohail have an R1, and Salman owns a Busa?
Hurt to watch that kid break the headlights of the Celica!

Arjun Ramphal rides a Busa in Honeymoon Travels,and I read somewhere that it was his bike.
Old 25th July 2007, 02:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

The movie "Jhankaar Beats", a intelligently hilarious film, featured a LHD Morris Minor (or was it the old oxford)
Old 25th July 2007, 02:23   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I was just browsing for a Kishore Kumar song on Youtube & came across this awesome one (no idea bout the film name but would be glad if anyone could help with this?) featuring not one but TWO Heralds!! Or we could infact make that Four, since there are 2 red Heralds driven by Dharmendra (the first one having flowery stickers on the rear wing) & the grey one (driven by Jaya bhaduri) gets replaced midway in the song by a later "Mark II" model in the same colour.......only to eventually
Thats Samadhi..but bet you would love to be in another kishore kumar song replacing Rajesh Khanna!! Shouldn't have to tell you the song (since you were already searching for Kishore songs!)

Last edited by 1100D : 25th July 2007 at 02:27.
Old 25th July 2007, 02:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
The movie "Jhankaar Beats", a intelligently hilarious film, featured a LHD Morris Minor (or was it the old oxford)
It was a morris minor, not th splitscreen one but a later model/
Old 25th July 2007, 11:32   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Thats Samadhi..but bet you would love to be in another kishore kumar song replacing Rajesh Khanna!! Shouldn't have to tell you the song (since you were already searching for Kishore songs!)

YouTube - Chala Jata Hoon
Thanks for the info.....uh, yes I used to imagine me being replaced by Rajesh Khanna in this song when I saw it initially right from my childhood.....but thats becasue I thought this car was a Herald! Only to later realise its a Datsun something (Fairlady?)...oh well, I did try (mentally) replacing it with a Herald!
Incidentally, I was a big fan of Rajesh Khanna too (albeit for a very short while) in my teens....which FYI, was not more than 7-8 years ago! Hehe...
Old 25th July 2007, 15:04   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
In the movie 'Partner', he drives a convertible Toyota Celica. He also rides a Yamaha R1 (or was it R6?). Didn't Arbaaz/Sohail have an R1, and Salman owns a Busa?
Hurt to watch that kid break the headlights of the Celica!

Arjun Ramphal rides a Busa in Honeymoon Travels,and I read somewhere that it was his bike.

if you notice closely its not real busa.it was modded bike.
Old 25th July 2007, 19:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek View Post
if you notice closely its not real busa.it was modded bike.
Really? At one point it did seem like a modded bike,but with the side profile in another angle,it did seem like the busa.
Old 25th July 2007, 19:57   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
but thats becasue I thought this car was a Herald! Only to later realise its a Datsun something (Fairlady?)...oh well, I did try (mentally) replacing it with a Herald!
Incidentally, I was a big fan of Rajesh Khanna too (albeit for a very short while) in my teens....which FYI, was not more than 7-8 years ago! Hehe...
Oh no, this was a Fiat 1200 spyder! a similar car can be seen in "wadiyan mera daman song"

Wadiyan Mera Daaman | MastiTube

And me never Rajesh Khanna fan, it has always been one and only Mr A.
Old 26th July 2007, 00:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone remember, in the movie-Tarzan The wonder car, they pushed an immaculate low-light morris into a river?/ BA@#$%DS!!
Old 26th July 2007, 01:47   #72
Senior - BHPian

In the movie Inkaar (vinod khanna) an imaculate Peugeot 504 was immersed and then taken out.
Old 26th July 2007, 02:49   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
In the movie 'Partner', he drives a convertible Toyota Celica.
I hope you even saw the yellow Porsche Carrera GT in one of the songs in Partner. A Gallardo SE, BMW M5, S Class can be seen outside Katrinas house in Dubai. She is also shown driving a white BMW 6 Series.
Old 26th July 2007, 05:12   #74
Senior - BHPian

Madhavan drives a nice black Herald in Guru, in case I haven't mentioned it already.
Old 26th July 2007, 20:30   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Madhavan drives a nice black Herald in Guru, in case I haven't mentioned it already.
I guess someone did mention it........but any way of getting pics. of the scenes with this car btw?? I'm not at present inclined to buy a DVD of the whole film to check this out...

Most Viewed