Team-BHP - Rent an Audi R8 V10 for Rs. 5,000 / hour from ECO Rent a Car (Delhi)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Rent an Audi R8 V10 for Rs. 5,000 / hour from ECO Rent a Car (Delhi) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/172431-rent-audi-r8-v10-rs-5-000-hour-eco-rent-car-delhi-2.html)

It will be an amazing and once in a lifetime experience. 5000 bucks can be justified by only listening to the superb grunt behind your back. clap:

Also Zoomcar offers Mercedes CLA & GLA and BMW 3 series at the rate of 220-250 bucks/hour. Even these cars are sensible for us novices, before thinking of anything of R10's magnitude.

But please check the car's registration number, whether it is odd or even, once the odd-even system is again put back into place again. stupid:

I'll rent it just to click photos !! Even that would be worth the money !! cpics:

On a serious note, it is really great to have self drive options picking up so much in India. The only place I could find self drive option was Trivandrum.

We used that for all our weekend trips during those magnificent 2 months of TCS training.

From a marketability point of view, in my opinion, Utility vehicles will be the most popular to house more than just one family and get the pleasure of driving on your own.

I think this is a fantastic idea for those who want the experience without actually having to shell out millions. First, zoomcar makes BMWs and Mercs affordable and now this. Times are definitely changing for the better. :D

I'd done something very similar in Singapore. There are 2 companies which offer the same service. The stable includes a Gallardo, F430, R8 V10, Maserati. I'd gone for a 15 min Maserati drive - one of the best experiences of my life. IIRC, it costed me around 10k. So I'm all thumbs for this initiative in India. Link

What is clearly a missed opportunity is to rent out track ready cars on the BIC as done in the Nurburgring. They have all sorts of cars - modified Swifts (200 bhp) all the way up to Porsche. I think this would be a great idea for people who want to drive on tracks but are unable to do so because of restrictions. Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acharya (Post 3894490)
It would be a real treat if they could manage to rent it out on BIC on specific days (when BIC allows them).
In fact, I would be willing to go to Delhi just to experience an Audi R8 on a real race track. This would make real sense in terms of experiencing a powerful sports car. Driving it on city roads would leave anyone wanting for more and might cause threat to other road users. please:

If you want the world to look at you, then it makes sense to rent it out to drive it in city limits. But, if you want to enjoy the V10 power and experience supercar braking, then it can only be done on a track.

So, if you have some disposable income then you should sign up for ASE ( Audi Sportscar Experience) which gives you the opportunity to drive an R8 V10 at the BIC circuit. I had done this back in 2012 to fulfill a long standing dream of driving on a formula one track :D. Imagine taking tight corners at triple digit speeds, which would be impossible in city limits. Also, on the straight section I managed a top speed of 267kph, which you can just dream off achieving in city limits even in a sports car.

Plus, there was no security deposit when I signed up. All I had to pay was 1.2 lacs for a one day session at BIC lol:

For all those suggesting that supercars be rented out on track, remember that most people here can barely drive on our roads. I can only imagine what would happen on a track. Its very different in places like Germany where people are actually used to controlling cars at relatively higher speeds as compared to here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3895804)
For all those suggesting that supercars be rented out on track, remember that most people here can barely drive on our roads. I can only imagine what would happen on a track. Its very different in places like Germany where people are actually used to controlling cars at relatively higher speeds as compared to here.

There are plenty of people who rent out supercars on track abroad, but with an instructor on board.

I had the fortune of piloting a 430 Scuderia around a track last year when I was just 22 years old and with just modest driving background having driven nothing with more than 275 horses (XF, which was only a testdrive) before that.

I believe anybody can do it with proper training and guidance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheInterceptor (Post 3895865)
There are plenty of people who rent out supercars on track abroad, but with an instructor on board.

I had the fortune of piloting a 430 Scuderia around a track last year when I was just 22 years old and with just modest driving background having driven nothing with more than 275 horses (XF, which was only a testdrive) before that.

I believe anybody can do it with proper training and guidance.

Second that. In the ASE, we were split in groups of 4 to 5 cars and our group was lead by Aditya Patel. We were made to get used to the power delivery and handling and braking of the car before we could do our laps. And during our laps we had to follow our instructor at all times and he would maintain his speeds around corners only to the extent he knew that the participants could handle it. Further, you just cannot drive the way you wish too. For instance, the last car in our group in one lap was driving slow before the straight stretch so that he could accelerate much harder and achieve a higher top speed.Aditya noticed this and we all slowed down before the straight stretch in order for him to rejoin the group and he was given a warning not to repeat or else he would be taken off the track. Also, we cannot overtake on the track, as, after every lap the car following Aditya has to slow down and rejoin the group at the end as the last car.

So driving on a track is much safer for amateur drivers than driving on city streets in a sportscar and I don't think anyone will just rent out their sportscar to amateur drivers so that they can do their fastest lap on the track. If thats what people think that they can do a Track with a sportscar, then they can just dream on. I personally learnt a lot from what I experienced on the track specially about entering and exiting corners, which I feel has made me a better and safer driver today :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnS_12 (Post 3895955)
Aditya noticed this and we all slowed down before the straight stretch in order for him to rejoin the group and he was given a warning not to repeat or else he would be taken off the track. Also, we cannot overtake on the track, as, after every lap the car following Aditya has to slow down and rejoin the group at the end as the last car.

This is exactly the reason I was not game to pay 50k for the offerings by BMW, Audi or Merc. I go regularly to the track in my car/bike anyways and after paying half a lac I'm going to be babied around like that it's just not worth it. I'd rather that the instructor sit in the car with us and let us push the limits of ourselves and the cars, these experiences are badly designed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickdraw (Post 3896157)
This is exactly the reason I was not game to pay 50k for the offerings by BMW, Audi or Merc. I go regularly to the track in my car/bike anyways and after paying half a lac I'm going to be babied around like that it's just not worth it. I'd rather that the instructor sit in the car with us and let us push the limits of ourselves and the cars, these experiences are badly designed.

Well, mostly amateurs would sign up for such programs, who want to experience whats like driving a super car on a Formula 1 track and they do need to be babied around like that or they would just wreck the car and themselves. I don't think anyone would sign up for the same program for more than once and since you are a regular on the tracks it makes no sense at all.

Take a look at this braking technique (video) which we were thought prior to doing our laps. Aditya asked us at what speed we can take the sharp right turn after the straight stretch and my partner who is driving in the below (last) video said he could take it at 140 kph :uncontrol. To this Aditya said Formula 1 cars would take it around 120 kph, we have to slow down to 80 kph, anything above that and you would go straight into the wall. So Imagine from 250 kph plus speeds you have to slow down to 80 kph at the end of that corner. That is the reason we had the braking technique session, in which we were asked to literally stand on the brakes to stop the car between the marked section.

This is what Aditya expected us to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RX1tj2t3vk

This is what most of us did lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Rne9VHHTE

Great discussion on super car rentals. There is no denying that Super cars are great looker and you can get attention of lot of eyeballs, if you drive it on city roads.
However, I feel that driving it on city roads doesn't do justice to these mean machines. If you really want to experience these cars, the only way to do it is on the track.

Novice drivers might find it difficult initially, however, with some training and instructions almost everyone could drive these cars on track. Mind you, you are not racing on the track, you are just driving these cars fast, in a safe manner.
Which is far better than trying to speed on city roads.

I am not sure if ASE experiences are still on, yesterday I emailed Audi on it, awaiting their response.
Any idea if BMW/Merc also conduct similar events which is open to Mango people?:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 3895362)
That particular car was an Audi demonstrator. It was listed on the Audi preused car list for a while

Sure? I thought it was the Ex Mumbai V10+

The one that was replaced by an Aventador!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanojrawap (Post 3896314)

Correct. Audi bought it back from the Owner & it was used as a test drive car.

I asked them about the R8 today and turns out they're not offering it at the moment. Maybe it was too much of a hassle to rent it out at such a low price. Hopefully they get this or something similar back soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanojrawap (Post 3896314)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPS (Post 3896350)
Correct. Audi bought it back from the Owner & it was used as a test drive car.

The Audi R8+ was replaced with a RS7 that had a bad legal turmoil https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/mumba...w/50779438.cms. He even sold off his Lambo and had ordered a 458 speciale but cancelled that too. He has been using an ex-DC M6 GC for sometime.