Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2016, 11:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rent an Audi R8 V10 for Rs. 5,000 / hour from ECO Rent a Car (Delhi)

ECO Rent a Car has added the Audi R8 V10 Plus to its fleet of premium rental cars. Interested customers can rent the car for self-driving or purposes like photo and video shoots. The supercar will be available with a pick up and drop facility from its Defence Colony location in Delhi. The car can also be sent to different cities as per the customer’s requirements.

The R8 V10 Plus is available in the matte finish 'Sepang Blue' colour and gets black interiors. Charges stand at Rs. 5,000/- per hour with an additional Rs. 300/- being charged per kilometre over the first 10 kilometres, which are free. The car is provided against a refundable deposit of Rs. 2 lakh.

The R8 V10 Plus is powered by a 5.2L, V10 petrol engine with direct injection, which produces 542 BHP @ 8,000 rpm and 540 Nm of torque @ 6,500 rpm. The grunt is channelled to all four wheels through Audi's Quattro permanent all-wheel drive system, with transmission duties handled by a 7-speed S-tronic automatic gearbox. The car can do the 0-100 km/h sprint in a claimed 3.5 seconds before hitting its top speed of 319 km/h.

Phone: 9654999666
E-mail: sales@ecorentacar.com

Rent an Audi R8 V10 for Rs. 5,000 / hour from ECO Rent a Car (Delhi)-audi-r8.jpg

Rent an Audi R8 V10 for Rs. 5,000 / hour from ECO Rent a Car (Delhi)-aditya-loomba-md-eco-rent-car-audi-r8.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2016 at 12:38.
Tushar is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 12:36   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rent an Audi R8 V10 for Rs. 5,000 / hour from ECO Rent a Car (Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
ECO Rent a Car has added the Audi R8 V10 Plus to its fleet of premium rental cars.

The R8 V10 Plus is available in the matte finish 'Sepang Blue' colour and gets black interiors. Charges stand at Rs. 5,000/- per hour with an additional Rs. 300/- being charged per kilometre over the first 10 kilometres, which are free. The car is provided against a refundable deposit of Rs. 2 lakh.
Fine dining for two, or a spin in the R8 V10. Now, that's an easy choice.

I think it's well-priced. And not like there's any other option - there used to be a Supercar Club which had a much higher barrier to entry, but has since shut down (related link). They used to charge 30k for an R8 per day, and there was a non-refundable annual membership fee of 1.5 lakhs.

You'll obviously not rent the R8 frequently, but just for the experience, it's worth it whenever you want to reward yourself.

I'm happy to see experiments like this coming up. A lot of people who otherwise would've never had the opportunity can get behind the wheel & experience the glorious V10 (shared with Lamborghini).

If I was in Delhi, I'd book it for an hour this weekend.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 14:57   #3
Team-BHP Support

Making a Punjabi rap video (like those of Baadshah & Yo Yo Honey Singh) will be a lot cheaper now!
SmartCat is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 15:33   #4
BHPian

Nice to see such options opening up!
A car that costs roughly 3 crores OTR could be had for a few hours just with a 2 lakhs deposit and a few thousand rupees.
For many, it would be a memory lasting life time. IMHO, their fleet should increase and can include a few Ferraris, Lambos and even race cars (of course they can restrict where to use them).
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 16:49   #5
Team-BHP Support

I paid 75 Euros for a 10 minute stint for in Ferrari California in Maranello, and another 15 (or was it 25) Euros for passenger. At similar price point one gets 500% extra drive time which is a lot of bang for the buck if one can muster up the six digit deposit.
manson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 10:58   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
if one can muster up the six digit deposit.
Just put it on the card. Nearly every other credit card today has a limit that can accommodate the 2 lakh deposit.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 11:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

5000 rupees per hour looks fine and the deposit is understandable for a car costing so much and to filter the prospective customers. But the hidden charge is the additional INR 300 being charged for each KM after the first 10 KM.

So, if one manages to cover 50 KM in that one hour, the charge will be INR 17,000. That is expensive isn't it?

Anyways, its nice to see rent a car business expanding here in our country. I so wish, someone opened account here in Kerala. Would love to take a CLA for a drive.
deetjohn is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 11:46   #8
BHPian

Getting such options in India is excellent. The self-drive industry has grown up quite a bit and in the coming years, we will see it grow a lot more.

Supercar rentals make them accessible to a much larger audience. The only thing I am worried about here is that someone who has the money but not the skill or patience to tame the car might end up crashing and it wont be a pretty sight. Also, while the cars can be rented, determining which roads to drive it on would be very difficult as the low ground clearance would create issues. When someone owns such cars, they are careful and try to not let it bottom out. But when the car isn't owned, people may not bother if the car scrapes on bumps.

One way to reduce the risk can be to have a minimum age restriction and minimum years for which the license is held. Waiting to see more such rentals in other cities of India.
amansanc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 11:53   #9
BHPian

It would be a real treat if they could manage to rent it out on BIC on specific days (when BIC allows them).
In fact, I would be willing to go to Delhi just to experience an Audi R8 on a real race track. This would make real sense in terms of experiencing a powerful sports car. Driving it on city roads would leave anyone wanting for more and might cause threat to other road users.
Acharya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 13:37   #10
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Finally, someone started supercar rentals. Good for people like us who can enjoy one while not having to buy & maintain one for few days of use.

I believe this is a pre-owned vehicle because i've seen this car for sale in south delhi. Can you transfer private cars to commercial use or he's just renting out a private vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
5000 rupees per hour looks fine and the deposit is understandable for a car costing so much and to filter the prospective customers. But the hidden charge is the additional INR 300 being charged for each KM after the first 10 KM.

So, if one manages to cover 50 KM in that one hour, the charge will be INR 17,000. That is expensive isn't it?
I was doing the same calculations as mentioned by deetjohn. If I rented this car and visited Yamuna E-way for some open road fun, I'd have to shell out about 30k. Though this is steep, but still cheaper than any other rentals you can find. Even the regular S-class and the likes cost more than this if rented on daily basis.
VSD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th January 2016, 20:54   #11
BHPian

Take it to BIC please! Would be an absolute delight to drive this beastly V10 at a proper circuit while not worrying about my 2 lakhs deposit. Because if its in the city and it scrapes or gets damaged due to my 0 experience with such high bhp, I would be sad at the end of the day instead of being overwhelmed.

Also, as someone pointed out above about 17k for the car, in my opinion, isn't much to shell out to experience a car worth crores, because the smiles it would give to you cannot be valued in terms of money. We can also take it this way from a rich guy's perspective or from a perspective of a person aiming for such a car: you don't need to shell out crores for a supercar which is a depreciating asset, just spend a few thousands whenever you neeeeed that adrenaline rush and those genuine smiles.

.....I wanna drive it so bad

EDIT: 1 lap of BIC = 5 km. 2 laps at BIC with Audi R8 for 5k that is not bad at all!

Last edited by GTO : 21st January 2016 at 12:10. Reason: Removing excessive smilies
kvsingh13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 02:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsingh13 View Post
EDIT: 1 lap of BIC = 5 km. 2 laps at BIC with Audi R8 for 5k that is not bad at all!
You are missing out the part where you have to pick up the car and drive to BIC which is a fair bit of distance.

Last edited by GTO : 21st January 2016 at 12:11. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 07:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
You are missing out the part where you have to pick up the car and drive to BIC which is a fair bit of distance.
If I were hiring - I would rather hire a flat bed truck - AFAIK they charge 150-200 rs/km, and take the beast all the way there on the flat bed, and then drive it to my heart's content there!

If I'm new to such a car - I wouldn't really want to drive it in bumper to bumper traffic. I'm assuming such cars are very easy to crash esp for drivers who have never driven such a car before.
phamilyman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 12:24   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
But the hidden charge is the additional INR 300 being charged for each KM after the first 10 KM.
In Mumbai city, you'll just about do 10 kms / hour. Even at night - when there's still traffic - 15 to 20 kms tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Getting such options in India is excellent. The self-drive industry has grown up quite a bit and in the coming years, we will see it grow a lot more.
I seriously hope this works out. If anyone offers it in Mumbai, I'll be the first to sign up for the 'experience'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
It would be a real treat if they could manage to rent it out on BIC on specific days (when BIC allows them).
Doubt it. Track day = stress on the car. 5k won't even cover the cost of tyres & brake pads.

If you want to drive on the track, keep an eye on manufacturer programs. Audi, BMW & Mercedes sometimes have track days where anyone can pay a fee and drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Can you transfer private cars to commercial use or he's just renting out a private vehicle.
Yep, you can absolutely transfer a private vehicle to commercial registration.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 12:54   #15
Team-BHP Support

That particular car was an Audi demonstrator. It was listed on the Audi preused car list for a while
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed