Team-BHP - Pics: Honda Integra Type R!!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Honda Integra Type R!!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/17322-pics-honda-integra-type-r.html)

Spotted a black Honda Integra Type R. Super condition, Type R badges were present. All Honda badges were red. Wheels, bumpers, spoilers were the same as in the below pic. The car is also known as "Acura RSX".

world.honda.com says:

The Type R is powered by a 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC engine developed specifically for excellent intake and exhaust efficiency and a maximum power output of 220PS, coupled with a new close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission. Powerplant and transmission combine with a new suspension to offer extremely linear response to driver input. Other features including front brakes jointly developed with Brembo, Recaro bucket front seats, and a MOMO genuine leather-covered steering wheel help round out the new Integra Type R's excellent driving performance in such a way that it would be right at home even on the racing circuit.

Key features:

Engine is approximately 10 kilograms lighter than the 1.8-liter engine used in the previous Integra Type R.

A newly developed close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission takes good advantage of the engine's high-rpm and high-torque zones.

The Integra Type R features the world's first transmission in the 2.0-liter class to use multiple synchronizing cones for all gears, including a triple-cone synchronizer in 1st and 2nd gears and a double-cone synchronizer in 3rd through 6th gears, resulting in lighter, faster shifting. Combined with a reverse gear gate closing control mechanism that responds to vehicle speed, the result is improved shift feel and missed shift prevention.

Based on the key design concept of "sharp and solid", the new Integra's exterior design features a highly aerodynamic "aero-cabin" styling with a distinctive personality, and an unusual kind of solidity that skillfully integrates a sense of jaunty nimbleness with a strong presence.

The new Integra Type R includes numerous special aerodynamics fittings including front spoiler, side sill trim rear underskirt, and tailgate spoiler.

The Type R features Recaro front bucket seats and a leather-covered, small-diameter MOMO steering wheel. Pedal pads, foot rest, shifter knob, side-brake lever, and decorative console paneling are made of weight-saving aluminum materials. Other interior design features include specially designed meters, console, and step trim.

Have taken pics with my cell camera. They have come surprisingly decent. Will upload soon.

I believe she's quite a rallycar.
Is it?

Yikes, that's the K20A powerplant. Also, it comes with an LSD as standard.

Nice find. This thing should wipe up the sub 3000cc class at any Speed Run.

Nitrous, never heard of it being used in rallying. Do you have any info on that?

Here are the pictures:

That looks genuine alright!

oooh! I want one of these! First one in India it seems. The guy has good taste in cars I must say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
Nitrous, never heard of it being used in rallying. Do you have any info on that?

Yes it has been used in rallying during the rally around the world held in 2003 not sure, team newzeland drivers drove these cars i think there were 3 cars 1 rolled they had also come to india the stages were in the coffee estates of coorg think jimmy McRae Colin McRae's dad won the the whole rally with a
3ltr porsche

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetan
Yes it has been used in rallying during the rally around the world held in 2003 not sure, team newzeland drivers drove these cars

I remember the kick off of the silver fern rally in NZ. had seen these honda's... if im not mistaken 2 of them finished in the top 3 that year... neat stuff for a FWD.

Common to see these in Aus/NZ.... but here in hamara bharat!!
Wow its a sight for sore eyes :)

Thanks Gordon !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
oooh! I want one of these! First one in India it seems. The guy has good taste in cars I must say.

Nope,there's also a red Integra doing the rounds. Its mostly in town.

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech
The guy has good taste in cars I must say.

Yup. He may be a dealer. I've also seen a Mercedes SL500 and Audi TT at the same place this month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Machine
Nope,there's also a red Integra doing the rounds. Its mostly in town.

Is it a Type R too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon
Is it a Type R too?

Yep,it is. But,i think its got different wheels. Have always seen it in motion,so cant really make out. And yeah, it has a loudddd exhaust note.

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon
Spotted a black Honda Integra Type R. Super condition, Type R badges were present. All Honda badges were red. Wheels, bumpers, spoilers were the same as in the below pic. The car is also known as "Acura RSX".

I suspect if its a Type-R. The headlights on the black car are clear instead of smoke effect on teh white one. He could have put fake badges and body kit on a regular 160 horse version.

In the US, the RSX typeS has only 200 bhp (K20A1 vs A2) and no LSD.

Not much of a rally car as far as WRC goes. Dosent fit in the super 1600 category. Some countries like may have a class where it fits better.

Saw a black one today... not sure whether it was an RSX or an Integra in IIT Madras
Had a spoiler. Couldn't manage pics though.

Wow..a thread revived after 1&1/2 years!
Anyone from IIT Chennai on T-BHP?