Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2016, 16:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Hi Folks,

Just noticed on their website, that a 3 year old Toyota Hiace is up for sale at an incredible 95 Lakhs.
A Hiace for 95 Lakhs!
Exactly and no matter how good their eventual service is the price are way too over the top.
Old 26th May 2016, 16:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Exactly and no matter how good their eventual service is the price are way too over the top.
Yes, exactly my dear friend.
In Australia (where you live!), the the price is $60,000 for a new Hiace. Roughly 30Lakhs in INR. Even if someone imports it into India, How does 30 lakhs INR become 95Lakhs! That too for a used car.
Old 26th May 2016, 16:25   #18
BHPian

We should not go by the asking price. These prices, I guess, are mainly for the window shoppers.

Not sure of the negotiation factor.
Old 26th May 2016, 16:36   #19
BHPian

BBT has hit a huge presence for itself through the new generation videos which are flocking youtube these days (mostly by Punjabi singers). To the extent they shoot videos in India, the only place for them to source these beauties is BBT. Not sure about the actual nos, but they must be charging a good amount of money for let say leasing a Ferrari for a day. And of course, free publicity as these cars carry BBT numberplates!

The 1000 Crores turnover may sound ambitious but the pace at which the luxury car market is growing, they may actually achieve it.
MacBa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 17:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Just noticed on their website, that a 3 year old Toyota Hiace is up for sale at an incredible 95 Lakhs.
A Hiace for 95 Lakhs!
95 lakhs for a Hiace? That's exorbitant and daylight robbery if someone actually buys for that price, over the top is an understatement. If we convert 95 lakhs into AED, it's over 500,000 and one can buy a brand new "Range Rover Sport" or a top of the top variant of "Lexus LS 570".

Quote:
Yes, exactly my dear friend.
In Australia (where you live!), the the price is $60,000 for a new Hiace. Roughly 30Lakhs in INR. Even if someone imports it into India, How does 30 lakhs INR become 95Lakhs! That too for a used car.
Is Hiace that expensive in Australia? The starting price in UAE is around 90,000 AED and the top variant costs around 125,000 (16 lakhs to 25 lakhs in INR). It's only a commercial mini van (LCV) used mainly for people transport purposes and in some cases to ferry goods, distribute items. It is definitely not a luxury vehicle even in its top variant version.

Last edited by cbatrody : 26th May 2016 at 17:30.
Old 27th May 2016, 11:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,

A Hiace for 95 Lakhs!
It has custom interiors done by DC Design. Still doesn't justify the 95 Lac Price

Back in 2012 I bought a Brand New HiAce with custom interiors and exteriors by Sun Trading, Thailand, and that was 75 Lac. I also know someone who bought a Brand New HiAce, completely stock, for around 50 Lac.

Toyota is also planning to launch the HiAce in India, which would be around 40 - 45 Lac. DC Design quotes around 20 Lac for his custom interiors on a HiAce, so in total it shouldn't be more than 70 Lac Brand New.

BBT and their asking price of 95 Lac for a 2012 Car is just
sanojrawap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 11:40   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
We should not go by the asking price. These prices, I guess, are mainly for the window shoppers.

Not sure of the negotiation factor.
The prices are fixed (according to the video in the 1st page of this thread). No negotiations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post
It has custom interiors done by DC Design. Still doesn't justify the 95 Lac Price
BBT and their asking price of 95 Lac for a 2012 Car is just
I guess a typical BBT customer would not be interested in the hassle of importing a Hiace, and speccing it up at DC Design. If he wants a Hiace, he will shell out 95 lacs. The rarity of the Van justifies the asking price - in the eyes of the customer.

Last edited by SmartCat : 27th May 2016 at 11:46.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 11:47   #23
BHPian

Visited this museum two weeks ago only to find no DL registered cars, they'll do the jugaad for a transfer and the cars are massively overpriced, it wouldn't be false to state that they earn more than 20 lakhs on a deal easily, buy on cash sell on cheque, best possible technique in India.
Yes the cars are well detailed and looked after but then, most supercars are.Just have a look at 3M outlets, owners care for them anyway.
And what about that measely 6 month powertrain warranty, even 100% accidental guaranteed Mahindra First Choice offers that.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 13:28   #24
BHPian

What about revenue from loaning out these cars for various ad shoots and music videos? That's another revenue source for already over-priced cars!
DuHasstMich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 13:44   #25
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Visited this museum two weeks ago only to find no DL registered cars, they'll do the jugaad for a transfer and the cars are massively overpriced, it wouldn't be false to state that they earn more than 20 lakhs on a deal easily, buy on cash sell on cheque, best possible technique in India.
Yes the cars are well detailed and looked after but then, most supercars are.Just have a look at 3M outlets, owners care for them anyway.
And what about that measely 6 month powertrain warranty, even 100% accidental guaranteed Mahindra First Choice offers that.
20 lakhs can be said for the cars ranging from 1-1.5 cr, maybe double on cars worth 2 cr+. I can say that for sure, as that's what they were trying to do with me, when i went to get a car from them. Since that day I haven't stepped back in their showroom.

But they do a really good job with detailing and fixing up cars to the best possible condition, mostly feels like it's brand new. Some are even brand new, A while back they had 4 f-types that they took from jaguar directly and were selling at 1.2 cr each. One of my friend spoke to them and they were ready to negotiate and offered 5 lac off. He spoke to a known person from AMP and got himself almost 25L off.

I don't like BBT for the reason that they try to take you for a ride. While you can't complain much because in the used market, it's all up to your skills to find the best deal for yourself OR get yourself looted by some dealer, be it BBT or any others.
VSD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 16:14   #26
BHPian

I was very seriously considering a used Gallardo LP550/560 and continuously monitored BBT's inventory for a few years. Some cars which were sold by BBT would come back to their inventory, without updating how many people actually owned the car.

A good friend of mine purchased 4 cars there in total over the years. 3 luxury cars and 1 sports car (BMW M6). Although he was pleased with the luxury cars, the M6 was a nightmare with major transmission problems. Problem could not even be rectified by the BMW dealer in Hyderabad. He decided to return the car within 2 weeks and took a big hit for depreciation, in spite of being a repeat customer. Wonder what happened to their 6 month warranty policy in this case.

Another family friend of mine sold a Maserati GT to BBT a few years ago, price was hiked up by a whooping 50%. As a result of their ridiculous margins and non existent warranty, I decided to go for a brand new LP580 instead.

In case someone is actually considering a supercar from this shop, be aware that many of these cars have been sitting in their lot for years. Don't be fooled by the highly detailed exteriors and interiors. God knows what problems lurk under the hood.
huracan.lp580 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 16:34   #27
BHPian

Messed up the year of the Bentley in my previous post. It is actually a 2013 Bentley which is retailing around the 3 cr mark.

However while checking I found that in 2013 the model was launched at 3.1 cr ex showroom Delhi. The used car dealers profit immensely from rising prices. The owner of the 2013 Bentley must have got it for around about 3.3-3.4 cr (on road) and to sell it 3 years down the line at 2.9 cr with nearly 20k on the odo is asking for a bit too much.
kartavya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 03:46   #28
BHPian

A little bit off topic, there is a showroom called Machiners Paradise in Kolkata that had Gallardo, F-Type, Mini Cooper JCW and most probably a Triumph Speed Triple from time to time. A new entrant in the pre-owned super car market?
Debajyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 08:42   #29
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
A little bit off topic, there is a showroom called Machiners Paradise in Kolkata that had Gallardo, F-Type, Mini Cooper JCW and most probably a Triumph Speed Triple from time to time. A new entrant in the pre-owned super car market?
Yes a new entrant in the pre-owned supercar market. The Gallardo they have in stock is the limited edition India Serie Speciale in verde ithaca shade.

Machiners Paradise is a cafe/restaurant plus pre-owned supercar dealership. The place has hosted private previews of Rolls Royce Ghost Series-II and have also hosted delivery events, in one such case a Kolkata customer took delivery of India's only Oro Elios Lamborghini Huracan delivered by Lamborghini Delhi.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 11:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Yes a new entrant in the pre-owned supercar market. The Gallardo they have in stock is the limited edition India Serie Speciale in verde ithaca shade.

Machiners Paradise is a cafe/restaurant plus pre-owned supercar dealership. The place has hosted private previews of Rolls Royce Ghost Series-II and have also hosted delivery events, in one such case a Kolkata customer took delivery of India's only Oro Elios Lamborghini Huracan delivered by Lamborghini Delhi.
The owner sold her Verde Ithaca (Green) Gallardo India Serie Speciale edition

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-image00001.jpg

And bought this Oro Elios (Gold) Huracan Just wondering what other cars she has in her garage.

Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-image00004.jpg
Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-image00003.jpg
Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon-image00002.jpg
Debajyoti is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks