Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2016, 12:16   #31
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Big Boy Toyz opens new showroom in Gurgaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
The owner sold her Verde Ithaca (Green) Gallardo India Serie Speciale edition

And bought this Oro Elios (Gold) Huracan Just wondering what other cars she has in her garage.
Yes the Oro Elios Huracan replaced the Verde Ithaca Gallardo ISS in the garage. I am not entirely sure but as far as I remember, the garage also has a BMW Z4, a Merc S-Class, a Jaguar XJL and a Porsche Panamera.

Last edited by //M : 28th May 2016 at 12:26.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 03:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Am I the only one who finds the 'showroom' a little too, um, how do I say it nicely...gaudy?!
Old 30th May 2016, 12:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Am I the only one who finds the 'showroom' a little too, um, how do I say it nicely...gaudy?!
I too find it very very, Umm, Attractive? Perhaps more than required, But well maybe it compliments the cars they have kept.. I also think they are making more money by renting their car's in music videos than by selling their cars to customers.
Old 30th May 2016, 13:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Few months ago when I was looking at 6 series for a friend had called them, they had 2 of them in stock, and their prices were almost twice of the market. That coupled with the fact that their showroom is faaaar away made me give them a miss. But the gentleman on the phone was quite courteous. And its a buyers market, so I'm sure the prices are negotiable once there is cash on the tabl.

My interactions with others in the car scene in Delhi made me realise, they cater to the crowd who like to change cars often. And I've heard they go above and beyond to provide service to their customers, which is why I feel they can get away with the pricing I guess.

Used luxury car market in Delhi is HUGE! I would rather pay 20% extra and buy from them than a shady dealer in West Delhi any-day, but no amount of service can justify 50-100% inflated pricing. India's economy is booming and the number of people wanting to buy luxury cars is only going to increase, definitely going to visit the showroom and report when I get a chance.
quickdraw is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 03:38   #35
BHPian

One thing I read somewhere was that they have a buyback policy decided at the time of sale thus makes more sense to people who change their cars ever other year.
Divyendu Sharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 13:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't Maruti TrueValue sells the used cars at 20-30% above the market value, so why this discrimination.

If any used car dealer won't keep a margin for negotiations, how will he provide the buyer that 'feel' of a 'killer deal'.
Old 29th May 2017, 13:12   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Some interesting data in this article on Big Boy Toyz.

Quote:
Ahuja, who focuses on pre-owned cars that cost between Rs 50 lakh and Rs 1.5 crore and manages to sell at least one car a day...

"I would like to focus more on cars in the bracket of Rs 50 lakh to Rs 1.5 crore rather than the Rs 1.5 crore to Rs 3 crore segment (the super-luxury segment). The volume of business in the first bracket is more than that in the Rs 1.5 crore-plus segment," Ahuja told IANS in an interaction in his Gurugram showroom.

Ahuja says 30 per cent of his business -- of buying and selling second-hand exotic cars -- comes from Haryana, and the rest from across the country.

In 2016, Big Boy Toyz recorded an annual growth of 40 per cent with a turnover of Rs 195 crore, and aims to achieve a turnover of Rs 250-260 crore this fiscal year, he said.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 14:47   #38
BHPian

BBT recently has been buying unsold stock from luxury car dealers around the country for huge bulk discounts and then quoting ex-showroom prices. They bought up a bunch of SLK 350's before the SLC was launched, and have recently bought a bunch of Maserati GT's and a couple of Quattroporte's and Ghibli's. There might be good offers on these and these cars seem to be unused and unregistered. With that said however, the Maserati Mumbai has massive discounts on the Ghibli too.

My question is, since these cars with BBT aren't registered yet, that technically would make the buyer the first owner, yes?
Porcupine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 15:03   #39
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Technically if BBT has "bought" them from the dealers then they would probably be the first owners - but I doubt they would have transferred the cars on their names. They would most probably be acting as agents to sell these unsold cars. I wonder who will honor warranty and A.S.S for these cars - BBT or the official dealers.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 15:12   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Technically if BBT has "bought" them from the dealers then they would probably be the first owners - but I doubt they would have transferred the cars on their names. They would most probably be acting as agents to sell these unsold cars. I wonder who will honor warranty and A.S.S for these cars - BBT or the official dealers.
I always assumed that number of owners was recorded only on the RC book, so technically no RC book would currently put the status at 0 owners with the first registerer to be owner number 1? I would assume the car would just look as if its moved from one dealer's stock to another's but this is what I'm unsure of.

Also I'd assume the A.S.S. would be taken care off by the official dealer, as; as far as they are concerned the car has been sold along with the warranties etc.? Unless they have a specific deal with the official dealers to sell the cars on their behalf or something of that sort?
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 17:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
BBT recently has been buying unsold stock from luxury car dealers around the country for huge bulk discounts and then quoting ex-showroom prices. They bought up a bunch of SLK 350's before the SLC was launched, and have recently bought a bunch of Maserati GT's and a couple of Quattroporte's and Ghibli's. There might be good offers on these and these cars seem to be unused and unregistered. With that said however, the Maserati Mumbai has massive discounts on the Ghibli too.

My question is, since these cars with BBT aren't registered yet, that technically would make the buyer the first owner, yes?
BBT does register these cars on their name, which results in the individual buying the car from them being the 2nd Owner
sanojrawap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 18:00   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post
BBT does register these cars on their name, which results in the individual buying the car from them being the 2nd Owner
Thanks for clarifying that out. In that case I'd assume the official dealership would do the A.S.S. since the car has been 'sold to the end user', right?
Old 29th May 2017, 19:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Few months ago when I was looking at 6 series for a friend had called them, they had 2 of them in stock, and their prices were almost twice of the market. That coupled with the fact that their showroom is faaaar away made me give them a miss. But the gentleman on the phone was quite courteous. And its a buyers market, so I'm sure the prices are negotiable once there is cash on the tabl.

My interactions with others in the car scene in Delhi made me realise, they cater to the crowd who like to change cars often. And I've heard they go above and beyond to provide service to their customers, which is why I feel they can get away with the pricing I guess.

Used luxury car market in Delhi is HUGE! I would rather pay 20% extra and buy from them than a shady dealer in West Delhi any-day, but no amount of service can justify 50-100% inflated pricing. India's economy is booming and the number of people wanting to buy luxury cars is only going to increase, definitely going to visit the showroom and report when I get a chance.
Nothing against anyone, but most of these select niche dealers quote astronomical price to people who don't come through reference and if the calls are coming due some uninitiated online activity, like this thread, reason? They want to filter calls. They know their customers very well and they know their buying customers don't call them out of the blue, they usually let their references or personal assistants know, who gets an appointment or callback. So even if the customer is genuine and may buy from them they usually let them pass as they choose their customers very wisely.

Pramod
Old 29th May 2017, 22:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Nothing against anyone, but most of these select niche dealers quote astronomical price to people who don't come through reference and if the calls are coming due some uninitiated online activity, like this thread, reason? They want to filter calls. They know their customers very well and they know their buying customers don't call them out of the blue, they usually let their references or personal assistants know, who gets an appointment or callback. So even if the customer is genuine and may buy from them they usually let them pass as they choose their customers very wisely.

Pramod
I completely disagree with you Sir, in this day and age you cannot treat any lead with such cavalier attitude. If someone can't take you seriously, then you can't consider that business to be worthy of your money. I can personally attest you a recent incident where we were buying a car in the family. Volvo lost out on a sale of the S90 because they simply couldn't get the test drive car to us (lack of co-ordination) and Mercedes with the new LWB E-Class (because they were too snotty to send over a car). Ended up getting a 5'er.

Unlike low-value items where there is high-cost sensitivity, high value or luxury items are bought by people for whom time is of paramount importance. They just simply can't be bothered about trying to find a 'contact'. They are not selling a car but a service.

In fact, I visited BBT for the first time yesterday itself, I was attended to very well. But I was just browsing and the only car he could offer be was a 2012 XKR (68 Lakhs) while I enquired about something like a CLA45 in the 30-40 range. The price is almost 2x the logical resale of that car, which leaves no room or basis for a continued conversation. In my books, they are better suited for people who have an insane amount of extra cash and like to change cars often, and not salaried petrolheads.
quickdraw is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 23:10   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post

In fact, I visited BBT for the first time yesterday itself, I was attended to very well. But I was just browsing and the only car he could offer be was a 2012 XKR (68 Lakhs) while I enquired about something like a CLA45 in the 30-40 range. The price is almost 2x the logical resale of that car, which leaves no room or basis for a continued conversation. In my books, they are better suited for people who have an insane amount of extra cash and like to change cars often, and not salaried petrolheads.
A little but if I could suggest looking online classifieds, there are a few CLA45s for 50-55 which I think could be a decent deal at 50 for a 3 year old car given that it cost 70 lacs new.

Definitely agree with the fact that attitude matters in every call you take in a business, you never know how much value a person can make or break if not given the required attention. And not just this once, but even in future and through all his contacts.
But good to see that face to face customers are handled well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks