Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2006, 02:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
I believe the quota for India is just 1 per year.
Is it true?
I dont know how much truth is there to this statement, but that wouldnt stop someone with money to get it. All you have to do is import it yourself or through an unauthorized dealer, just like how people have been bring in cars all these years.
Old 2nd November 2006, 04:34   #32
M77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess?
I absolutely agree with this statement. In the end, if given a choice in that price-bracket, I would never go for the turbo. Agreed there isn't much in that price but I would rather go for the CLS63/E63/M5 and a spare C/3/A4 for change.

The Porsche looks too undemanding, too unappealing and not exotic enough.
Porsches are just compressed and stretched VW bugs.
You are just paying extra for that process.
Old 2nd November 2006, 08:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///////M7
well c'mon they aint that bad..just because they look like one..dosent mean that they behave like one too(which is a more imp aspect of the car)

but yeah id completetly agree with Guess's views of choosing maybe a M5 or a CLS 63 or even a SL55 over the porsche...

here in Australia the only ppl that drive a Porsche are people with grey hair...here many call the Porsche 'the old mans sports car'

But what i really like most about Porsche is just like Lamborghini they make some of the most beautiful looking factory fitted alloys for their cars.

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd February 2010 at 12:11.
Old 2nd November 2006, 19:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:

thts the most ridiculous comment ive read on this site......u obviously have never been or driven a posche turbo......
Old 2nd November 2006, 20:35   #35

Quote:
Hear hear!! I agree one cant make such claims unless one has driven such cars. Yes true the morden day Porsche has design cues from the early VW as they used to share platforms/parts/R&D. But why mess with some thing that has worked and still works to the day!! it's like saying a Ferrari is a dressed up Fiat or a Aston Martin is an expensive Ford. Having driven and owned Porsches and Ferrari i cant tell you even though they share the parts bins of major car manufacturers they do not share the DNA (so to speak).
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:27   #36
BHPian

details on a red 997TT

hey guys,

i saw an amazing red 997TT near nariman point. anyone else seen this car. the one time i don't have my friggin' camera.
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:41   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I have seen this car several times; Coincidentally always in peak hour traffic. I guess Porsches live up to their reputation and dont over-heat and misfire etc. in bumper to bumper traffic.

Agreed that its a fabulous colour choice. And the number plate reads 997.
Old 23rd January 2007, 14:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Porsche 997 Turbo thread exists

Threads merged
Old 4th February 2007, 18:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

2 997 Turbos in one night

Was in town last night with friends . Spotted 2 997 Turbos . A grey one at marine drive and a black one at Breach Candy

So the total count I know of is 3 in Mumbai

Last edited by Dippy : 4th February 2007 at 18:22.
Old 4th February 2007, 23:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

Damn!!!

thats awesome..its a great car to get for indian roads...

but i dont know with that kind of dough what would i do, FGT convert or a 911 turbo?? hmm..difficult Q..
Old 9th February 2007, 01:03   #41
BHPian

hey the owner of the grey one happens to be a member of this forum.....hes the same guy that had the black 911 carrera and got into an arguement with another member over a supposed race between him n the other member in a scorpio lol.........anyone remember that thread.......
Old 9th February 2007, 18:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

I guess "race with the Scorpio" Porsche was a Marron one.
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:43   #43

There are three 911 Turbo's (997's) within 5 minutes of my house in South Bombay. The red one that everyone's seen is all around town and is owned by a prominent family in the mobile telecommunications business (should be enough of a hint). I think they use is as their everyday car as it's out and about all the time!

There is also a grey turbo and a dark blue turbo, both of which live in Breach Candy... I can post pics of them later today... The black one that people claim to have seen is I think the black Cayman S. I say this cause it's the only black Porsche I've seen in Mumbai (besides shady Boxsters).
Old 23rd March 2007, 12:10   #44
Awaiting Email Confirmation

yup the cayman S that keeps bursting around is black. (Treetribe,umm..the term shady boxsters...I'm sure with your technological prowess you'd consider a boxster shady,but in no circumstance would a person like myself(probably due to the lack of my knowledge in the automobile industry) consider one shady in any way.Unless youre driving anything that does 250hp + and puts that power down on the road with absolute stability. I say this because i'm quite in the runs of getting one myself in this year.So probably your inputs would count.
Old 23rd March 2007, 14:33   #45

nitroxx,

I guess it's to each his own, but Boxster's are generally considered the poor man's Porsche! I mean, if you really are a "car guy" get something thats actually fun to drive, like a BMW M3 or a Z4 or a Nissan 350Z... They're all alot more of "drivers cars" than the Boxster and around the same price range.. However, if you just want to be able to say that you have a Porsche.... then you have your answer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks