Team-BHP - Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/185890-lamborghini-huracan-performante-launched-rs-3-97-crore.html)

Lamborghini has launched the Huracan Performante in India at a price of Rs. 3.97 crore (ex-showroom, pan India).

The Huracan Performante is basically a high-performance version of the regular Huracan coupe. Lamborghini first unveiled the Performante at this year's Geneva Motor Show and it has been launched in India within one month of its global debut.

While the overall structure of the supercar is identical to the regular model, the Huracan Performante gets some minor cosmetic tweaks, including new front and rear bumpers. The supercar also gets an active aerodynamics package, which has been termed as ALA (Aerodynamica Lamborghini Attiva). This basically includes a front splitter and a rear wing that come with electrically controlled flaps in order to provide the optimum downforce and reduce drag. Lamborghini has also used light-weight carbon fibre and aluminium in the car's construction, making the Performante around 40 kg lighter than the standard car. It further comes with 20-inch alloy wheels that are wrapped in specially developed Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres.

Meanwhile, the 5.2-litre, V10 engine has been tuned to generate 630 BHP and 600 Nm of torque. The 7-speed dual clutch transmission has also been re-engineered to offer quicker gearshifts. This powertrain is capable of accelerating the car from 0-100 km/h in a company-claimed time of 2.9 seconds, while the top speed is claimed to be 325 km/h.

The Lamborghini Huracan Performante is currently the fastest production car to lap the Nurburgring circuit. It completed the lap in 6 minutes and 52.01 seconds, which is around 5 seconds faster than the previous record holder - the Porsche 918 Spyder.

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-c8yruugumaemjlm.jpg

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-lamborghinihuracanperformantesideprofile.jpg

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched at Rs. 3.97 crore-lamborghinihuracanperformanterearview.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by dZired (Post 4178556)
The Lamborghini Huracan Performante is currently the fastest production car to lap the Nurburgring circuit. It completed the lap in 6 minutes and 52.01 seconds, which is around 5 seconds faster than the previous record holder - the Porsche 918 Spyder.

Pretty impressive!

Here's the lap. Surprisingly there wasn't too much discussion about this on Team-BHP when it happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ULSUcERlQQ

Quote:

Originally Posted by dZired (Post 4178556)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4178578)
Pretty impressive!

Here's the lap. Surprisingly there wasn't too much discussion about this on Team-BHP when it happened...

Feels good to see Old school beating the new 'Hybrid' generation around a proper track.

It must have given their parents (VW) & cousins (Porsche) some serious heartburn.

The 918 has been always criticized for being a bit heavy and 'woolly'.
In spite of having 50% percent more power and extreme levels of electronics etc, it is slower round the track than an old school middle weight supercar!

However, it is still exceedingly fast in a straight line.
There was a video of the 918 (Grand Tour feature presented by Richard Hammond) beating the mightly Buggati Veyron!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4178578)
Pretty impressive!

I am in complete Awe honestly of this claim!!
I mean on the racetrack 918 proved to be very competitive even to insane P1. I just cannot believe that a Huracan can beat its time on the Nurburgring.

I am not questioning Lamborghini's claim or their ability, but I have never seen in any comparo test Huracan's being faster than even 911 Turbo S, let alone the 918.

Plus the upgrades to this do not sound as they would make this car faster than the 918. I mean its a 30 BHP gain and 40 KG weight loss and some active aero.

Rachit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra (Post 4178644)

Well! You are not alone.

Many are doubting the claim. Details here: Did Lamborghini Fake Its Record-Breaking Nürburgring Lap Time?

And its now confirmed that Performante was shod with bespoke tyres for the run. Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires - 245/30ZR20 at the front and 305/30ZR20 at the back - designed specifically by Pirelli’s engineers for the record attempt.

I am happy the Huracan Performante did this but the biggest controversy of that record breaking video is this;

@ 4:38 (in the Youtube video) the speed was @ 133 km/h;

Name:  Screen Shot 20170407 at 6.45.50 PM.png
Views: 3329
Size:  304.8 KB

@ 4:39 the very next second it was @ 190 km/h;

Name:  Screen Shot 20170407 at 6.46.00 PM.png
Views: 3372
Size:  305.5 KB

^ All this in the same 5th gear & similar RPM.

This can be GPS/Speedo Reading glitch or traction issues or edited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4178670)
I am happy the Huracan Performante did this but the biggest controversy of that record breaking video is this;

@ 4:38 (in the Youtube video) the speed was @ 133 km/h;

Lambo has released the complete data from the lap and many of the critics have been satisfied.
Below link explains the whole story:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...rd-faked-data/

Lamborghini Huracan Performante launched in Bangalore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhxZDykdCA

Video from the Lamborghini Huracan Performante Launch Yesterday !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll7E2fYYI4w

I guess the Indian allocations have been made. Noticed that its a LHD. Probably heading to the rest of Asia after yesterdays show?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra (Post 4178644)
I mean on the racetrack 918 proved to be very competitive even to insane P1. I just cannot believe that a Huracan can beat its time on the Nurburgring.

I am not questioning Lamborghini's claim or their ability, but I have never seen in any comparo test Huracan's being faster than even 911 Turbo S, let alone the 918.

Plus the upgrades to this do not sound as they would make this car faster than the 918. I mean its a 30 BHP gain and 40 KG weight loss and some active aero.

Rachit

Can you please share the link where the regular Huracán is being beaten by the 911 Turbo S, the newest video from Salomondrin shows quite another story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZbYTHWpJ-4&t=609s

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 4178657)
Well! You are not alone.

Many are doubting the claim. Details here: Did Lamborghini Fake Its Record-Breaking Nürburgring Lap Time?

And its now confirmed that Performante was shod with bespoke tyres for the run. Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires - 245/30ZR20 at the front and 305/30ZR20 at the back - designed specifically by Pirelli’s engineers for the record attempt.

Whats the fuss all about when the Huracán is available with the mentioned Trofeo R tires as an option from the factory, even on the non Performante Huracán models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullrevs (Post 4184539)
I guess the Indian allocations have been made. Noticed that its a LHD. Probably heading to the rest of Asia after yesterdays show?

I think the car is headed to Mumbai and then to the rest of Asia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorque (Post 4184651)
Can you please share the link where the regular Huracán is being beaten by the 911 Turbo S, the newest video from Salomondrin shows quite another story.

Sir, I didn't have any specific video in my mind. Just that watching so many videos, that is the impression, I had made in my mind.

I was able to find the Lap times from the Evo Leader Board for 2016, but unfortunately they never had a Huracan so can't be sure.
http://www.evo.co.uk/features/16996/...and-blytonlol:

In Evo's hands Turbo S was as fast as the GT3RS, and much faster than the GTR. I guess this might be the reason I assumed it to be faster than the Huracan. I know, there is no connection but I somehow had it in my mind this way.

Rachit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra (Post 4184729)
Sir, I didn't have any specific video in my mind. Just that watching so many videos, that is the impression, I had made in my mind.

I was able to find the Lap times from the Evo Leader Board for 2016, but unfortunately they never had a Huracan so can't be sure.
http://www.evo.co.uk/features/16996/...and-blytonlol:

In Evo's hands Turbo S was as fast as the GT3RS, and much faster than the GTR. I guess this might be the reason I assumed it to be faster than the Huracan. I know, there is no connection but I somehow had it in my mind this way.

Rachit

First and foremost, you didnt have to call me Sir :uncontrol

And yes i agree there aren't any comprehensive track tests/comparos done of the Huracan vs its target competition so it was surely difficult to tell, however i am quite inclined to believe the test done by Salomondrin as they used the same tires/driver/day/conditions to test each one of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorque (Post 4184780)
First and foremost, you didnt have to call me Sir :uncontrol

And yes i agree there aren't any comprehensive track tests/comparos done of the Huracan vs its target competition so it was surely difficult to tell, however i am quite inclined to believe the test done by Salomondrin as they used the same tires/driver/day/conditions to test each one of them.

Salomondrin does appear to have been doing some good tests lately and in this case also Huracan beating the 488 GTB is also a surprise to me. I mean I had it the other way around in my head.

But if we take this result and apply to the EVO leaderboard, it sort of will prove the Huracan being faster than the Turbo S because EVO had 488 GTB faster than the Turbo S.

What I don't get is why then no popular Euro Reviewer rave about the Huracan. They all have good words for it, but they don't rave for it like they do for the new McLarens or Ferraris or mostly the Porsches. This is genuinely for my understanding, because of these reviews only, I had the Huracan to be slower than the Turbo or the 488 in my mind.

I do understand Huracan being 4 wheel drive will be more effective around corners and will inherently have slight understeer or that sort of stuff, but these results are genuine achievements in my opinion because the competing cars are also so good.

Personally I am a Porsche fan now. Loyalties changed from Ferrari to Porsche, thanks to Chris Harris, Henry Catchpole and Jethro. But these are stonking achievements from the Raging Bull camp then.

Rachit