Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2017, 20:36   #16
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Re: Porsche 911R in India

What a beautiful looking car, this!
Personally, this is my favourite modern car in town. Although, I wish it had the normal tail-lights and not the clear ones.

And, Ismail, there you've got the best video of yours! Loved it. Kudos!
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 19:15   #17
Team-BHP Support

Great looking car, and the fact that it's a rare / collectible makes it such a treat!

But the new 911 GT3 (991.2 GT3) has clouded my vision. With the face-lift, they've fixed the duck-face and dialed in a whole lot more aggression IMO.

P.S. Porsche is all set to reveal a few interesting cars over the next month or so (probably at Goodwood). One of them will be the GT2 RS. The other one is likely to be the GT3 'Touring', which will get rid of the rear wing. So this would effectively mean that you can buy a GT3 with a 4 litre engine + 500 horsepower AND a manual (just like the R). Put some stripes on it and you effectively have a face-lift R!

I wonder what this will do to the inflated prices of the R.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 20:15   #18
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Great looking car, and the fact that it's a rare / collectible makes it such a treat!

But the new 911 GT3 (991.2 GT3) has clouded my vision. With the face-lift, they've fixed the duck-face and dialed in a whole lot more aggression IMO.

P.S. Porsche is all set to reveal a few interesting cars over the next month or so (probably at Goodwood). One of them will be the GT2 RS. The other one is likely to be the GT3 'Touring', which will get rid of the rear wing. So this would effectively mean that you can buy a GT3 with a 4 litre engine + 500 horsepower AND a manual (just like the R). Put some stripes on it and you effectively have a face-lift R!

Call me a victim-of-the-limited-car-tag but to me the R will always remain a special Porsche. Sure the GT3 is a better car, but it still won't have the old school charm the R exudes inside out. Somehow, the houndstooth seats, green dials and other such touches speak to me.

As for the prices of the R, it was a bubble. Talk about the power of internet!
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 00:00   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Call me a victim-of-the-limited-car-tag but to me the R will always remain a special Porsche. Sure the GT3 is a better car, but it still won't have the old school charm the R exudes inside out. Somehow, the houndstooth seats, green dials and other such touches speak to me.

It's true! The R will always be a special product.

But if you've got enough dough, you could get houndstooth fabric on your GT3 seats too! Not sure about them green dials though..

What sets the R apart from a heavily optioned Porsche 911 GT3 is the deliberate deletion of sound-deadening that allows you to listen to all those mechanical whirs and feel those cables under tension, I suppose.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 17:08   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post

Related thread : Porsche to crack down on owners who flip their cars for a profit
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks