Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2017, 21:49   #1
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Porsche 911R in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR/46_Chet View Post
To me, this sounds like something that ends with 'R' and is already sold out. It would be beyond phenomenal if it is that one.
Here we go! The country's only Porsche 911 R delivered to the Bren Garage.
Pic off the owner's Instagram (PS :: That's quite a gallery of droolworthy pics there! )

Name:  Screen Shot 20170224 at 9.46.32 PM.png
Views: 6691
Size:  567.4 KB

Note from Mod: Dropping in this video in case anyone reading this isn't yet familiar with what the 911 R is all about

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th February 2017 at 11:24. Reason: Adding a video for the uninitiated :)
A.K is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 22:44   #2
BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Pic off the owner's Instagram (PS :: That's quite a gallery of droolworthy pics there! )
Oh Boy!! I was really hoping that somebody in India gets one at least, although I was apprehensive. What a car this is. This might just be the best and the last of its kind. God, I so want to have this one just so that I can preserve it.

Full cheers to the owner for getting the most tasteful and sensible sports car of modern times, in my opinion.

Thank you.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 14:13   #3
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Oh Boy!! I was really hoping that somebody in India gets one at least, although I was apprehensive.
On the same note, I think huge props go to Mr. Pavan Shetty, Director, Porsche India. I may be completely wrong in saying this and it might just be a co-incidence for all I know, but I think after this man took over Porsche India, it's done great. Right from bringing in the GT3 RS and a bunch of Cayman GT4s (more than what was initially allotted for India) and the more mainstream, better-priced Macan R4, it is safe to say that Porsche India is in good hands.
While there have been a few hitches on the way which is best not spoken about, I thoroughly feel that this way, Porsche is gonna do great in India.
Can't wait to see the newer GT3 and the GT2 RS down here!
A.K is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 16:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Clicked the 911R yesterday sitting pretty at Porsche Bengaluru
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche 911R in India-image.jpeg  

manishasrani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 19:31   #5
BHPian

I really did not expect India to get a 911R at all, considering the demand for it all over the world. Mr. Bren is really killing it with his collection, I thought he would be getting an AMG GT-R. It would have been icing on the cake had he managed to get hold of a PTS allocation as well, since I think only 50 R's all over the world got the true PTS option. I don't think there any PTS Porsches in India, does anyone know of one?
AbelAFC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 08:24   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
It would have been icing on the cake had he managed to get hold of a PTS allocation as well, since I think only 50 R's all over the world got the true PTS option. I don't think there any PTS Porsches in India, does anyone know of one?
Indian market isn't mature enough to digest the premium of a Paint To Sample. One mans PTS is another mans trash, so residuals may take quite a hit. So its safer to go with off the shelf colours and wrap if one so desires.

However, there are a few PTS Rolls Royce around the country.

That said, my all time favourite PTS of a 911R is

http://jalopnik.com/someone-made-the...ter-1790396561
Ash_vtec is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 12:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
OH MY GOD! My guess was correct then. This is spectacular, India gets a 911R!
It is great to know that it went to the Bren Garage considering he is someone who takes his cars out, unlike some others who prefer garage queens.
Old 27th February 2017, 16:01   #8
BHPian

Beautiful car the 991R, congratulations to the owner. Spotted a lot of super cars being loaded onto a truck or two, near shalini ground on Sunday night. The 'Bren' lambo Huracan, Porsche GT4, EVOx, Porsche turbo and a an R8 which was inside the truck. That's all I could spot. A Nice Sunday treat for the eyes.
chetan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 19:18   #9
BHPian

Quote:
On the same note, I think huge props go to Mr. Pavan Shetty, Director, Porsche India. I may be completely wrong in saying this and it might just be a co-incidence for all I know, but I think after this man took over Porsche India, it's done great. Right from bringing in the GT3 RS and a bunch of Cayman GT4s (more than what was initially allotted for India) and the more mainstream, better-priced Macan R4, it is safe to say that Porsche India is in good hands.
While there have been a few hitches on the way which is best not spoken about, I thoroughly feel that this way, Porsche is gonna do great in India.
Can't wait to see the newer GT3 and the GT2 RS down here!
Excellent point there sir. From all that I have understood, that too from a distance by online reading or videos, there can be politics and few strings required to be pulled to get such a car in India. So the credit to the higher management in Porsche for treating India as an important market as well.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2017, 22:25   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
Indian market isn't mature enough to digest the premium of a Paint To Sample. One mans PTS is another mans trash, so residuals may take quite a hit. So its safer to go with off the shelf colours and wrap if one so desires.

However, there are a few PTS Rolls Royce around the country.

That said, my all time favourite PTS of a 911R is

http://jalopnik.com/someone-made-the...ter-1790396561
I'm pretty certain that when someone goes thru the hassle of getting PTS on their regular run of the mill Porsche, they're hardly thinking of residual values, much less than when its PTS on a limited edition like the R.

Also, getting your individual paint on an RR is much easier than getting PTS approved at Porsche. RR will do anything if you flash the greenbacks at them. Not so much at Porsche. They have their own internal protocols to follow and are quite tight-lipped about it. They're quite finicky about approving PTS for most 911s. Hell, they didn't give any of their UK customers the option of PTS on the R. And since we're on the topic of PTS 911s, check out Michael Jen's Brewster Green R. Its got a myriad of Porsche Exclusive and CXX options, and its probably the most personalised R produced.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ5WqQIA...by=ptsrs&hl=en

Check out his old 91RS and the 918 that he has currently. Brilliant spec on both, this guy has great taste.

Last edited by AbelAFC : 28th February 2017 at 22:28.
AbelAFC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 16:05   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Spotted at Citrus hotel Sriperumbudur on Monday morning on their way to track. I guess they drove on Sunday and spent the night at this hotel.

These were the cars that were driven down from Bangalore.

I followed them on the highway for a few kms till they reached the track and I continued onwards to Chennai.
I believe some of these cars were loaded into a truck and taken to Chennai. The blue 911 (991.1) specifically was transported to Chennai.

EDIT:

Quote:
I'm pretty certain that when someone goes thru the hassle of getting PTS on their regular run of the mill Porsche, they're hardly thinking of residual values, much less than when its PTS on a limited edition like the R.
+1

Quote:
Also, getting your individual paint on an RR is much easier than getting PTS approved at Porsche. RR will do anything if you flash the greenbacks at them. Not so much at Porsche. They have their own internal protocols to follow and are quite tight-lipped about it. They're quite finicky about approving PTS for most 911s. Hell, they didn't give any of their UK customers the option of PTS on the R.
Even the self-proclaimed Porsche collector, Salamondrin a.k.a. Alejandro was denied a PTS 911R in spite of repeated requests. First preference for PTS allocations is generally given to 918 owners. And he used to own not one, but two 918s!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st March 2017 at 16:26.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 11:22   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Also, getting your individual paint on an RR is much easier than getting PTS approved at Porsche. RR will do anything if you flash the greenbacks at them.
I do see your point but the bottom line is always considered when speccing is what I mean, unless of course its an emotional purchase where resale isn't on the cards.
Ash_vtec is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 17:34   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Even the self-proclaimed Porsche collector, Salamondrin a.k.a. Alejandro was denied a PTS 911R in spite of repeated requests. First preference for PTS allocations is generally given to 918 owners. And he used to own not one, but two 918s!
but Alejandro isn't a big enough customer for Porsche to allocate him PTS. I don't think either of 918s were bought directly from the factory, and this matters massively to the P car management. And I'm sure the whole fiasco with his '1 of 1' Huayra isn't doing him any favours at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
If you want, I can upload my dashcam footage of these cars driving on the highway
Yes please, that would be great. ^^
AbelAFC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 22:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

India's only Porsche 911R 👌
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche 911R in India-image.jpeg  

manishasrani is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 19:51   #15
BANNED

Porsche 911R in India

The Porsche 911R which was delivered a few months ago to #BrenGarage in Bangalore !!

Porsche produced only 991 units of the car and here in Bangalore we have the 825/991 cars ever produced worldwide. The engine is the glorious 4-litre, naturally aspirated flat-six, lifted straight from the 991 GT3 RS. It is a six-speed with manual gearbox.Power and torque outputs remain the same as in the RS, so 493bhp at 8250rpm and 339lb ft at 6250rpm.The claimed 0-60mph time is 3.8sec and the claimed top speed is 201mph.

I Finally got to see the car on road and boy the car has some great road presense. I will let the video and pictures do the talking.

Porsche 911R in India-img_1826-copy.jpg

Porsche 911R in India-img_18592-copy.jpg

Porsche 911R in India-img_1960-copy.jpg
Porsche 911R in India-img_1946-copy.jpg

Porsche 911R in India-img_1897-copy.jpg

Porsche 911R in India-img_1836-copy.jpg

Porsche 911R in India-img_1844-copy.jpg

Porsche 911R in India-img_1950-copy.jpg
Porsche 911R in India-img_1887-copy.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th June 2017 at 17:00. Reason: Awesome pics, thanks. Have moved all other related posts to this thread as well. :)
mohammedismail is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks