Team-BHP - Honda Civic
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Honda Civic (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/18826-honda-civic.html)

i saw this LHD honda civic in juhu, have no clue what year it is but the car is so much better than the one we have in india. i guess its out from the u.s. itself. is this the latest launch in the u.s.

pics.....

Hmm... I always thought that Civics launched in India is same as in US. US civic looks quite futuristic but still a base car here. It is supposedly the most modded car in US. The hot rod in civic is Si model with ~ 200HP

This Civic owner would be feeling foolish now that the same model he paid 102% excise duty for is available for the original rate here. And more importantly for him, the unique WOW factor he wanted to have is also gone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG
This Civic owner would be feeling foolish now that the same model he paid 102% excise duty for is available for the original rate here.

He must've recently imported it. So he already knew that the Civic is available here.

Quote:

the unique WOW factor he wanted to have is also gone.

I dont think so..Its still a LHD.;)

Mugen_Power.

Quote:

This Civic owner would be feeling foolish now that the same model he paid 102% excise duty for is available for the original rate here. And more importantly for him, the unique WOW factor he wanted to have is also gone.

I dont think its been imported by an individual. must be a diplomats car or somthing

Quote:

But still it is not the same Civic as in US (if imported from there) ? headlights, tailights and front grille are different

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen_Power
I dont think so..Its still a LHD.;)

Mugen_Power.

Not just LHD, most people mod cars to make em look different, and our man does not need to do anything to make his civic unique, and I am sure that baby is much more loaded inside and under the hood will leave the Indian counterpart to dust. :)

It could be a consulat car. CC registration. it looks a little more futuristic than the asia model thats for sure.

this car looked good from inside and outside and surely far better than what we have here. plus the sunroof too:mad: :mad:

even i have seen this car in juhu...looks better than the indian civic..
surely must be a diplomat s car bcoz an common man cant import and lhd vehicle

Yes, this may be a consulate car or UN car or something of that sort, since I guess only they are allowed LHD's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmunds.com
What's New for the 2006 Honda Civic
Honda has completely redesigned the Civic for 2006. Highlights include a more powerful and fuel-efficient 1.8-liter engine, new exterior styling, an advanced interior design and more premium features. The company has also improved the gas-electric IMA system for the Civic Hybrid and restored the Civic Si trim's potency with a 197-hp engine and a sportier coupe body style.

Found this link:
http://www.edmunds.com/new/research/honda/civic.html

This is a US domestic market civic. It is quite likely it is a CC/UN car or used by some foreignor posted here or on TR basis. It is a sedan.

Apparently it is different in a few ways, especially related to transmission (they do not have a 5 sp AT with paddle shifts), exterior, interior (drab grey all around), etc. It was launched last year in US and honda has already launched the 2007 model year civic, so this one is old. Irony is that most US fellows actually prefer our JDM (japanese domestic market) version exteriors and interiors. Our JDM/Indian version is actually again sold as Acura (a luxury brand of honda) in Canada. It is also sold in UK/Europe with an excellent 2.2L diesel engine. Now if honda had launched that engine version in India, even as an option, skoda/toyota would have no option but to shut their shops.

The SI 2 door with a 2.0 (or maybe 2.2L) 197 bhp engine and 6 speed MT is very very hot in US, with wait times stretching for several weeks. The 2.0L engine released in asian markets is not the same as the SI and puts out only 155bhp. Usually only this engine is mated with the paddle shift AT, except in India (and a couple of countries) where honda has made an exception.

In 2006 honda is expected to sell more than 250,000 civics worldwide.

Our civic looks much better than this.. only drawback are the stock alloy wheels provided with cars.. once they are changed to the 17"s, it looks really hot..

__________________________________________________ ______________
(1998)City 1.3,(2001)Ford Ikon 1.3,(2003) Maruti Omni,(2004)Accent Gls.(2006)Honda Accord 2.4i-vtec,(2006) Merc C-class
Never Go above 60InCITY