Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2017, 14:44   #1
BANNED

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India

I was invited for the launch of the Mercedes AMG GT R and AMG GT Roadster in Delhi which took place at the JW Marriott hotel Aerocity.

The GT R and the GT Roadster are launched with the price tag of 2.23CR and 2.19 CR. Mercedes has killed it with the pricing !!

Below is the press release.

Quote:
The country’s leading luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz India today strengthened its position in the performance car segment by launching two of the most fascinating sports cars available globally. The Beast of the Green Hell – the AMG GT R – and its topless cousin, the AMG GT Roadster are the two latest additions in Mercedes-Benz’s performance car portfolio in India.

In the last 50 years, Mercedes-AMG consolidated its position as a highly successful sports car and performance brand with numerous successes from motorsport to developing unique road-going vehicles. As a continuation of the global celebration of #50YearsOfAMG, these two beasts from Affalterbach were launched by Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India.

Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, “We are excited to pursue the #50YearsOfAMG celebrations in India, and what better way to celebrate it than by introducing the Beast of the Green Hell – the Mercedes-AMG GT R – and the Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster. AMG brings race-bred genes from the most challenging tracks in the world to the world’s best driving road. Bringing in the fastest cars from the fastest family in the world is proof of the increasing importance of India as a market and its potential for performance sports cars. We are confident that these two sensational sports cars will entice Mercedes-AMG enthusiasts in India and redefine the performance motoring segment altogether.”

Mr. Folger further added, “At Mercedes-Benz India, it has been our constant endeavor to offer our Indian customers some of the most sought-after global products. Be it iconic sports cars, race-bred super sedans or performance SUVs, Mercedes-Benz’s diverse portfolio comprising 12 AMGs in India is the largest for any car brand in this market. The AMG GT R and the AMG GT Roadster combine the driving dynamics of our AMG GT3 racing car with the everyday practicality of the AMG GT. We are confident that these fascinating products will be well received by our elite Indian customers and reinforce AMG’s reputation as the most preferred performance brand in the country.”

AMG GT R - Beast of the Green Hell

From the world's most demanding racetrack, directly onto the road: Never before has Mercedes-AMG packed so much motorsport technology into a production vehicle than into the new AMG GT R
The exclusive "AMG green hell magno" special paintwork leaves no doubt as to the sports car's origin, having spent most of its development time in the "Green Hell" of the Nurburgring racetrack, Germany
The new front fascia with active elements, the large rear aerofoil and the new rear fascia with double diffuser enhance aerodynamic efficiency, and help ensure optimum grip

AMG GT Roadster – Built to be Wild

Sublime open-top driving performance: the AMG GT Roadster is powered by the 4.0-litre V8 bi-turbo engine developing 476 hp @ 6000rpm and 630 Nm @ 1700-5000rpm | 0-100 km/h in a mere 4 seconds | Top speed 302 km/h

AMG GT Roadster is quickly transformed from a coupé to an open-top sports car | Fabric roof opens and closes in 11 seconds up to speeds of 50 km/h

Enhanced aerodynamic efficiency with large rear aerofoil, the new rear fascia with double diffuser and AIRPANEL active air management system

Performance car enthusiasts can customize these cars under the Mercedes-Benz designo customization platform.

Key product highlights:

AMG GT R – Beast of the ‘Green Hell’ (standard equipment)

1. New Panamericana grille
  2. AMG Traction control
  3. AMG electronic rear-axle limited-slip differential
  4. AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension
  5. AMG Performance exhaust system with titanium elements
  6. AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sports transmission
  7. Carbon-fibre roof
  8. Exclusive light weight AMG Performance 10-twin-spoke forged wheels
  9. AMG Interior Night package
  10. AMG Performance steering wheel in black DINAMICA microfiber with top-stitching

AMG GT Roadster – Built for the Wild (standard equipment)
  1. New Panamericana grille
  2. AMG RIDE CONTROL sports suspension
  3. AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sports transmission
  4. AIRSCARF
  5. Draught stop
  6. Sporty red seat belts
  7. AMG Exterior Chrome package
  8. AMG Performance steering wheel in black DINAMICA microfiber with top-stitching ‘designo’
To take personalization to the next level, both these beauties are completely customizable under the designo platform which we launched two years ago. Mercedes-Benz ‘designo’ offers a host of individualization options to choose from including exclusive paint finishes, high quality interior appointments and a variety of trims and features ‘designo’ appointments offer unmatched customization options that patrons can create for their Mercedes-Benz. Whether it is exclusive paint finishes, hand-sewn leather upholstery, trims made from fine wood or lustrous natural stone; the choice of materials and unparalleled craftsmanship from ‘designo’ brings in a unique sensuous experience, sought after by Mercedes-Benz customers.

Cost of ownership: The comprehensive Star Ease Compact package for the new AMG GT R and GT Roadster is as below:

3 years / Unlimited Mileage – INR 92,000

4 years / Unlimited Mileage – INR 160,000
Time for some pictures and a Video !!

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-img_6897.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-img_6970.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-img_6993.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-img_6996.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-img_6998.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-img_6999.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-img_70012.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-img_7006.jpg

GT Roadster Pics and video coming soon !!

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2017 at 10:56. Reason: Putting press release in quotes
mohammedismail is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 11:01   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India

Another day, another CBU launch by Mercedes . Import 1 to 3 CBUs -> press conference -> publicity -> mission accomplished.

However, what really got my attention is this:

Quote:
3 years / Unlimited Mileage – INR 92,000

4 years / Unlimited Mileage – INR 160,000
That's as cheap as a C-Class .

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2017 at 11:10.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 17:19   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

That's as cheap as a C-Class .
This was a shocker for me too. I wonder why they can't just give it free.
Old 23rd August 2017, 19:13   #4
BANNED

Here is a video and pictures of the Mercedes AMG GT Roadster !!

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-1.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-2.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-3.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-4.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-5.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-6.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-7.jpg
mohammedismail is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 19:23   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
It would go that way only. FOC. Just a part of negotiation sand bagging.
BeamerBoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 10:19   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
They say, in India, if you offer something for free, no one values it. Better to charge a small token amount. Plus, if Mercedes were to offer it for free here, they would have to for their other similarly-priced cars too.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 10:54   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Plus, if Mercedes were to offer it for free here, they would have to for their other similarly-priced cars too.
And they should! IMO, all CBU's and cars over 1cr should come with 3 years AMC included.

This trend has been around in the US for very long. High time at least the European auto companies in India start this differentiation.
JLR should be first to jump on this opportunity as their cars are perceived to be expensive to maintain.

Skoda is another one that should offer this on the Superb as that car is no longer cheaper to maintain than the luxury Germans.
Case in point- My CLA200 went in for it's first annual service yesterday. The bill was 20k. My Superb's regular service bills were 25% higher, I also verified this with a friend who sent his Superb for first annual service and he said his bill was in the region of 25-30k.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 20:06   #8
BANNED

Here is a video of India's first Mercedes AMG GT-R !!

mohammedismail is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 19:11   #9
BHPian

New 2019 Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster.

The latest addition to the Mercedes-AMG GT lineup is called the GT S Roadster and slots between the AMG GT Roadster and AMG GT C Roadster.

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-2019mercedesamggtsroadster1.jpg

It uses the same 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 to move around as the rest of the AMG GT family, only this version of the lump delivers 515 HP (522 PS / 384 kW) and 494 lb-ft (670 Nm) of torque to the ground through a seven-speed DCT.

Accelerating from 0 to 60mph (0-96km/h) takes 3.7 seconds (0-62mph/100km/h in 3.8sec), which is only 0.1 seconds slower than the GT C Roadster, and 0.2 seconds faster than the GT Roadster. Top speed increases to 192mph (309km/h), just 4mph (6km/h) shy of the range-topping open-top model.

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-2019mercedesamggtsroadster2.jpg

The new Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster’s performance is aided by a few other gizmos. The list includes the rear locking differential, sport suspension with aluminum wishbone axles, a high-performance composite braking system and a 47-53 percent front-to-rear weight distribution. Helping it keep its center of gravity low is the fabric soft-top, identical to the one used by the other two AMG GT Roadsters.

Enhancing the driving experience is the optional AMG Dynamic Plus package. It adds dynamic engine and transmission mounts, wider peak horsepower band in ‘M’ and ‘Race’ modes, improved sport suspension profile, yellow highlights in the instrument cluster and special steering wheel in Dinamica microfiber.

The AMG Chrome package is offered as standard and helps the new Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster stand out as the shiny trim is used on the front splitter, inlet grilles in the front bumper, fenders and diffuser. Said to lend more dynamism to the two-seater convertible is the AMG Exterior Carbon-Fiber package, though customers can also opt to get the AMG Exterior Night package.
Source
Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-2019mercedesamggtsroadster8.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-2019mercedesamggtsroadster9.jpg

Mercedes-AMG GT R & AMG GT Roadster launched in India-2019mercedesamggtsroadster10.jpg
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 19:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: New 2019 Mercedes-AMG GT S Roadster.

I dont know but this car does nothing for me.
Looks being a purely subjective variable, I saw one in the flesh while travelling overseas and that bulbous body turned me off big time. It does tick all the boxes of a Grand Tourer but it comes across as a very clinical automobile.
Old 13th October 2018, 00:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Susie Wolff vs. Toto Wolff in AMG GTR at Suzuka

More than AMG GTR this one is real couple goal.

Susie as a passenger is priceless. Should have continued the story after getting out of the car too. https://www.instagram.com/mercedesamgf1/ posted it few days back in their story. The interview was

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed