Team-BHP - Jaguar F-Type SVR launched at Rs. 2.45 crore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Jaguar F-Type SVR launched at Rs. 2.45 crore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/189858-jaguar-f-type-svr-launched-rs-2-45-crore.html)

Jaguar has launched the F-Type SVR in India. The car is available in coupe and convertible variants, priced at Rs. 2.45 crore and Rs. 2.63 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively.

Jaguar F-Type SVR launched at Rs. 2.45 crore-ftype-svr3.jpg

The SVR gets a bodykit with a carbon fibre spoiler, diffuser and front bumper, LED headlights and tail lights, 20-inch alloy wheels finished in satin grey, titanium exhaust and a tweaked suspension setup. The interior features SVR seats, aluminium paddle shifters and SVR branding.

Jaguar F-Type SVR launched at Rs. 2.45 crore-ftype-svr4.jpg

Under the bonnet, the car gets a 5.0-litre, supercharged V8 petrol engine that delivers 567 BHP @ 6,500 rpm and 700 Nm of torque @ 3,500 rpm. The engine is coupled to an 8-speed automatic transmission. Unlike the F-Type R which has rear-wheel drive, the SVR gets all-wheel drive with torque vectoring. Jaguar claims that the F-Type SVR coupe can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 3.7 seconds and touch a top speed of 322 km/h. The convertible has a claimed 0-100 km/h time identical to the coupe, but a lower top speed (314 km/h).

Jaguar F-Type SVR launched at Rs. 2.45 crore-ftype-svr1.jpg

Some of the standard features in the car includes a 380W Meridian audio system, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment with navigation, ABS with EBD, dynamic stability control, emergency brake assist, 6 airbags, front and rear parking sensors and rain-sensing wipers.

Link to Team-BHP News

Jaguar F-Type SVR launched at Rs. 2.45 crore-ftype-svr2.jpg

Oh Lordy! What a beautiful car! Almost as beautiful as the Aston Martin DB9 which to me is the most beautiful car in the world.

The Brits really hit it out of the park with their designs. No bling, just sheer beauty, elegance, and class.

The launch was about a month back I think and the Chennai/Coimbatore dealer has delivered the 1st and only SVR in the country to Bangalore. I hear this car has all the options checked and the on road price is circa 3.8 CR :Shockked:

How has the pricing been arrived at ? Isn't it around 130k usd , the prices look like Ferrari or Porsche territory to me and jags are definitely not there yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by howler (Post 4260205)
How has the pricing been arrived at ? Isn't it around 130k usd

Expensive, but not overpriced if you consider the taxes. Sharing this useful post by Turbanator:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4208294)
Hi,
I will try, under present scenario Car CBU are taxed with 125% Basic custom Duty plus 1% Landing charges plus 30% CVD and some additional cess of 3 and 4%.Thereafter Manufacturers invoices to Dealer on 2% CST and at time of invoice dealer charges VAT which vary from state to state at present. So for an example a car with a FOB value of $ 100000 present costs with no margins of manufacturer or dealer - just taxes will be 1,80 Cr INR including VAT

Under GST regime apart from basic custom duty of 125% rest everything including VAT will be changed to GST and rate for this is fixed at 43%. So the same car with $ 100000 will first be taxed with 125% duties plus 43% so the costs will be 2,07 Cr :Shockked:

This is due to GST being charged on complete value i.e basic rates plus 125% customs unlike present scenario where CVD gets charged only on basic rates. This is as per my understanding and I may be wrong so do clear this with your local dealer. They must have a clarity by now. Do update here as if this is correct then we can expect CBU to get even more expensive.

Quote:

the prices look like Ferrari or Porsche territory to me and jags are definitely not there yet.
Ferraris start at least 50% higher than the SVR (except the California which is now RIP). But yes, many of Porsche's sports cars are cheaper.

Which is why I thought the AMG GT R by Mercedes was priced quite alright. It starts at about $160k. If you compare that to the Jag here, that's terrific value. Even if the Merc was priced higher, I believe it to be a superior car than the Jag here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohammedismail (Post 4260105)
The launch was about a month back I think and the Chennai/Coimbatore dealer has delivered the 1st and only SVR in the country to Bangalore. I hear this car has all the options checked and the on road price is circa 3.8 CR :Shockked:

The car wasn't delivered to Bangalore. It was delivered to Salem by the Coimbatore dealer. Was on a visit to BLR.

Also, two cars were imported to India. Both Coupes, I believe. One delivered and other still on offer. The price is bonkers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ach1lles (Post 4260354)
Which is why I thought the AMG GT R by Mercedes was priced quite alright.

Anyday man, anyday :thumbs up. The F-Type SVR is a couple of tenths quicker to the 100, but that's all academic. Irrelevant in the real world. The AMG GT R just feels so much more 'exotic'. Plus, you get Mercedes' superior after-sales service & a 4 year maintenance pack at just 1.6 lakhs.

I had a word with JLR and they said there is no official announcement from the company yet for the SVR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by masteryoda83 (Post 4262657)
I had a word with JLR and they said there is no official announcement from the company yet for the SVR.

But there has been a press release with pricing, what are you talking about?