Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2017, 11:18   #1
Team-BHP Support

Lotus Evora spotted in Mumbai

A Lotus Evora has been spotted in Mumbai. Thanks to Swapnil for sharing!

Lotus Evora spotted in Mumbai-evora.png

Related Link

From the image, it appears to be an Evora 400 with a 3.5L, V6 developing 400 BHP and 410 Nm of torque.
Aditya is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 11:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
A Lotus Evora has been spotted in Mumbai. Thanks to Swapnil for sharing!

Attachment 1676341

Related Link

From the image, it appears to be an Evora 400 with a 3.5L, V6 developing 400 BHP and 410 Nm of torque.

That's one good looking car.

From what I hear it is going to share garage with the 720s in Mumbai that arrived not long ago. Also it is probably a RHD and going to be registered in MH.

Let's hope we get to see it on road very soon.

Regards,
h@r$h@l is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 12:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Lotus Evora spotted in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
That's one good looking car.

From what I hear it is going to share garage with the 720s in Mumbai that arrived not long ago. Also it is probably a RHD and going to be registered in MH.

Let's hope we get to see it on road very soon.

Regards,
Nope this wont be sharing space with the 720s in Mumbai. It will share space with a garage that already has a V12 Raging Bull, V8 Prancing Horse and American muscle cars. The owner had shown me pictures of this car before it was shipped to India.
Dippy is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 13:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

re: Lotus Evora spotted in Mumbai

Looks smashing in Orange though i prefer the Green. I've always loved the Lotus brand and their cars. Kinda like Porche - everyday supercars that don't intimidate you. To me, this person knows his cars.

Some stuff off from CarandDriver that might be of interest.
Quote:
Lotus is not Ferrari. It’s not McLaren. And it’s not Porsche. What it has in common with those companies is that it manufactures cars. Barely. Despite the well-faded glory of seven Formula 1 Constructor’s World Championships, Lotus’s struggles with solvency today are real. In the last decade it has seen three CEOs, the creation and collapse of a plan for five redesigned models, and the full-year delay of the most promising car it offers to the biggest sports-car market on earth, the United States.
Quote:
But this isn’t a supercar. It’s a Lotus. And that makes it, well, the eccentric cousin of mainstream sports cars. Even the little things are different at Lotus. So keen is the focus on maximizing resources that the seatback adjustment knob shares its repurposed shape with the fuel cap on early Esprits. Jean-Marc Gales, Lotus CEO, is sensitive enough to the company’s financial needs that he’s not afraid to admit that the Evora’s switchgear is shared with Ford and GM products. He’s also a simple pragmatist, admitting honestly that Lotus won’t offer a carbon-fiber chassis in the next 10 years. Doing so would add cost and compromise ingress and egress, according to Gales. All the same, the Evora’s plus-two rear seating is smaller, harder to access, and less useful than a Porsche 911’s.
I've love this part and think they have stuck to being true to what they want from the cars they build.
Quote:
The Evora 400 builds on the brand’s signature attribute: efficiency. And by that we don’t mean good fuel economy. We mean the same thing Tony Rudd, former Lotus engineering director, meant when he wrote his infamous 1975 memo that was glowingly approved by founder Colin Chapman. To paraphrase Rudd: The most elegantly effective solution is the one with the least number of parts, effectively deployed. They’re words that still bear fruit at Lotus today.
A few things about the car itself.
Quote:
The Evora 400—the 400 is for the horsepower produced by its Toyota-sourced supercharged and intercooled 3.5-liter V-6—is a genuinely refreshing machine. Wispy, strikingly well made, and communicative, it’s a car for people who want to be engaged deeply by what they drive—and that’s not something we say about all British sports cars.
Quote:
Like many mid-engine cars, pitch changes are evident in the Evora. Its nose jumps with every jab at the throttle and dives slightly under heavy braking—personality traits that contribute to its Lotusness. It’s alive in the same way as all other mid-engine Lotus road cars going back to the 1966 Europa, but it lacks the hyper-chipmunk nervousness of an Exige or Elise. It’s as honest about its intentions as it is quick. Even 400 horsepower is not enough to overwhelm the balanced demeanor of the chassis.
Quote:
This is probably the quickest Evora Lotus has ever built and, indeed, it’s seven seconds (that’s a lifetime, folks) quicker than was the Evora S around the company’s 2.2-mile test track. Helping the cause are a new front splitter and a three-element rear wing that together yield 71 pounds of downforce at 150 mph.
But the end isn't a ground breaking car - more for fanboys who look specifics for what Lotus or brands like it stand for i guess.
Quote:
How, then, does this Lotus measure against standard-bearers such as, say, Porsche’s 718 Cayman S or a Corvette Grand Sport, both of which will cost less than the $93,785 Evora 400? Put simply, it’s a tough sell. Lotus makes a compelling case for its do-a-lot-with-a-little strategy, but when measured against the best, it’s only occasionally better (think brakes). The competitive set surely includes the Jaguar F-type and the Alfa Romeo 4C, which also stand apart from the mainstream but have more marketing might and a larger dealer base at their backs.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 15th September 2017 at 13:32.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2017, 14:28   #5
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lotus Evora spotted in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nope this wont be sharing space with the 720s in Mumbai. It will share space with a garage that already has a V12 Raging Bull, V8 Prancing Horse and American muscle cars. The owner had shown me pictures of this car before it was shipped to India.
From what I hear, this car was a special commission and is inspired by the Tricolour.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 14:36   #6
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Source: Upaj Motors

Lotus Evora spotted in Mumbai-21557656_1528395347220643_5130755377951484258_n.jpg
Lotus Evora spotted in Mumbai-21558684_1528395340553977_9035844651762668203_n.jpg
PPS is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 22:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

The car unfortunately does not look the money especially from the front neither in photos or in real. Surely it would be lovely to drive, but does not make one crave for one.
dipen is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 14:19   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
The car unfortunately does not look the money especially from the front neither in photos or in real. Surely it would be lovely to drive, but does not make one crave for one.
+1. Especially the front looks straight from HotWheels design table. Shouldn't have done the national flag thing really. The car is going to get mud and other stuff.

I feel Lotus designers did an amazing job with the Elise. I just love the looks of that car. And afterwards they simply ran out of ideas. Even this car has design cues from the Elise in a lot of places & has come out worse. Considering the time gap since the Elise was designed, they should have had better imagination by now.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st September 2017 at 16:38. Reason: As requested.
Old 24th September 2017, 18:45   #9
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw the Evora today near Siddhivinyak today. Looks so small and compact and sounds amazing. Managed a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Lotus Evora spotted in Mumbai-psx_20170924_1837532.jpg  

v12 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks