Team-BHP - Porsche 911 GT3 launched in India at Rs. 2.31 crore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Porsche 911 GT3 launched in India at Rs. 2.31 crore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/191168-porsche-911-gt3-launched-india-rs-2-31-crore.html)

Porsche has launched the 911 GT3 (991 gen-2) in India at a price of Rs. 2.31 crore (ex-showroom, India).

Porsche 911 GT3 launched in India at Rs. 2.31 crore-pme17_0104_fine.jpg

The GT3 was unveiled at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show with a number of exterior updates. The car gets new front and rear bumpers, front splitter and a carbon-fibre rear wing. It also gets carbon fenders and bonnet and revised scoops on the engine cover.

Porsche 911 GT3 launched in India at Rs. 2.31 crore-pme17_0099_fine.jpg

On the inside as it retains the three-spoke steering wheel, 5-pod instrument cluster with the tachometer in the centre and a sloping centre console. An optional Club Sport package is being offered. This includes a roll cage, racing bucket seats made out of carbon-fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP), six-point racing harness and fire extinguisher.

Porsche 911 GT3 launched in India at Rs. 2.31 crore-pme17_0098_fine.jpg

Compared to the Carrera S, the GT3 sits 25 mm lower. It gets the same rear-axle steering which debuted on the 991 gen-1, but uses different engine mounts. The car also gets an optional axle lift system, which raises the nose of the car by 30 mm.

Porsche 911 GT3 launched in India at Rs. 2.31 crore-pme17_0096_fine.jpg

The 911 GT3 is powered by 4.0-litre, naturally-aspirated flat-6 engine which puts out 493 BHP @ 8,250 rpm and 460 Nm of torque @ 6,000 rpm. That's 25 BHP and 20 Nm more than the output of the 3.8-litre engine from the previous model. Porsche now offers a 6-speed manual gearbox as an option in addition to the 7-speed PDK dual-clutch transmission. Porsche claims that with the automatic transmission, the car can do the 0-100 km/h sprint in 3.4 seconds and touch to a top speed of 318 km/h. With the manual transmission, the claimed 0-100 km/h time is 3.9 seconds, while the top speed is 320 km/h.

Porsche 911 GT3 launched in India at Rs. 2.31 crore-pme17_0095_fine.jpg

The car rides on 20-inch, centre-locking forged alloy wheels shod with 245/35 ZR20 tyres at the front and 305/30 ZR20 tyres at the rear. While 380 mm brake rotors are standard, the Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) system is offered as an option. It employs 410 mm diameter ceramic discs in the front and 390 mm discs at the rear.

Porsche 911 GT3 launched in India at Rs. 2.31 crore-p17_0261_a4_rgb.jpg

The 911 GT3 comes with features like Porsche Stability Management (PSM), Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV), launch control, Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with Connect Plus, optional Chrono Package and Porsche Track Precision app.

Link to Team-BHP News

Is this Shivjeets car which was used for the launch?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 4284200)
Is this Shivjeets car which was used for the launch?

Yes, that's my car that they used for the launch. Will write about this soon and it's going to be worth a read for sure! :)

Ace race car driver Narayan Karthikeyan has bought himself a guards red GT3, he's taken delivery of the car in Mumbai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivjeet (Post 4307495)
Yes, that's my car that they used for the launch. Will write about this soon and it's going to be worth a read for sure! :)

Shivjeet when is the ownership report coming up. I think many are waiting including me:D

Karthikeyan with his Porsche GT3

Courtesy: carandbike.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullrevs (Post 4358221)

And looking so fit :thumbs up. It seems that the clock has stopped on his age - he looks the same as 5 years back!

More pics. This is one supercar in India that you know will be well-driven :D.
Porsche 911 GT3 launched in India at Rs. 2.31 crore-pme18_0035_fine.jpg

Porsche 911 GT3 launched in India at Rs. 2.31 crore-pme18_0037_fine.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullrevs (Post 4358221)

I think he is a Porsche fan. I did hear him mentioning it while driving other super cars during the Autocar Car of the Year test.

Rachit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra (Post 4358337)
I think he is a Porsche fan. I did hear him mentioning it while driving other super cars during the Autocar Car of the Year test.

Rachit

He most definitely is. He was gushing about the GT3 RS after driving around the Chennai circuit. He also owns a Type 997 Mark I Porsche 911 Carrera with a manual 'box.

I hope Porsche must have given him a good deal as he will act like a Brand ambassador for the brand. I am sure he must be earning well but not as much as some diamond merchants in Mumbai :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000rpm (Post 4359274)
I hope Porsche must have given him a good deal as he will act like a Brand ambassador for the brand. I am sure he must be earning well but not as much as some diamond merchants in Mumbai :P

I don't think he is earning much from racing as he is carrying lots of sponsorship money to compete, a problem many indian racers have in order for them to participate in europe. He does come from a very well-to-do family background.They are known to be a popular and a very premium family name in coimbatore. So affording a GT3 is no problem I am sure.

First GT3 in Mumbai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AubqqB5ZfzI