Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2019, 14:32   #76
BHPian

Re: 1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X

Spotted a white Model X in Mumbai, where western express highway starts, right after sea-link.
Attached Thumbnails
1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-img_20190221_105637.jpg  

1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-img_20190221_105505.jpg  

1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-img_20190221_105636.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th May 2019 at 10:16. Reason: Blanking out plates, as per the Supercar section rules. :)
skyline_r34 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 16:30   #77
BHPian

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I hope what I share provides valuable information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_r34 View Post
Spotted a white Model X in Mumbai, where western express highway starts, right after sea-link.
I spotted this Model X in a parking lot a fortnight ago. Attaching a picture.
Looked huge in person

Here are my videos of a walkaround of the white Model X from Surat and blue Model X of Mumbai.

100D:

90D:

P.S- How many Teslas are there in the country currently?
Attached Thumbnails
1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-img20190216wa0007.jpg  

Last edited by navin : 14th March 2019 at 11:59.
AKV10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 08:31   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKV10 View Post
How many Teslas are there in the country currently?
AFAIK, there are 4 in India, all of them being Model X.
Old 15th March 2019, 21:58   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
AFAIK, there are 4 in India, all of them being Model X.
I think there are a couple more. Mumbai has 2 blues (MH01 and MH12/14 reg), a white posted in the video above and if I'm not wrong, another white as well. And then there is atleast one, if not two in Delhi (or even more )
Old 17th March 2019, 21:36   #80
RGK
Senior - BHPian

1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X

Got a chance to travel in Tesla when I visited USA during last month.
1. Pick up was good with four adults
2. Everything controlled by Tab ( note )
3. All nearby cars including rear are seen in the tab
4. 300 miles of drive guaranteed if fully charged
5. Mobile App syncs with the tab and the car automatically starts when the driver buckles up
6. Car key is in the form of a visiting card
1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-imageuploadedbyteambhp1552838732.062494.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-imageuploadedbyteambhp1552838709.714071.jpg  

Last edited by RGK : 17th March 2019 at 21:53. Reason: Removing duplicate photo
RGK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 00:27   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tesla onslaught continues with another Model X getting delivered in Mumbai. Is the second Tesla in the owners family apparently.

Gotta love the presence the car has on our streets!

Pic by Viren Parikh

1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-img5921.jpg
///RMan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th May 2019, 15:09   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
The Tesla onslaught continues with another Model X getting delivered in Mumbai. Is the second Tesla in the owners family apparently.
I really doubt that it'll be the second Model X in the owners garage. AFAIK his company was struggling and it wouldn't really be a good financial decision to buy another super expensive import. Or am I wrong about who the owner is?

Here's another pic by the way

1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-img_20190518_150509.jpg
(Source: Hottest Cars in India Instagram)

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th May 2019 at 10:14. Reason: Blanking out plates, as per the Supercar section rules.
porsche_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 21:40   #83
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
I really doubt that it'll be the second Model X in the owners garage. AFAIK his company was struggling and it wouldn't really be a good financial decision to buy another super expensive import. Or am I wrong about who the owner is?

Here's another pic by the way

Attachment 1876954
(Source: Hottest Cars in India Instagram)
You are mistaken. RMan was referring to the family that owns the white Tesla, the new one is apparently their second Tesla and as far as I know, their company is far from struggling.
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 15:05   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes you're mixing up owners. This has supposedly been delivered to the White Model X owner and not to the person who had imported the first Model X of the country, whose company was in the news currently for debts etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
You are mistaken. RMan was referring to the family that owns the white Tesla, the new one is apparently their second Tesla and as far as I know, their company is far from struggling.
Perfecto! Good to see you online

Last edited by ///RMan : 28th May 2019 at 15:08.
///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 23:07   #85
BHPian

Spotted a Tesla Model X for the first time in India. Visited The Roseate and a quick search on the internet revealed that it is owned by the owners of The Roseate itself and registered in 2018.

1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-whatsapp-image-20201008-23.05.00-2.jpeg

1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-whatsapp-image-20201008-23.05.00.jpeg
Highh5 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 10:59   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I really doubt that it'll be the second Model X in the owners garage. AFAIK his company was struggling and it wouldn't really be a good financial decision to buy another super expensive import.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
whose company was in the news currently for debts etc.
Might be going a bit off track here but here are my two bits, While some of us may think of it like that, unfortunately most of these business owners care more about their lifestyle than debt. Both the initial blue Tesla X models in Mumbai are owned by people rolling in huge debt. I saw one of them(the builder) at a traffic light just yesterday and thought to myself, what a damn fool. To each their own, I hope they manage to do well and pay back their loans to afford these toys or else supercar sales in India would take a big beating
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 10:57   #87
Senior - BHPian

Tesla Model X India review Link

Putting your foot down on the ‘gas’ pedal delivers a strong burst of acceleration.
Quote:
There’s so much torque from the two motors, and importantly so much traction, the X accelerates like it weighs nothing at all. Shooting off from rest is even more special. There’s no drama and no wheel-spin, it just feels like I’m being shot forward from a bow; a muted whine from the twin Tesla motors audible in the background.
1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-smartselect_20210309105147_chrome.jpg

The Model X’s cabin is dominated by a large 17-inch screen; new Model X, however, has a horizontally aligned screen.

Quote:
The design of the dash, though sporty and decently put together, doesn’t have the luxurious build quality or material richness of something like a BMW or a Porsche. And nor is the fit and finish in the same league. Luckily, it’s the giant 17-inch screen that takes up all your attention. The touchscreen function is iPad good, satellite maps at full brightness put out lush details and high contrast, and pinch and expand as fast as you want, and the screen is quick and always with you; no lag discernible.
1st Tesla arrives in India - The Model X-smartselect_20210309105214_chrome.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 10th March 2021 at 13:24. Reason: Excess quoting and images deleted
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 17:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

Tesla Model X video review by Autocar India
Old 22nd April 2021, 19:58   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
https://Youtu.be/tOczmJSLvug
I saw them testing this car in Surat. I was driving my 1986 Premier Padmini and even overtook them once but then the Tesla just zoomed by in next few seconds. They were stopping on the same road back and forth and video recording.

Coming to the car, the Tesla Model X looks inconspicuous and almost non-recognisable under the radar like a Toyota car. Unless you're looking for it you will not recognise it. Model X is definitely one of my desirable cars but need some vitamin M. Another thing I noticed is that the ground clearance is quite low and it could hit speed bumps / high ramps if fully loaded. Lets hope Tesla does manage to do some ground clearance engineering for India for our crater roads.

Last edited by M00M : 22nd April 2021 at 20:00.
Old 22nd April 2021, 21:04   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Nice to know Tesla is finally making an entry into India and that too with their flagship product. I haven't seen the video completely but, I think he didn't cover a cool feature of the Model X which is the "Christmas Dance" the Model X does

This video is from April, 2018

I have the fortune to drive this one regularly (once every 3-4 months) whenever I am visiting Boston as it's owned by a close friend and is probably the best electric car to own (Have driven the S model too) and is loaded with gizmos and while it's not fully automated but, has some nice automated features where you can take the hand of the steering wheel and allow the car to drive on it's own

However, the best part of this car is it's brutal acceleration and if I am not wrong does 0-100kph in about 3 seconds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks