Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your choice of an ultimate luxury car brand?
Rolls Royce 166 75.11%
Bentley 37 16.74%
Maybach 18 8.14%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2018, 12:53   #31
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Ultimate Luxury Car Battle - Rolls Royce vs Bentley vs Maybach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Lamborghini is beating them in terms of sales globally as well as in India. Thats the real smart business from a company perspective.
I wouldn't agree on the 'who is smarter' point as it is contrasting business strategies.

Ferrari = Restrict supply.

Lamborghini = Make as many as we can sell.

That's why Ferraris have superior resale, and their value can actually go up with time.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 13:01   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That's why Ferraris have superior resale, and their value can actually go up with time.
I'd like to think this is valid only for their top of the line hypercar flagships, and not for regular models which constitute bulk of their production. The likes of 458 and California.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2018, 13:17   #33
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
I'd like to think this is valid only for their top of the line hypercar flagships, and not for regular models which constitute bulk of their production. The likes of 458 and California.
Not really. If you compare the prices of a used Ferrari 458 to that of say a Gallardo of about the same period, the 458 goes in for much higher than a Gallardo.
Currently, on the Indian market, 458s are trading for North of 2.6cr which isn't bad for the resale value of a car that is more than half a decade old.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 08:52   #34
BANNED

The Ultimate Luxury Car Battle - Rolls Royce vs Bentley vs Maybach

Just out of curiosity, I searched for crash testing or NCAP test results of Rolls Royce on net.
Could not find a video of crash testing.
Are they even crash tested in various markets for homologation.? Or is it name or some computer simulation accepted for testing.
norhog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 11:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by norhog View Post
Just out of curiosity, I searched for crash testing or NCAP test results of Rolls Royce on net.
Could not find a video of crash testing.
Are they even crash tested in various markets for homologation.? Or is it name or some computer simulation accepted for testing.
The NCAP organizations buy their own cars and crash them unless its a willing manufacturer which donates a car for crash testing. Obviously they can't afford to buy a Bentley or a Roller to crash test the same.
Old 11th February 2018, 13:45   #36
BANNED

What a surfeit of choices! Though, not having come any closer than sharing space in a parking lot with this trio, the choice would have to be mostly academic - what appeals to the soul!

And here there is no competition for me - its the new Bentley Continental GT, inspired by the 1953 R-type Continental, as admitted by the makers. Apart from all the marketing hyperbole & technical acronyms, what is the clincher is the fact it is AWD, with 100% power going to the rear wheels under normal driving conditions, a 0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds (putting it safely in hyper car territory) & topping out at a claimed 207 mph - "sufficient or adequate", as the Rolls staff would have said in earlier days.

To have all this while being cocooned in all the leather and burr walnut one could wish for. Now its just a matter of winning the Derby.

Last edited by shashanka : 11th February 2018 at 13:55.
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 14:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

The Ultimate Luxury Car Battle - Rolls Royce vs Bentley vs Maybach

Nothing comes close to the Rolls . Royalty. I would love to have all the three in my garage but the Sprit of Ecstacy will be the pride of the garage. Like good wine, older the better.

Edit: just realised it is my 1000th post on the forum. What a way to bring it up.: Clap:

Last edited by manson : 12th February 2018 at 15:01. Reason: Typo.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2018, 20:18   #38
BHPian

Head says Rolls.. Heart says Bentley! Voted for Bentley.

But if money wasn't a constrain I would definitely have a Range Rover SV Autobiography LWB before I buy that Bentley.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks