Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2018, 08:29   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: The terrible depreciation of my Mercedes-AMG GL63. Dealer refuses trade-in. EDIT: Alternate solu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post
Guys, with some research and assistance of the dealer, we have found a solution to one of the major reasons why the car was being sold.

... so we went just ahead by taking the risk upon ourselves and got the front two dampers installed at first.

By the way, the dealer and his team has been really kind in helping us with this conversion and we really appreciate it. We have kept all pros and cons in our mind before going ahead with this.
Wonderful news that a solution has been found for your problem - but I assume you did all the research, not the dealer, right?

I don't think the dealer did you any favours by doing what you asked from them - at no risk to themselves. Plus a neat profit on the transaction. And you lost your suspension warranty.

Compare that with what BMW did for graaja:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4425916

They upgraded the entire suspension system while still retaining warranty - and this for a car much cheaper than yours.
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 07:25   #77
BHPian

Re: The terrible depreciation of my Mercedes-AMG GL63. Dealer refuses trade-in. EDIT: Alternate solu

Really interesting to hear you could swap out the dampers from a standard GL to an AMG version. Wonder if it's the same for the E. I adore my E63S, but I do wish the ride was a little more compliant. It almost feels like my 720S has a better damped set up.
Stiggy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks