Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2018, 11:40   #16
BANNED

Re: The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)

At the rate they are acquiring cars, they will soon need a very big property just to house these beauties. Imagine a single garage with all these under one roof! That would be one hell of a sight. They will require one dedicated service person also I guess! Have to appreciate them for using these manuals in these mad traffic, given their already hectic work schedule and associated stress.
Old 1st March 2018, 12:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)

My first memory of Mammootty's car collections is from early 90's. One day we all woke up hearing a news that Mammootty's Tata Estate crashed close to my home and all of us rushed to the accident spot only to find the Tata Estate . If I remember correctly that was the fist Tata Estate sold in Kerala and accident occurred on the first day of ownership.

Here are some more photos of the Volvo station wagon

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-dqvolvo.jpg.image.784.410.jpg
The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-dqvolvo1.jpg.image.784.410.jpg
The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-dqvolvo2.jpg.image.784.410.jpg

Source
arjithin is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 14:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What's the deal with the Volvo Estate? Sentimental reasons?
GTO - Surely, of all people, you understand the appreciation for a square body Volvo T5 estate, especially with their inline-five engines and rear wheel drive.
the_trooper is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 14:48   #19
BHPian

It's indeed a proud moment for any Keralite, seeing a dedicated thread for our legend's car collection. Have spotted him multiple times in and around Kochi, behind the wheels of some of these beauties. Dulquer recently sourced a GTi also Apart from cars, Mammottty is also well known for his penchant for gadgets, especially Apple's i-Products.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 1st March 2018 at 14:54.
bhp_maniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 16:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
.....Have spotted him multiple times in and around Kochi, behind the wheels of some of these beauties. Dulquer recently sourced a GTi also ......
Yes, a black Polo GTi wearing the 369 plate as well.
Old 1st March 2018, 18:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Apart from cars, Mammottty is also well known for his penchant for gadgets, especially Apple's i-Products.
And at the other end, we have Mohanlal with his penchant and passion for antiques. Adversarial contemporaries, indeed

Back to topic, the 369 garage oozes class. Been in Cochin for over 15 months and yet to sight any of these machines.
Old 1st March 2018, 19:09   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Back to topic, the 369 garage oozes class. Been in Cochin for over 15 months and yet to sight any of these machines.
The usual cars doing rounds are LC (have been seeing this last couple of days), Cayenne, Caravan, Innova etc. Exotics are usually seen late at night. M3 was a regular sight few years back.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 22:11   #23
BHPian

Anyone with the moolah can buy big expensive cars, but some of those rides,
you gotta be a real connoisseur to own 'em.

The Supra, E46, W123, LC and the Cooper conversion have me smitten.

Respect to him!
B O V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 02:19   #24
BHPian

Whenever somebody buys a classic or do a great restoration job, I do get FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). I think many in this forum also may have this issue. I never get jealous of what celebrities posses be it luxury cars or watches or exotic vacations as I know money can buy pretty much anything. But..as the great copy says there are some things in life which just money can't buy, it needs some luck and perseverance. I know covetousness is not good quality but a recent Instagram post from Dulquer Salman made me envy him. I will attach his insta post below. I'm sure after reading his post
many may share my sentiments on his prized possession.

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-screenshot_20180302090752.png

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-screenshot_20180302090811.png

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-screenshot_20180302090802.png
rahulrajeev is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 06:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Superb coverage of tasteful cars! Now this was a scoop hardly ever published in his numerous interviews

Mammooty was known to be car enthusiast so much so that even in his films, he almost always drove his cars if ever there was a scene involving cars. I can rarely place a scene his recent movies where he was chauffered instead
Old 2nd March 2018, 08:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Superb coverage of tasteful cars! Now this was a scoop hardly ever published in his numerous interviews I can rarely place a scene his recent movies where he was chauffered instead
One particular scene that evokes memories is from the movie 'Twenty-twenty', where Mammootty is ticketed by cops speeding, and he blames it on his co-actor Babu Antony stating that it's a left-hand drive automobile.
jacobvarughese is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 14:34   #27
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
Superb coverage of tasteful cars! Now this was a scoop hardly ever published in his numerous interviews
Having a chat with DQ himself, he did mention that he likes to keep his cars as low key as possible because he doesn't want to come across like he is showing them off, which I think further reflects what sort of a petrolhead he is since he clearly does all this outta pure love and passion for cars and not to please anybody. That should be the reason why his cars are nowhere mentioned in any interview.

And as for the collection, mind-boggling is the word! The taste factor here is on a different level altogether! Waiting to see his project cars up and running. There's one particular car in the works that has my heart!
A.K is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 17:05   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Having a chat with DQ himself, he did mention that he likes to keep his cars as low key as possible because he doesn't want to come across like he is showing them off, which I think further reflects what sort of a petrolhead he is since he clearly does all this outta pure love and passion for cars and not to please anybody.
That's the reason why only some 70% of his cars are public while rest are hidden from public view. And a few will surface soon as they are quite special that it will be noticed .
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 16:04   #29
Team-BHP Support

Great thread, and a fantastic collection right there! Great mix of classic and modern cars!

Please do keep updating the thread regularly with pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Dulquer's 911 and 123 sandwiching BHPian jagxf's 991 GT3RS.
Attachment 1736246
I was under the impression that the GT3 RS belongs to BHPian mlcarrera and not jagxf?

Maybe manishasrani can help us clarify?
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 16:28   #30
BHPian

Great Thread! I have been waiting for this list since sometime now. No where in the internet I could find an updated list of their cars. I even started following DQ hoping that he will talk about his cars!

Pics of DQ's Mini after restoration from 'South Indian Movie stars and their cars' thread:

yaseenar is offline   (33) Thanks

Most Viewed