Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 08:42   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Umm I don't think that's him. From what I've seen of him, he appears to have more sense than that.
It's him, as per the voice of the guys who are recording it. They say 'hey its DQ".
Old 4th March 2021, 11:18   #392
GTM
BHPian

Re: The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)

Yup, it is DQ. Check out this post on Instagram.

The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-screenshot_20210304111440_instagram.jpg

Credits: @mhmd_jazil on Instagram
GTM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 15:59   #393
Senior - BHPian

Disappointing, if it really is him. Backing up in the fastest lane is dangerous.

Even more disappointing that the ever vigilant Kerala police chose to wave the car off - whether or not they knew who the driver was. I wonder if the hyperactive Kerala RTO / MVD will take cognisance of this and act, or whether they only crack down on young Instagrammers.

Last edited by v1p3r : 4th March 2021 at 16:02.
v1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 16:11   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakiram_m View Post
This is Kalarcode Jn. where the recently opened Aleppey Bypass meets the NH. If it's your first time, you're bound to get confused here. 2 lanes convert to a 5 lane with multiple dividers and whatnot. Fruity exhaust note for the frustration.
Quote:
Disappointing, if it really is him. Backing up in the fastest lane is dangerous.

Even more disappointing that the ever vigilant Kerala police chose to wave the car off - whether or not they knew who the driver was. I wonder if the hyperactive Kerala RTO / MVD will take cognisance of this and act, or whether they only crack down on young Instagrammers.
Please refer to post number 390 made by @janakiram_m. This was, most likely, an honest mistake.
Yusha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 16:40   #395
Senior - BHPian

Hope he comes clean with the reason. Until then its all confirmation Bias ! The proper lanes weren't congested to do this but then with so many vehicles coming in opposite direction its difficult to not know ? Since he reads TBHP, he will know this is an issue we all want to know what happened

Last edited by srishiva : 4th March 2021 at 16:42.
Old 4th March 2021, 16:43   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
Please refer to post number 390 made by @janakiram_m. This was, most likely, an honest mistake.
Right. That obviously absolves everyone involved of everything.

Ignorantia juris non excusat.
v1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 16:50   #397
BHPian

Generally a concrete Divider is used (as a common rule) when the road is "divided" for ongoing & incoming traffic. That said, most of our roads do become confusing at times. We have all made such mistakes in our lifetime, haven't we ?

While i will not support traffic violations in general. DQ shouldn't be judged based on his celebrity status. I have to appreciate DQ for quickly acknowledging the mistake and moving on to the right track instead of any starry attitude. That wins respect.

Let's move on too.
sunishsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 18:07   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Right. That obviously absolves everyone involved of everything.

Ignorantia juris non excusat.
It doesn't absolve anyone of everything. Ideally the Cop should have allowed him to drive on rather than have him reverse in the fast lane.

My comment was more to do with the fact that it was probably not a deliberate act. I know ignorance of the law does not excuse anyone and is not a tenable defense. In this scenario the cop could have fined the driver but decided not to and we will never know the reason why.
Yusha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 19:09   #399
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janakiram_m View Post
This is Kalarcode Jn. where the recently opened Aleppey Bypass meets the NH. If it's your first time, you're bound to get confused here. 2 lanes convert to a 5 lane with multiple dividers and whatnot. Fruity exhaust note for the frustration.
True. Isn’t this Kommadi Jn, the other side of the bye pass? I got confused & took the wrong lane. But it was midnight. So there was no police & traffic

Last edited by anb : 4th March 2021 at 19:14.
anb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 20:15   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusha View Post
It doesn't absolve anyone of everything.
Exactly. Everyone makes mistakes. I can't claim to know the gentleman in question (or whoever was driving the car) but from what I've seen, he's a good sort.

What does get my goat is people giving him credit for not creating a ruckus and getting on with it, and the policeman for not doing his job. The driver of the car is least at fault here - he made a mistake that any of us might have made. The dereliction of duty by the cop and our members stanning and cheering is pathetic.

Moderators, I'm aware this is very off topic on the topic of a garage, but this incident has held a mirror up to how we think.
v1p3r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 10:34   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, this is one confusing junction. When the video was recorded, few other cars also had taken the wrong lane. Guess people knew which car to record . Guess this is going OT. Let's stick to the car collection.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 10:46   #402
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Yes, this is one confusing junction. When the video was recorded, few other cars also had taken the wrong lane. Guess people knew which car to record . Guess this is going OT. Let's stick to the car collection.
Agree. Also we have had more than one member mention how they have made the same mistake at the same junction, or how easy it is to happen.

Let's move on.
benbsb29 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 12:13   #403
Senior - BHPian

To wind it all up, this should bring some closure to the matter.

In the words on the traffic warden himself..

For non-Malayalam speakers, the cop is explaining how frequently people get confused by the poorly marked roads and medians at this newly opened section of highway and that he had simply stopped the car for the traffic to clear from the other side and thanking Dulquer for realizing his slip and rejoining the right lane before continuing his journey.

So that's that, I guess.
Scorcher is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 06:19   #404
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: The incident has been discussed enough. Let's move on please. Any further posts on the incident will be deleted. Thanks for the support & understanding
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 22:12   #405
BHPian

Oldest 369 vehicle with mamooty? Don't know if it belongs to the famed actor
Attached Thumbnails
The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)-img_20210519_221035.jpg  

Nanolover is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks