Team-BHP - Chevy Corvette on display.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Chevy Corvette on display. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/1975-chevy-corvette-display.html)

Hi guys,
Yesterday I went to Bharti Automobiles, Jogeshwari to see the Cehvy Corvette Commemorative Edition. The car was amazing in a dark blue Le mans paint. *I asked the guy there to start her up. He started it and revved it hard. Oh man , what a sound. It was as loud as the 360 [cud be bcos of the enclosed area].

The worst thing was that the "Corvette" guy was acting too smart of himself. First of all he hardly knew anything abt the car. My younger bro deliberately asked him if the car had a TC. And he said "Yes, of course it has a TC. And the car produces 355 bhp". What Nonsense. The Vette does not have a TC and it produces 405 bhp [the normal C5 produces 350 bhp]. Also he was sayin that this is the latest Vette. When I told him that the latest Vette [the C6] doesnt have pop-ups, he started saying that this one is a C5.5. Whereas there is no C5.5. Theres only the C5 and the C6. Nothin in-between. Also after revving the car he took us to the back of the car and showed us the exhaust pipe. There were water droplets on the exhaust tip. And he was sayin that the car has a very "healthy" engine. What "healthy" engine??? Most of cars with cat-cons have water droplets on their exhaust tips.

Now thats hilarious and frustrating. V12, you have just been yet another victim of the ill-informed, ignorant yet confident Indian car salesman.

I was over at the Honda showroom (during the good old Vtec days), and asked the guy what the difference was between a vtec and a regular engine. He was dumbstruck (and we are talking Ichibaan Honda). He called his manager who was equally ignorant. How da hell are you going to sell the same looking car for one lac more if you cannot explain its advantages.

I think that its about time that manufacturers and dealers pulled up their socks, and spent some time on training their employees...atleast the ones that meet with the customer. After all that advertising and brand-building, it all comes down to how that single customer service exec handles and carries his interaction with the customer.

Good write-up about the Corvette. I would have run down to see it, but have really seen and sat in a whole load of the C5's in the States.

GTO

Hahaha

I can only sympathize with you V12 . I remember way long back I had gone to National Garage to see the Contessa and when I asked the guy if it had power steering he asks " Power steering?? Whats that?"

Damn ignorant fools

Dippy

so what ever happened to this vette??

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv2drv (Post 586390)
so what ever happened to this vette??

went back to the us i think.

this must have been the same car that was standing at national garage too on display. it was a convertible and i had gone to see it. the guy there too did not know anything about it. when i asked him to pop the hood and show me the engine he told me the hood was open (top was down). i had to point at the bonnet and the guy said he did not know how to open it. so i had to do it for him.

Since this thread is related to corvette..heres a contribution from my end.

californiaknight this is one of my favourite corvettes. the sting ray. there is one in bombay and i absolutely adore it.
there are also two 57(ex bombay car now in delhi and elsewhere) and one 65/67(bombay) corvettes.

Yup the stingray is one one of my favs as well, but the one above is for sale BTW!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight (Post 587241)
Yup the stingray is one one of my favs as well, but the one above is for sale BTW!!

this car is not from india.

This is surely not the original Sting Ray.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 21843)
I can only sympathize with you V12 . I remember way long back I had gone to National Garage to see the Contessa and when I asked the guy if it had power steering he asks " Power steering?? Whats that?"

Beat this!

When the Verna was launched, we went to the showroom to see it. While seeing the verna, asked the sales guy about the Sonata Embera (which was new that time, and not in showroom there).

The guy replied that it had a top- speed close to 300 kmph! :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercars (Post 589339)
This is surely not the original Sting Ray.

this is an original stingray but with a body kit. it also has a moddified hood scoop.

HAHAHAHAHA....Nice story guys. you surely know how to take some ones case....I guess its the same car that belongs to the owner of a south mumbai swanky eatery. It was referd to me for my consideration too. not gone to see it yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent4ferrari (Post 592499)
I guess its the same car that belongs to the owner of a south mumbai swanky eatery. It was referd to me for my consideration too. not gone to see it yet.

both cars are different. the car posted is not from india. the owner of the eatery has a silver stock stingray. the car is not in any great shape. have a look at it and you will notice it too. he also has a 84 or a 86 pontiac trans am in red. have not seen the car in ages. the corvette and the taj never got along.:D