Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:48   #46
BANNED

post pics of the 348 and the testarossa. i saw a ferrari old one in town as well on hughes road. it actually flew over when it was climbing up the bridge. was a fun sight. though not sure what it was. show me pics and i can say what i saw. pics can be from internet as well no issues
Old 3rd June 2008, 03:04   #47
Senior - BHPian

Pictures you say? Of a Testarossa? Or a 512 M?

Well, I saw both over this weekend, side by side, here are the pics.

The yellow one is a 512M, the other one a testarossa. the chap in yellow tee owns the 512M and was proudly saying that his is the 75th of the 75 cars that came to US. Notice the subtle differences in headlight, grille etc.

But frankly, the interiors of most Ferraris(at least the older ones) were a letdown. Well, maybe Ferrari is not about comfort, but for the price, they could provide better. Another chap was saying that Ferrari charge 16k$ for opting for stripes on his F430...The best part is, they didnt even confirm that it will be done, he knew it only when he saw the car !
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari Testarossa spotted Bandra Flyover-2-testarossas.jpg  

Last edited by kuttapan : 3rd June 2008 at 03:08.
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:05   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Pictures you say? Of a Testarossa? Or a 512 M?

Well, I saw both over this weekend, side by side, here are the pics.

The yellow one is a 512M, the other one a testarossa. the chap in yellow tee owns the 512M and was proudly saying that his is the 75th of the 75 cars that came to US. Notice the subtle differences in headlight, grille etc.

But frankly, the interiors of most Ferraris(at least the older ones) were a letdown. Well, maybe Ferrari is not about comfort, but for the price, they could provide better. Another chap was saying that Ferrari charge 16k$ for opting for stripes on his F430...The best part is, they didnt even confirm that it will be done, he knew it only when he saw the car !
i have seen something on the right in red and definately not the yellow one. more pics so i can identify better. i dint even know so many ferraris existed on earth
Old 4th June 2008, 02:44   #49
Senior - BHPian

The 512M looks absolutely hideous compared to the original Testarossa. Too many mixed styling cues from later Ferraris, ruins the lovely lines of the original 512.
Old 7th June 2008, 19:05   #50
BHPian

Hi guys
i can confirm the Dino, and the 348, but no testa rossa in mumbai for sure. The car you've seen is a 348 which belongs to ness wadia. Its quite similar and looks similar from a distance as it has the side strakes too, just like aTR.
Old 7th June 2008, 19:20   #51
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Although there are no pics of the Testarossa, the possibility of one existing cannot be ruled out. It may be that the car has now been confined to the 4 walls of someones garage... just like the Lotus Esprit Turbo. Who ever knew that an Aston Martin existed in Mumbai till the pics came up.
Old 7th June 2008, 19:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post
Hi guys
i can confirm the Dino, and the 348, but no testa rossa in mumbai for sure. The car you've seen is a 348 which belongs to ness wadia. Its quite similar and looks similar from a distance as it has the side strakes too, just like aTR.
Sure you can. Lots of us read Autocar. And the side profile on the 348 and the Testarossa are as similar to each other as night and day. Atleast to a Ferrari nut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Although there are no pics of the Testarossa, the possibility of one existing cannot be ruled out. It may be that the car has now been confined to the 4 walls of someones garage... just like the Lotus Esprit Turbo. Who ever knew that an Aston Martin existed in Mumbai till the pics came up.
Thanks V12. I know it's difficult to believe something when there isn't a picture. But till I joined t-BHP I knew squat of a Diablo in Mumbai !! The same way, I'm sure the Testarossa existed but wasn't driven much. Because I saw one.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 7th June 2008 at 19:37.
Old 8th June 2008, 04:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

More pics of the testarossa. I have to admit, it looks much better and original when compared to the 512M.

Now for a 'full frontal' of the 512M.
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari Testarossa spotted Bandra Flyover-testarossa.jpg  

Ferrari Testarossa spotted Bandra Flyover-testarossa2.jpg  

Ferrari Testarossa spotted Bandra Flyover-512m.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th June 2008 at 11:31. Reason: merged
Old 8th June 2008, 12:12   #54
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Testaross looks more like the 348 whereas the 512M looks more like the 355 from the front.
Old 9th June 2008, 11:49   #55
Team-BHP Support

Hi Sudarshan,

Quote:
Hi guys
i can confirm the Dino, and the 348, but no testa rossa in mumbai for sure.
Just because you have not seen it does not mean that it does (did) not exist!

Quote:
The car you've seen is a 348 which belongs to ness wadia. Its quite similar and looks similar from a distance as it has the side strakes too, just like aTR.
Ive seen the 348s and i have seen the testarossa in bombay.

I think most of the people who have reported their first-hand sightings in this thread know their cars (or atleast the testarossa) well enough.

cya
R
Old 9th June 2008, 12:59   #56
Team-BHP Support

If someone remembers, one bhpian had posted about an old aging neglected Ferrari at some high profile workshop (Navnit?). Was that anything related to the car we're talking about?

manson.
Old 9th June 2008, 13:05   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
If someone remembers, one bhpian had posted about an old aging neglected Ferrari at some high profile workshop (Navnit?). Was that anything related to the car we're talking about?

manson.
I don't think so, cause that was a 308 or a 328 and was later restored by the owner.
Old 9th June 2008, 13:23   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

manson.
Nope,

That was this > http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...n-ferrari.html

cya
R
Old 9th June 2008, 21:18   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys

Sudarshan

We know about the Dino and thanks for the info on Wadia's 348 but thats one car we have seen zillions of times. Agreed it shares the same side strakes as the TR but there is a huge difference in the size of the two cars.

There indeed was a Testarossa in Mumbai earlier though it may not be there now. I even know and seen the building where it was parked in South Mumbai. Just like one might say there was no Diablo either but there was. It isnt there now. The TR case is the same
Old 15th June 2008, 10:10   #60
BANNED

Ferrari Dino in Bangalore

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned about the Classic Ferrari Dino that came into India and was shipped back. That is not true, as I actually owned that Ferrari 1972 Dino red coupe. I sold it to a family in Bangalore and it is still there. I go to see it regularly too. The story of it having gone back, was spun by a prominent Vintage & Classic car collector in Bangalore, who wanted to take it from me by force, but failed. He spund the story that he had bought it and it had been confiscated, and sent back. The car very much alive and kicking in Koramangala, Bangalore. So......thought you guys should know. There was a picture of it in Autocar a few years ago, when they featured Ferraris in India.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2008 at 23:10. Reason: Owner's identity has been removed as per Team-BHP rules.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks