Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2007, 20:03   #16
BHPian

................for all those who said it wasn't wide as bus!...reconsider!!

Old 2nd September 2007, 20:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablywacky View Post

it still does not prove it is as wide as a bus .
Old 2nd September 2007, 20:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Noway its wider than a bus! Even the Rolls Royce Phantom is wider than a Testarossa.

Phantom - 1990 mm wide
Testarossa - 1976 mm wide
Bus (Ashok Leyland - Lynx BS II) - 2500 mm wide

But like awini said -
Quote:
when i said about as wide as a bus, i didnt mean it litrally, a testarossa has a mid mounted flat 12,which is a much longer and wider engine both the 360 as well as the 430 have narrower and shorter v engines,
Old 2nd September 2007, 21:08   #19
BHPian

The Spyker deal is a publicity stunt. I know this deal on a very very personal level. Not today, but from jun-jul! Yes he is now involved with it... but BOUGHT!?! its all agame that was finalised in South of France this summer. The spyker team has political problems with the f1 org. VJM, is the new blue eyed boy for f1... (as a new sponsor, promoter of f1 India).
do you need me to spell out the rest??? 80 mil for an f1 team???? get me more teams at that price and i'll sell a dozen!
Old 2nd September 2007, 21:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

liv2drv spyker is not a big budget team the total deal as quoted is worth 90 million euros about 500 crores. it is also in partnership with the dutch based MOL family. the MOL family owns a significant stake in spyker cars and maybe that also helped. since spyker is a back runner it would be cheaper than a front running teams. i dont think it is a game or something being used to personal advertisement benifiets by VJM.he might be the new blue eyed boy of f1 but he would not use his name or brand image for a publicity stunt. the guy is way too smart for that.
Old 2nd September 2007, 22:14   #21
BHPian

my man... He is very smart. that is why his whole entire life is one big publicity stunt! anyway, this isn't the forum to talk about such matters. as for the spyker deal... i know him, and the deal quite well. If you still wish to disagree; its a free world!
Old 2nd September 2007, 22:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Noway its wider than a bus! Even the Rolls Royce Phantom is wider than a Testarossa.

Phantom - 1990 mm wide
Testarossa - 1976 mm wide
Bus (Ashok Leyland - Lynx BS II) - 2500 mm wide
actually thought i was was serious! and quoted statistics!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd September 2007 at 22:26. Reason: Text removed. Stay away from comments like that please.
comfortablywacky is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd September 2007, 22:36   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
(dont you think if someone had enough money to say...buy an F1 team, they wouldnt mind paying that 162%, or alternatively if they had residences elsewhere do some kinda of carnet deal for a short while)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
buddy, i checked with two custom houses, no 512's! then i spoke to one of the only ferrari mechs who comes to India from London. Verdi Ferrari... Karl. He also said there is no Ferrari 512. So i guess this ferrari 512 runs on fresh air and smiles! Even auto cars issue on ferrari's in india NEVER COVERED IT. There was one Dino... and think that was the best clasic ferrari in India. But now it has been shipped out. And No indian has bought an F1 TEAM! yes two indian companies are SMALL sponsors for the team. but not OWNERS! Dr. V.J.M own a 512 in america... but not india!
Liv2drv,

I never said anyone bought an F1 team. I just said if they had enough money to...

If you trust two custom houses to paint the perfect picture of every car thats ever been in India, then i am suprised.

As for the Ferrari mechanic, why would he need to know about the car if it was only here for a month or two. (Please dont reply saying because ferraris need a lot of attention )

Autocar's article was nice, but in no way did it claim to be an exhaustive list.

All i want to say is that :

If one (hopefully trustable) person says "I have seen a 512 at walkeshwar".
And 500 people say "I have NEVER seen a 512 at walkeshwar"

Does that mean there was a 512 at walkeshwar or not ? Think about it.

I personally have no idea about who it belongs to, how it got here, how long it is/was here for. All those details i have just insinuated based on the other info i have heard and read here, and i have never stated things like that as facts.
The only fact is that i have seen it.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd September 2007 at 22:37.
Old 2nd September 2007, 22:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
actually thought i was was serious! and quoted statistics!!
Never thought you were joking as this is not the "Official Joke thread". You asked us to reconsider and I did just that. Thought I should back up my perspective with some real statistics and help you in changing your view.
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:35   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
there is no testarossa in India!... the duty on used cars is a 162%.
I was going through some old threads and this is what I found, there is one more fellow bhpian who has seen a Testarossa here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...html#post53768
Old 2nd September 2007, 23:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
it still does not prove it is as wide as a bus .
come to think of it... it just might be wider than the mini buses that run around delhi, called RTV and mahindra hari bhari....

when you sit that low in a car that wide, it would feel as wide as a bus to drive, the phantom is a very tall car, and the driver's field of vision is far superior to that of a sports car. even the McLaren F1 (the road car)is much narrower than a testarossa.
i have sat in a jaguar xj 220 (not driven or even taken on a ride) and the view outside feels really strange, at current prices its a bargain supercar that would really get you attention, but i hated it. now that car is really as wide as a bus, anyone know how much wider it is than a TR? it feels over a foot wider...horrible car for the road, unless you own the road....
Old 3rd September 2007, 00:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
come to think of it... it just might be wider than the mini buses that run around delhi, called RTV and mahindra hari bhari....

when you sit that low in a car that wide, it would feel as wide as a bus to drive, the phantom is a very tall car, and the driver's field of vision is far superior to that of a sports car. even the McLaren F1 (the road car)is much narrower than a testarossa.
i have sat in a jaguar xj 220 (not driven or even taken on a ride) and the view outside feels really strange, at current prices its a bargain supercar that would really get you attention, but i hated it. now that car is really as wide as a bus, anyone know how much wider it is than a TR? it feels over a foot wider...horrible car for the road, unless you own the road....
awini i was pulling comfortably wacky's leg. he only put pictures of the car not compareing it with a bus (no bus with testarossaside by side pictures ).
yes i understand your point i had hired a 512tr and a 355 spyder when i was studying abroad so i know how it feels from the inside. wide and low as hell. it definately is wider than the RTV buses here in delhi and i can vouch for that.
the mcleren is narrower and the xj220 is wider the veryon feels the same size as the 512tr. sat in these cars in dubai.
Old 3rd September 2007, 00:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

rehaan i back you completely i have seen the testarossa a few years ago with VJM at the wheel and sidhartha sitting besides him. the car had dissapeared and i had found out the car had gone back it was here on carnet. the recent sightings of the car could only mean that either the car has returned or a new one has been brought in.
liv2drv i know VJM too but that does not mean he asks or consults me before makeing his decisions.
lets not take things personally till we get official picture confirmations of the same. thanks
Old 4th September 2007, 15:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
there is a 348(hope i got the model right) in bombay and i have heard of a testarossa being there too but never seen it.
Quote:
rehaan i back you completely i have seen the testarossa a few years ago with VJM at the wheel and sidhartha sitting besides him.
Hey speedy on 1st September you say that you have just heard about the Testarossa but never seen it and on 3rd September you say that you have seen it few years ago with VJM at the wheels. I am getting confused!!
I don't think someone will forget spotting a Testarossa on Indian roads.
Old 4th September 2007, 16:09   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
Hey speedy on 1st September you say that you have just heard about the Testarossa but never seen it and on 3rd September you say that you have seen it few years ago with VJM at the wheels. I am getting confused!!
I don't think someone will forget spotting a Testarossa on Indian roads.
in the first post he says he has heard about the testarossa in bombay. when he said he saw VJM in it, it dosent have to mean he saw it in bombay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks