Team-BHP - Ferrari Testarossa spotted Bandra Flyover
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Ferrari Testarossa spotted Bandra Flyover (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/1978-ferrari-testarossa-spotted-bandra-flyover.html)

Hey guys

Friend of mine had the luck of having a Testarossa driving up next to him on the Bandra flyover day before yesterday at midnight. huge car extremely wide and had a Delhi reg plate. Going by V12s funda I name that flyover Testarossa pool or flyover hehehehe

Cheers

Awesome, atleast some part of that exotic was from delhi, even if it had to be the registration

but thats nice..I really like the testarossa..btw how much is the used car duty in india?? just wanted to figure out how much would one have to pay for a testarossa in india..

cuz i thikn you get the testarossa for like 50-60K(for 1990-91) or something..so shouldnt be more than 75 lakhs or something in india?? what do you say?

L8r

there is no testarossa in India!... the duty on used cars is a 162%.

must be a 308/328.. i will need to see the pics to believe a testarossa came to india, though im told that a mondial did. iv seen a testarossa and its about as wide as a bus, not the ideal ferrari for bombay ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by awini (Post 550833)
must be a 308/328.. i will need to see the pics to believe a testarossa came to india, though im told that a mondial did. iv seen a testarossa and its about as wide as a bus, not the ideal ferrari for bombay ...

there is a 348(hope i got the model right) in bombay and i have heard of a testarossa being there too but never seen it. sometimes the 348 gets mistaken for the testarossa.
awini the testarossa is not as wide as a bus it must be as wide as the 360 or the f430. the mondial was standing with me 4 for quite a while so that car sure is there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by awini (Post 550833)

there is a testarossa in ombay and its quite old..ive seen it wen i was young

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 550845)
there is a 348(hope i got the model right) in bombay and i have heard of a testarossa being there too but never seen it. sometimes the 348 gets mistaken for the testarossa.
awini the testarossa is not as wide as a bus it must be as wide as the 360 or the f430. the mondial was standing with me 4 for quite a while so that car sure is there.

when i said about as wide as a bus, i didnt mean it litrally, a testarossa has a mid mounted flat 12,which is a much longer and wider engine both the 360 as well as the 430 have narrower and shorter v engines, considering its wide wheels and cooling intakes,a testarossa should be about 3 inches wider than those two at the flanks, if not more. of course its nowhere nearly as wide as the widest road car i have seen, a jaguar xj220, which is sheer madness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYRUS43 (Post 550876)

well those who know cars, cant mistake a testarossa, it was on all our walls....(with the countach and the bmw m1 in my case)
if there really is a testarossa in india, then "wow"

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYRUS43 (Post 550876)

just saw your profile.. you were born in 1988!! what do you mean WHEN you were young?????!!!!! bloody hell, i joined college before you started preschool!!! do you want us guys to feel bad about our age or something???lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by awini (Post 550889)
when i said about as wide as a bus, i didnt mean it litrally, a testarossa has a mid mounted flat 12,which is a much longer and wider engine both the 360 as well as the 430 have narrower and shorter v engines, considering its wide wheels and cooling intakes,a testarossa should be about 3 inches wider than those two at the flanks, if not more. of course its nowhere nearly as wide as the widest road car i have seen, a jaguar xj220, which is sheer madness.

stupid: yes have to agree it is a bit wider than the 360 and the 430. how could i forget the posters on the wall, that was a dream for most of us to own one day sigh...
the jaguar xj220 is far wider than the testarossa and even the marcillago i feel.
i hope we do get pictures of the car, cause like i said earlier the 348 gets mistaken to be a testarossa. dont deny that the car might be there but no official confirmation(pictures).

One who knows his Ferraris cannot mistake a 348 for a Testarossa. I have seen 3 different 348s in Mumbai. The Testarossa has also been seen by Rehaan in his locality in town.

Its a 512TR to be exact. Rehaan where art thou?

Quote:

Originally Posted by awini (Post 550896)
just saw your profile.. you were born in 1988!! what do you mean WHEN you were young?????!!!!! bloody hell, i joined college before you started preschool!!! do you want us guys to feel bad about our age or something???lol:

no..lol: ..my dad used to rally...and there used to be these after rally parties which he used to take me along to..they used to be at swadi automobiles in nana ckowk.so once there was a testarossa,a corvette and a 911...i still clearly remember the exhaust note..and i got a round in the testa and corvette...

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv2drv
there is no testarossa in India!...

And you can make such a solid statement because ? :p
(dont you think if someone had enough money to say...buy an F1 team, they wouldnt mind paying that 162%, or alternatively if they had residences elsewhere do some kinda of carnet deal for a short while)

Check out these other threads too

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...dder-road.html

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...estarossa.html

And lastly, i should mention that i have seen the car on the road at walkeshwar a few years back, and then later on altamount road. (and yes...as wide as a bus!)

cya
R

ps - this reminds me of the first time i saw a the 355 in bombay about 6-7(?) years back.
I told my friend "Theres a 355 in bombay!!"
He said " A ferrari 355?"
Me "Yes, it sounds AWEOSOME"
Him "Ferrari F355? Hahahaha.... yeah right. Ill chop my ______ off if there is"

Luckily i dont follow through on these things.

buddy, i checked with two custom houses, no 512's! then i spoke to one of the only ferrari mechs who comes to India from London. Verdi Ferrari... Karl. He also said there is no Ferrari 512. So i guess this ferrari 512 runs on fresh air and smiles! Even auto cars issue on ferrari's in india NEVER COVERED IT. There was one Dino... and think that was the best clasic ferrari in India. But now it has been shipped out. And No indian has bought an F1 TEAM! yes two indian companies are SMALL sponsors for the team. but not OWNERS! Dr. V.J.M own a 512 in america... but not india!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 550947)
One who knows his Ferraris cannot mistake a 348 for a Testarossa. I have seen 3 different 348s in Mumbai. The Testarossa has also been seen by Rehaan in his locality in town.

Its a 512TR to be exact. Rehaan where art thou?

dippy i am not doubting your knowledge on the ferrari's if you quite remember on the thread provided below i had mentioned about the 512tr(testarossa). have to confirm if the car has returned.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...tml#post524315

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv2drv (Post 551068)
buddy, i checked with two custom houses, no 512's! then i spoke to one of the only ferrari mechs who comes to India from London. Verdi Ferrari... Karl. He also said there is no Ferrari 512. So i guess this ferrari 512 runs on fresh air and smiles! Even auto cars issue on ferrari's in india NEVER COVERED IT. There was one Dino... and think that was the best clasic ferrari in India. But now it has been shipped out. And No indian has bought an F1 TEAM! yes two indian companies are SMALL sponsors for the team. but not OWNERS! Dr. V.J.M own a 512 in america... but not india!

liv2drv i beg to differ. if it is the 512tr(V.J.M.) i am talking about it will carry no records in india as it would be on carnet. the car is bought abroad and kept there but like it was brought down before it could have been brought down again. not all ferrari's are tuned by the mech i can point two such cars to u so he would not have a records for them, this might just be the third. autocar does not have a complete and precise record of all the ferrari's in india as some of the owners like to keep their cars private. so those cars would not be known off.
i know of one dino which is still in bombay the car is yellow in colour and i have seen it myself. this car has not been shipped off anywhere. so that made it two dino's(one shipped off and the other still there) in india, might be wrong at this too if another one pops up somewhere in the country.
if you read the front page of the sunday times you will know about spyker teams take over.
P.S.- a m550 is used down south on taxi plates.