Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2018, 09:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore

Porsche is preparing to launch the third-generation Cayenne later this month. The first car of the lot has landed in India.

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore-new-porsche-cayenne-v6-3.jpg

This particular Cayenne has full-LED headlights and LED DRLs as well as a sunroof. The SUV is finished in white and is riding on 5-spoke alloy wheels. It does not have the radar-based safety systems that are offered on higher variants. This indicates that it could be the base variant powered by a 3.0-litre, V6 petrol engine that makes 335 BHP and 450 Nm of torque. It gets features like Porsche Traction Management, Porsche Stability Management, ABS, automatic braking differential (ABD) and drive slip control (ASR) among others.

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore-new-porsche-cayenne-v6-2.jpg

Porsche has already opened bookings for the Cayenne Turbo, which is priced at Rs. 1.92 crore. The booking amount has been set at Rs. 5 lakh and deliveries are expected to commence this month. The Cayenne Turbo uses a 4.0-litre, twin-turbo V8 engine that develops 542 BHP and 770 Nm of torque and is paired with an 8-speed automatic transmission.

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore-new-porsche-cayenne-v6-1.jpg

Porsche is also planning to launch the Cayenne E-Hybrid in India, which is expected arrive in September 2018.

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore-new-porsche-cayenne-v6-4.jpg
3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore-new-porsche-cayenne-v6-5.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 10:26   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: 3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Porsche is preparing to launch the third-generation Cayenne later this month. The first car of the lot has landed in India.
Never thought I'd say this, but I love the new Cayenne's styling. Very clean. Especially like that tight rear. This one doesn't get a diesel, right? If so, it's going to be a very marginal player in the segment (more than it already was).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 11:03   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Never thought I'd say this, but I love the new Cayenne's styling. Very clean. Especially like that tight rear.
I am surprised you like it, its really not your usual style

As usual Porsche plays it extra safe with their styling, the front end is really not much different. I am glad though that this new rear styling that started from the Panamera is coming into the Cayanne too. It does look great, however you can't help but notice how similar it is to the Velar's rear lights.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 13:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore

Porsche has launched the third-generation Cayenne in India. The SUV is available in three variants - base, E-Hybrid and Turbo, priced at Rs. 1,19,36,000, Rs. 1,58,06,000 and Rs. 1,92,10,000 respectively.

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore-cayenne1.jpg

The new Cayenne is based on the MLB platform, which is shared with the Audi Q7 and the Lamborghini Urus. The SUV measures 4,926 mm in length, 1,983 mm in width and 1,673 mm in height with a wheelbase of 2,895 mm. It is lighter than its predecessor by 65 kg.

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore-cayenne6.jpg

In terms of styling, the third-generation Cayenne gets a wide grille at the front and re-profiled headlamp clusters with 4 LED positioning lights. At the rear, it gets a new set of LED tail light clusters and an LED light bar that runs across the width of the car. The SUV has a tailgate with an integrated spoiler and quad-exhausts.

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore-cayenne3.jpg

Moving to the interior, the new Cayenne comes with a redesigned dashboard featuring a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a revised centre console. It has a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel and a 4-pod instrument cluster.

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore-cayenne4.jpg

The base Cayenne and E-Hybrid models are powered by a 3.0-litre, V6 petrol engine that produces 335 BHP @ 5,300-6,400 rpm and 450 Nm of torque @ 1,340-5,300 rpm. The E-Hybrid model comes with an electric motor that takes the combined output to 456 BHP and 700 Nm and can drive in all-electric mode for 44 km at speeds up to 135 km/h. The Cayenne Turbo is powered by a 4.0-litre, V8 petrol engine that delivers 542 BHP @ 5,750-6,000 rpm and 770 Nm of torque @ 1,960-4,500 rpm. All three variants come with an 8-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore-cayenne5.jpg

The new Cayenne comes with features like Porsche Traction Management (PTM), Porsche Stability Management (PSM), Automatic Brake Differential (ABD), Anti-Slip Regulation (ASR), rear axle steering and air-suspension. The Sports Chrono Package is standard on the E-Hybrid, while a sports exhaust is optional.

3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore-cayenne2.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 13:49   #5

Re: 3rd-gen Porsche Cayenne launched at Rs. 1.19 crore

Got a chance to drive an uncle's cayenne Turbo, first cayenne turbo to be delivered in India I heard !! Absolute beast of a car, its like a fighter jet actually! Tap of the accelerator was pushing it past 100 kmph !

Its very easy and nimble to drive and was holding corners very well. The Cayenne Turbo looked fantastic in its black colour ! The sports mode made it hold on to the second gear at speeds of 60 KMPH where as in the regular drive mode it was cruising in 6th gear !

I drove the Mercedes AMG GLS a few months back but it is quite bulky and not very corner craving like the turbo.That's the only other car I drove which had such a ferocious acceleration !

The Turbo came with red interiors and it was very exotic ! The car had heated seats but I turned off this feature quite quickly as it was meaningless in the city I live!

At 2.7 cr on road it might not find too many buyers but its a car for those who don't count their pennies ! This car is priceless and probably the best car I'd ever drive in my life !
aseemjuneja86 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 17:34   #6
BHPian

Fellow BHPians -- Need some assistance here. My good friend is contemplating to buy Porsche Cayenne the entry-level variant and got a quote of 1.77 Cr all inclusive (with some exterior accessories) OTR. However, when he spoke to me on the quote and the other details, I was concerned at the investment given my reservation on the car after sales support. Of course, the SUV looks stunning and a real pleasure to drive. Moreover, the fact that it is 3.0-liter V6 petrol makes it a driver's delight.

Below are my concerns; I'd be thankful for any guidance that can help us make a decision.

1) Porsche does not have a dealership in Hyderabad; they have service support, which is a part of Volkswagen service center here at Hyderabad.
2) Porsche dealership is only available in Kochi and Bangalore. The car is being bought from Bangalore on order. Which doubles my concern on after sales support? As per the salesperson, Porsche is closing their dealership in Mumbai and Delhi (Surprisingly.) and they have a stock of 60 Cayenne they are looking to sell off -- Can this be a stock clearance exercise? The only online presence I see is a page here https://www.porsche.com/middle-east/india/
3) There are no Service Packages (Extended warranty is available) on offer. Moreover, from what I have read through forums and video reviews, the Cayenne is pretty expensive to maintain. However, Porsche salesperson claims that it is still cheaper than Rangerover Sport.
4) I did some negotiation on the price, and I was told that Porsche does not do discounts as it is a premium performance vehicles. Is this true?
5) The salesperson claims that Porsche is going to expand its dealership in India, which to me does not sound happening since Porsche is going all petrol. Also, Cayenne itself comes with a claimed mileage of 8.5 Kmpl. In the real world, it is going to be either 6-7 Kmpl.
6) I did a quick search on used Cayenne, and I found it has a poor resale value. Though the intention is not to sell the car at least for ten years or so, however, what if we end up buying a white elephant in the first place which is very expensive to maintain. Not to mention of very limited after sales support.

Last edited by ajmat : 28th May 2019 at 21:01. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 28th May 2019, 18:03   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGopkrsna View Post
good friend is contemplating to buy Porsche Cayenne the entry-level variant and got a quote of 1.77 Cr all inclusive (with some exterior accessories) OTR. However I was concerned at the investment given my reservation on the car after sales support.
Porsche does not have a dealership in Hyderabad
You have valid concerns. Cars can never (mostly) be bought as Investments, these are more like the fulfilment of wishes, especially in this segment. Porsche dealers will seldom give rebates and even the basic things cost a lot so the price you have mentioned is possible.

Quote:
As per the salesperson, Porsche is closing their dealership in Mumbai and Delhi (Surprisingly.) and they have a stock of 60 Cayenne they are looking to sell off -- Can this be a stock clearance exercise?
I don't think this is correct, They have recently appointed a new dealer in Gurgaon/ NCR (Last year actually) & the new Cayennes are mostly on order basis. Given the number of options available, many order to their individual requirements. When they had a model change, even then they would not have 60 cars on their stocks. Mumbai dealer is doing good from what I hear.

Quote:
There are no Service Packages (Extended warranty is available) on offer. Moreover, from what I have read through forums and video reviews, the Cayenne is pretty expensive to maintain. However, Porsche salesperson claims that it is still cheaper than Rangerover Sport.
Yes, they don't have service packages, but from what I have experienced from other Porsche owners, service costs are not very high.

Quote:
I did some negotiation on the price, and I was told that Porsche does not do discounts as it is a premium performance vehicles. Is this true?
Yes, mostly not. But if the sales guy is saying that Delhi/ Mumbai are getting closed then no harm in checking with both dealerships. Chances are Hyderabad is open territory for everyone, so you can try with Delhi/ Ahmedabad/ Mumbai. They do pass discounts on the cars they carry on stocks, especially in Gujarat/ Delhi.

Quote:
Cayenne itself comes with a claimed mileage of 8.5 Kmpl. In the real world, it is going to be either 6-7 Kmpl.
My Petrol Innova return 8-10 Kmpl so 6-7 should be perfect

Quote:
I did a quick search on used Cayenne, and I found it has a poor resale value.
Cayenne competes with X5/ GLE overseas or demands small premium. But here in India due to duties, It costs more than 50% or more of the competition. This gets reflected in the re-sales.

Crux, buy Cayenne if he likes the Porsche and does not have to worry about the finances. Logical thinking is not going to help in this case.

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th May 2019 at 18:08.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 18:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGopkrsna View Post
Fellow BHPians -- Need some assistance here. My good friend is contemplating to buy Porsche Cayenne the entry-level variant and got a quote of 1.77 Cr all inclusive
5) The salesperson claims that Porsche is going to expand its dealership in India, which to me does not sound happening since Porsche is going all petrol. Also, Cayenne itself comes with a claimed mileage of 8.5 Kmpl. In the real world, it is going to be either 6-7 Kmpl.
There is a review by autocar India of the Cayenne turbo, the camera briefly captures the fuel consumption display and it shows around 29 litres /100km. That may include acceleration tests, but that's the kind of consumption you can expect.

Heavy cars with petrol engines have poor mileage and there's nothing you can do about, however, larger engines don't consume much more. The base engine of the Cayenne is a tried and tested one and it should be reliable, though mileage may not be great, it comes with a 100 litre tank, so range anxiety shouldn't be a problem.
avira_tk is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks