Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2018, 13:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai

My Small Boys visits the Big Boys Toyz

Coming from a family of petrol heads, I was quite sure that someday my son too would become one. What I never anticipated that he will be interested in cars and trucks (love for anything Big) from a tender age of just 5 years. The passion for anything automotive was fuelled further by his daily travel route which passes the BMW and Jeep showrooms. However, the pièce de résistance was when Big Boy Toys opened their showroom on the very same route. The day he saw the beauties inside, he immediately started pushing me to take him there but seeing the kind of cars displayed there I was not sure if a 10-year-old would be entertained.
I put in a request on the thread if someone could arrange a visit for my 10-year-old. The request immediately got addressed by none other than GTO himself and a visit was arranged with Chirag accompanying us on the said day.

D-day: Mumbai was greeted by heavy showers that fateful morning but that wasn’t going to be a deterrent for any of us. We were scheduled to be there at 10:00 AM and to my surprise, we were very warmly greeted by the BBT staff.
Even before the visit, my son had already decided the car with which he was going to spend most of his time with. The love for everything B-I-G meant that the Rolls Royce was the obvious choice. He had always seen a pair of Rolls Royce parked at Atria Mall and had admired them for years. But this time it was going to be special. This was going to be the 1st time he was going to be so upfront and close to one.

He then requested the BBT staff to unlock the car and allow him to sit inside. I was a bit skeptical if this wish would be fulfilled, but I guess his enthusiasm melted the hearts of the BBT team who were kind enough in not only allowing him to sit and experience the luxury but they also fired her up. Of the zillion features that the car had, there was 2 which caught his fancy – Self-locking doors (& the fact that they can be closed with a press of a button) and of course the super silent cabin. The Roller was the center of attraction and when we were informed that it was one of its kind in India, he knew he had earned the bragging rights of sitting in one!

Here are a few pics of the beauty
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-rolleronly.jpg

Admiring those ever beautiful and timeless interiors.
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-rollerdelulook.jpg

The Auto Closing Doors at the flick of a switch was the most attractive feature for my son
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-rollerdoorsurprise.jpg
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-rollerdoorswitch.jpg

The BBT staff firing (starting) up the beauty
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-rollerbbtstaff.jpg

The Roller just envelopes you in comfort and entices you with its beauty
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-rollerrelax.jpg
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-rollersurprise.jpg

After spending considerable time with the Roller (I had to almost pull him out), the BMW i8 caught his fancy. The car design itself was extremely futuristic and the 1st thing that we learnt was how to ingress and egress from it. It may look easy but it’s a bit challenging to egress for the first time at least. Again the BBT staff were kind enough to actually show us the trick for doing this.

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-bmwi8delulooking.jpg
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-bmwdelui8inside.jpg
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-bmwi8interiors.jpg

The i8 doors were really fancy but the fact that you couldn’t close them with a press of a button didn’t entice him much.
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-i8opendoors.jpg

The next car which caught his fancy was the Red Godzilla and the pair of Maserati’s parked on either side of it. He thoroughly enjoyed sitting in all of them and experienced a truly different kind of luxury that each had to offer.

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-gtronly.jpg
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-deluwithgtr.jpg
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-deluinmaser.jpg
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-delumaserati.jpg

The enticing pair of Maserati's
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-maseratiblue.jpg
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-maseratiwhite.jpg

Next stop was with the 2 German beauties – the BMW Z4 and Mercedes SLK. Both cars were in absolutely pristine condition but after sitting in the Roller my son found the cabin space a bit on the tighter side (the Roller really spoils you with enormous amounts of leg and headroom).

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-bmwz4.jpg

After spending close to 2.5 hours in the showroom it was time to bid goodbye to all the beauties. But 2.5 hours was just not enough. The beauty of the Rolls Royce was just too good to be ignored and we were back spending some more time with her. I too didn’t mind and actually ended up taking a selfie with the car (I am not a selfie person at all and this was a BIG exception) as I too was totally smitten by the car’s beauty. We ended up spending another 30 mins with the Flying Lady and continued to admire it even as we walked out of the showroom. This has been one of the most awesome visits to any showroom till now.

A big shout out to GTO and Chirag for arranging this visit and making it an extremely memorable day for father and son! We look forward to revisiting the showroom when they get a few more beauties.

Parting shots:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-rollerdelu.jpg
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-rollerdelu1.jpg

Last edited by Maverick1977 : 2nd August 2018 at 14:04.
Maverick1977 is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 11:38   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, his expressions are priceless! Glad he had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The love for everything B-I-G meant that the Rolls Royce was the obvious choice.
Little man likes luxury barges huh! Unique taste as kids usually go crazy over sports cars.

Quote:
The Roller was the center of attraction and when we were informed that it was one of its kind in India
What was the asking price on her?
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 19:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Man, his expressions are priceless! Glad he had a great time.

Little man likes luxury barges huh! Unique taste as kids usually go crazy over sports cars.

What was the asking price on her
Firstly thank you again for all your help.

He has a liking for everything B-I-G. The most fun he has ever had was when we had gone for Tata Truck Racing at BIC. He was at the edge of the seat every time the trucks passed by and used to get bored when the song and dance used to happen and all others enjoyed.

Asking price for the RR - 2.35
Maverick1977 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 07:35   #19
BHPian

Awesome job by the BBT lads for letting the little one experience the cars. Never know if he may come back 15 years later, with a cheque in hand.
Stiggy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 01:31   #20
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest addition to the list of Toyz at BBT.

A chrome wrapper Lamborghini Gallardo. Probably the ex-Poonawaala Gallardo.

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-psx_20180811_013015.jpg
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 06:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Latest addition to the list of Toyz at BBT.

A chrome wrapper Lamborghini Gallardo. Probably the ex-Poonawaala Gallardo.

Attachment 1789135
The Poonawalla Gallardo was unwrapped long back and is still with them. This one looks like an LP560-4 Gallardo Spyder.
Anand123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 13:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

^^I think this is their demo car which was earlier wrapped in BBT stickers and if my memory is serving me right, this is the infamous Gallardo involved in hotel porch accident by valet parking.

Last edited by manson : 26th July 2019 at 08:47. Reason: Typo.
BANDHAV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 13:11   #23
PPS
Senior - BHPian

BBT eyes Rs 1000 cr revenue in the next 3-4 yrs!

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...years/70364695

Quote:
The luxury car dealer currently sells 350-400 luxury and super luxury cars in a year. Last year, the luxury car dealer clocked a revenue of Rs 225 cr.

To achieve the ambitious aim of Rs 1000 cr revenue, the company will adopt a backward and forward integration strategy. However, ETAuto was not able to assess the growth plans of BBT.

The company recently started its E-Commerce platform and entered used luxury bikes segment, primarily dealing in Indian motorcycles, Ducati and Triumph. It claims its 50% revenue has been generated from online sales.
Old 25th July 2019, 14:11   #24
BHPian

BBT has the most annoying website - listing too many vehicles as SOLD, if they're sold why the heck are they still on.
panamera13 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 04:36   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamera13 View Post
BBT has the most annoying website - listing too many vehicles as SOLD, if they're sold why the heck are they still on.
I guess those vehicles were listed on the site when they were up for sale and once the cars find a buyer, they just update that it's sold.
Old 13th May 2020, 13:22   #26
BHPian

Big Boy Toyz - Exotic Car Dealer clocked more sales in lockdown than any other company !

This exotic cars dealer clocked more sales in lockdown than any other company

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/te...y-5258121.html

But buyers looking at this segment, would it have made any difference irrespective of the lockdown ?

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 13th May 2020 at 13:27.
hareshjethwani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 13:34   #27
Team-BHP Support

Note from Moderator:

Posts regarding the recent DRI luxury car bust have been consolidated from this thread and 2 others threads into a standalone discussion here.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 14:55   #28
BHPian

Big Boyz Toys

I’m considering a car from them. Heard a few whispers and hushed stories about all not being kosher. If you’ve had any experiences good or bad, could you please DM me? Thanks so much in advance.
Old 21st January 2022, 11:48   #29
BHPian

Re: Big Boyz Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBimmer View Post
I’m considering a car from them. Heard a few whispers and hushed stories about all not being kosher. If you’ve had any experiences good or bad, could you please DM me? Thanks so much in advance.
Could you please share info on them here? Would assist a lot more people in a similar situation.
I myself would be in your shoes in the coming months.
Old 21st January 2022, 11:59   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballfry View Post
Could you please share info on them here? Would assist a lot more people in a similar situation.
I myself would be in your shoes in the coming months.
I think this is the thread which LilBimmer is referring to. Apparently, there was some import scandal wherein one of the biggies of the management was importing cars illegally and then using BBT's clientele to sell them off.

Most Viewed