Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2018, 09:21   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai

Supercars buyers can now rejoice. Actually even enthusiasts like us cos we can have a glimpse of these toys when we are waiting at the traffic light. Big Boy Toyz have opened up their showroom in in Mumbai, Andheri. Happened to see it while passing by today and they have an impressive collection already. A couple of Maserati's, a RR DHC, Nissan GTR and a BMW i8.

Address :
Shop No 7, Hubtown Sunmist, Solaris, Telli Galli, Opposite HubTown, Vijay Nagar, Andheri East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-psx_20180701_091412.jpg

Last edited by v12 : 1st July 2018 at 09:25.
v12 is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 09:36   #2
BHPian

re: Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai

I have the fortune of crossing the junction where the showroom is located, twice a day and have been eagerly following their progress since the day the board was displayed. I have been ogling at the cars they have on display.
The also have a Nissan GTR besides the Maseratis, i8 and the RR. The showroom is less than 1/2 a km from the BMW showroom, where I used to admire cars everyday. Goes without saying the BBT showroom is now where I slow down the most.

Off-topic: the BBT showroom also falls on the way to my son's school and I have been getting a daily update from him on the cars which are parked there. Incidentally he's been pushing me to take him there but I am not sure if that's possible. Haven't experienced the brand, so don't know how the sales guys would react seeing a 10 year old walk into the showroom. Any advice?
Attached Thumbnails
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-img_20180602_202653.jpg  

Maverick1977 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 10:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Haven't experienced the brand, so don't know how the sales guys would react seeing a 10 year old walk into the showroom. Any advice?
OT:

I am often in the same dilemma when I take my 5 year old to various showrooms to experience cars. I ensure that he doesn't run amok and start playing with all the expensive equipment. It is upto us to ensure that he learns how to experience the cars without touching them or unnecessarily hitting buttons, etc. This in-turn gives him some lessons on respecting other people's property as well. Usually sales guys are friendly and if you clearly tell them that you are there for a little enthusiast who could be their customer in future, they'll let you be.

All these little car guys remind of this wonderful commercial by Porsche:

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th July 2018 at 00:06.
moralfibre is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 01:37   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
A couple of Maserati's, a RR DHC, Nissan GTR and a BMW i8.
This has been a long time coming. Good to see it finally up and running. Also, that is the RR Phantom Series I Coupe and not the DHC. Only one of it's kind in the country
///RMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 13:15   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Off-topic: the BBT showroom also falls on the way to my son's school and I have been getting a daily update from him on the cars which are parked there. Incidentally he's been pushing me to take him there but I am not sure if that's possible. Haven't experienced the brand, so don't know how the sales guys would react seeing a 10 year old walk into the showroom.
Please drop me a PM on when you want to visit it with your son - will have it arranged. In return:

1. Your son has to register on the forum once he's old enough .

2. You post a lot of pics on this thread from your visit .
GTO is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 13:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

Indeed a very good news! They have been totally nailing the supercar game up north with cars with hardly any mileage on them at good price compared to how much a new one costs! When the itch bites to replace the 530d, I am 100% sure ill be visiting them.
Old 2nd July 2018, 16:09   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Indeed a very good news! They have been totally nailing the supercar game up north with cars with hardly any mileage on them at good price compared to how much a new one costs! When the itch bites to replace the 530d, I am 100% sure ill be visiting them.
I visit their website regularly too and am tempted. Had spoken to the owner once, seemed like a nice guy.

Apparently their criteria is to find cars mainly below 15,000kms driven.

I hope they are professional enough not to tamper with ODO meters.

However, what I think will be a game changer for them is their ability to clear dealer/manufacturer level dead stock. I have seen a lot of 2015 Masteratis and BMW i8s,Z4s etc on their website which have 0 kms on the ODO. These are the best deals one can find it the market but are often hard to come by. You basically land up getting a brand new car which has been lying in the inventory untouched for nearly the same price of a used one. I think these cars are also directly billed by the car dealership and BBT just takes a cut as a commission.

I wish them luck, it gives us Bombayites access to cars from North now which is where a lot of luxury/sports cars reside.
Moreover, if and when the one nation one tax starts, businesses like BBT will flourish even more.
Sahil is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 18:51   #8
BHPian

Have first hand experience dealing with them and due to their inability to keep up with promises, took a loss and sold it all off. I would never deal with BBT again.

Word to the wise; if you're interested in partaking in their "schemes", be wary.
mijnoirhammer67 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 19:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
Have first hand experience dealing with them and due to their inability to keep up with promises, took a loss and sold it all off. I would never deal with BBT again.

Word to the wise; if you're interested in partaking in their "schemes", be wary.
Could you share what exactly was your unpleasant experience with them?
Old 3rd July 2018, 10:41   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
However, what I think will be a game changer for them is their ability to clear dealer/manufacturer level dead stock. I have seen a lot of 2015 Masteratis and BMW i8s,Z4s etc on their website which have 0 kms on the ODO.
Volvo got really angry when its dealers started selling cars through BBT - related thread

Quote:
I wish them luck, it gives us Bombayites access to cars from North now which is where a lot of luxury/sports cars reside.
North India has the best collection of imports & super cars.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 09:50   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to a Team-BHP fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sharing the following pics:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-1.jpg

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-2.jpg

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-3.jpg

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-4.jpg

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-5.jpg

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-6.jpg
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 10:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

I somehow cannot fathom the idea of spending crores and buying something like a Rolls Royce Ghost from a second-hand car dealer. I know BBT is pretty reputed and the cars go through rigorous checks, but they are not Rolls Royce/BMW and might miss some issues which could turn out to be expensive. Do they provide any sort of warranty?

If I had 'just' a crore or two to spend I will anyday pick an S-Class Maybach than what I think could be a pretty expensive 'bork'. But I guess people who have disposable income in terms of crores do not make such rational decisions and the snob value of an RR trumps it all.

Last edited by avishar : 4th July 2018 at 10:18.
Old 20th July 2018, 17:03   #13
Senior - BHPian

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) has opened their first Mumbai showroom in Andheri East. The showroom is located on Prof. N.S. Phadke Road, west of Western Express Highway.

The location was picked over Atria mall in Worli. BBT said that they have very less presence in Mumbai and need to develop a brand name first. The current location is close to the airport and would allow them to showcase the brand, as it is a crowded area. Since BBT only deals with exotic cars, the location also helps build a customer base as a lot of TV actors & Bollywood stars are in the vicinity or pass through the area; the showroom has already seen a few celebrities walk-in with queries.

Big Boy Toyz is a used car dealership that specializes in buying and selling exotic cars. The company was set up in 2009 and has a huge multi-storey showroom in Gurgaon and a studio in Delhi.

The showroom is split into three parts and can accommodate a total of 8 cars. The cars on display when I visited the showroom were as follows:
1. BMW i8
2. Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe
3. BMW Z4
4. Mercedes-Benz SLK
5. Maserati GranTurismo
6. Nissan GTR
7. Maserati Quattroporte

The huge board and the exotic cars in the showroom will catch your attention as you drive by. Entry to the showroom is not restricted to just the customers - anyone can walk-in and get close to the cars:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-1.jpg

Luxurious chairs for customers to sit and admire the cars:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-2.jpg

Staff desks as soon as you enter the showroom. I was greeted by the Asst. Manager of Marketing:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-3.jpg

A big TV plays videos from the BBT archives. These include videos of cars in the showroom and interviews with celebrities. Notice the merchandise section to the right of the employee desk:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-4.jpg

A collage of framed photos was present on one wall. It has been arranged in the shape of the BBT logo:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-5.jpg

This section of the showroom got another desk and a big TV:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-6.jpg

The showroom has limited seating. Mirrors increase the sense of space inside:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-7.jpg

This BMW i8 once belonged to Shah Rukh Khan:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-8.jpg

The butterfly doors on the i8 help grab attention from passersby:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-9.jpg

The lone hybrid car in the showroom. All the cars in the showroom have their number plates covered with a BBT sticker:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-10.jpg

Four exotic cars lined up behind the glass doors:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-11.jpg

This Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe is said to be the only one in India:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-12.jpg

Notice all the boxes on the side. The showroom was not fully operational when I visited. The showroom opened on 19 June:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-13.jpg

Suicide doors on the Rolls Royce. This being the coupe version, there is limited space at the back:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-14.jpg

This Phantom is a 2009 model. Even by today's standards, this is one of the most luxurious cars around:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-15.jpg

The Spirit of Ecstasy rises up when you unlock the car. BHPian Maverick1977's son loved it (he was part of this visit):
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-16.jpg

This BMW Z4 was sourced from a dealer. Brand new car at a discount of around Rs. 20 lakhs:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-17.jpg

This 2015 SLK 350 has run only 5,400 km:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-18.jpg

A small showroom results in a cramped space. Notice the focus lights pointing at all the cars in the showroom:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-19.jpg

A blue Maserati is an attention grabber:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-20.jpg

This coupe is powered by a Ferrari-derived V8 engine making 454 BHP and 520 Nm of torque:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-21.jpg

Easily one of the sportiest cars in the showroom. Unfortunately, there were no Lamborghinis or Ferraris on display. Period:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-22.jpg

I wanted to get into the back of the GT-R. But there was so little space that I had to make do with this pic:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-23.jpg

I am sure everyone who walks past the showroom spends some extra time ogling at the GT-R than any other car. The Japanese car with quad exhausts develops 545 BHP and 628 Nm of torque:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-24.jpg

This 2016 Maserati Quattroporte was the only four-door car on display. The pantry area is right next to this car:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-25.jpg

The interior of the Quattroporte is such a lovely place to be in:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-26.jpg

This particular car is powered by a V6 diesel engine, which produces 271 BHP and 600 Nm of torque:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-27.jpg

Maserati has one of the best keys amongst all the cars in the showroom:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-28.jpg

The showroom also has a merchandise section. They have a carbon-fibre pen...
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-29.jpg

…and a BBT branded perfume:
Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai-30.jpg

https://www.bigboytoyz.com/

Last edited by GTO : 20th July 2018 at 17:10.
ChiragM is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 18:17   #14
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
This BMW i8 once belonged to Shah Rukh Khan:
Don't think SRK ever owned the i8 , he had test driven one & the pics were splashed across by the media.
Btw, thanks for the report and the wonderful pics.
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 23:18   #15
BHPian

Big Boy Toyz (BBT) opens showroom at Andheri, Mumbai

Stayed next to the showroom from past 2 days - and it's real jewel seems to be the blue Maserati - a real eye candy inspite of the phantom coupe parked right next to it.

I just wish I could squeeze out enough time to visit the showroom.
samyakmodi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed