Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2018, 18:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar F-Type with 4-cylinder turbo petrol launched

Jaguar has launched the four-cylinder F-Type with prices starting from Rs. 90.93 lakh (ex-showroom) for the coupe and Rs. 1.01 crore (ex-showroom) for the convertible. In addition to the four-cylinder engine, the F-Type is also available with a V6 and a V8 engine.

Jaguar F-Type with 4-cylinder turbo petrol launched-jaguar-ftype-2.0-l-coupe.jpg

Powering the sportscar is a 2.0-litre, turbocharged 4-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine which develops 296 BHP @ 5,500 rpm and 400 Nm of torque @ 1,500-4,500 rpm. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission. Jaguar claims that the new engine has reduced the overall weight of the vehicle by 52 kg, which allows it to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 5.7 seconds. Top speed is rated at 250 km/h.

Jaguar F-Type with 4-cylinder turbo petrol launched-jaguar-ftype-2.0-l-convertible.jpg

The Jaguar F-Type 2.0L is available in two trim levels - base and R-Dynamic. Both variants get an active exhaust but the latter features a switchable active exhaust. Other features include LED headlights and tail lights, a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Meridian audio system and safety aides like rear parking aid and pedestrian detection.

Variant-wise ex-showroom prices:

2.0 Coupe - Rs. 90,93,000

2.0 Coupe R-Dynamic - Rs. 93,67,000

2.0 Convertible - Rs. 1,01,45,000

2.0 Convertible R-Dynamic - Rs. 1,04,20,000

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 19:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jaguar F-Type with 4-cylinder turbo petrol launched

I believe the 4-cyl F-Type is being offered in the foreign markets with a stick even, that would've been a fun proposition and should've been offered as an option at least to pump some interest in the otherwise dampened interest around the car.
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 21:42   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I believe the 4-cyl F-Type is being offered in the foreign markets with a stick even, that would've been a fun proposition and should've been offered as an option at least to pump some interest in the otherwise dampened interest around the car.
Only the V6 S gets the stick option and I understand that it is a bit clunky. However, the 4 cylinder is not too bad. The lighter front end makes up in handling against the slight performance loss
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2018, 23:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Only the V6 S gets the stick option and I understand that it is a bit clunky. However, the 4 cylinder is not too bad. The lighter front end makes up in handling against the slight performance loss
Oh yeah, my bad. It was the the V6 only.

I agree the 4 might be nippy and fun to drive, but I feel it's robbing way too much from the car's character. It's not supposed to be be the perfect driver's car, it's supposed to be a lary European muscle car (like a baby SLS if you will) and for that alone, I still somehow prefer the V8 iterations.
Scorcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 04:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

I drove one at a Jaguar event here in Melbourne. That engine has pretty good performance for the size and doesnt sound half as bad. Infact I drove the 2.0 and 3.0 supercharged almost back to back and the 2.0 definitely is the nimbler of the two owing to less weight on the front axle and therefore more playful and dare I say more enjoyable.

There is no doubting the 3.0 supercharged performance though especially while taking off from stand still. Once up to speed, the 2.0 doesn't feel as slow as the numbers may suggest.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 09:05   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

I still somehow prefer the V8 iterations.
Agreed, it matches up to their slogan

"Its good to be bad"!
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 09:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

The prices and specs are straight up the Porsche Boxster's alley.

At these prices, I'd very much prefer the Porsche which will be way more nimble.
reignofchaos is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed