Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2004, 02:41   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (S350L-E240 @ May 02 2004,18:41)]Rehaan , rgowani ,
Been driving in the C mode mostly between 3500 - 4500 Rpm touched a max of 95 as yet. Can i go fast?
Hey 350L,

Firstly see what the manual says!
But i would say you could go faster than 95kmh....
However try not to go above 4500RPM.
Try to avoid really hard braking in the first few hundred km as well so that the brakepads get a chance to sit on the pistons well.
How many km has your car done?

cya
R
Old 3rd May 2004, 07:55   #17
BHPian

I know its nice to protect and take care of your car when new..but come on man..its a merc..new cars like hondas can take rough usage and be maintaned as good as any other nicely maintaned cars then why couldnt the mercs be driven without a manual..i like my cars and drive them as i want and i have driven a ton of new cars and never had a problem later on after a little rough usage..but then again depends on you and your ways..ofcourse..respecting your car is a good thing..but man..when it comes to driving it rip it..

also lot of guys at honda told me not to take my civic more than 3.5k rpm, but i have never in my life driven so low, never listen to them and my car is as strong as any other..so choice it upto you...

i know i know not a good philosophy but i get too impatient to drive my cars to wait for 1500..but most of the time 1500 is done in like 2 weeks or so..so its not much of a wait anyways..

cheers...
Old 3rd May 2004, 14:43   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]also lot of guys at honda told me not to take my civic more than 3.5k rpm, but i have never in my life driven so low, never listen to them and my car is as strong as any other..so choice it upto you...
There are some strong reasons why manufacturers INSIST ON running in your car very carefully AND patiently for the first 1000 - 2000 miles. The reason I say car, and not engine, is that there are a lot of components that require bedding in. The engine, the tyres, the brakes etc. etc.

Cars today are built in such a superior way compared to the yesteryears that a little abuse may not show up initially...but show up it will - Eventually. I have compared my "carefully" run-in cars with similar examples of my friends who had no idea of running in. Boy, was I glad to be patient during the initial ownership days.

GTO
Old 3rd May 2004, 15:21   #19
BHPian

nice cars
Old 4th May 2004, 00:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Rehaan i've done 342 since my delivery on wednesday evening.

crazi4speed believe me there are times when i wanna rip it but ive been advised by their senior advisor not to do it and had a bad experience earlier...

thehondaguy thanx a lot

GTO u stole my words..
Old 5th May 2004, 12:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

vishnugnair when the company upgraded the 230 to 240 the engine felt great and i got the first car and always ripped it the day i got it i drove it to the highway at above 175 km/ph and throughout the life of the car it made a wierd noise frm the engine... everytime i had it checked all they said is it's the way ud have slammed the engine....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks