Old 16th October 2008, 22:12   #1606
Senior - BHPian

wow never seen lc taxi before
Old 16th October 2008, 23:04   #1607
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
wow never seen lc taxi before
Ya, its LeMeridian's car & is V8 petrol. But its not much used as taxi, mostly used by the owner of the hotel. Anyway very rarely its used for some Arab Guest who demand for it.

The owner also has got a biege CLS 350 (photo posted earlier in this thread), a black E280 CDI, couple of W210 E-classes (E300 & E250), two W124 (E300 D) & a very well kept dark green W123 (300D). I've once seen his CLS used for some foreign deligates when they visited Cochin.

He has ordered a Silver 730Ld, but cancelled it as the new F02 version is being launched. So I geuess that he might be one of the first to get a new 7-series in the state once its launched.
Old 17th October 2008, 00:22   #1608
Senior - BHPian

in joys palace thrissur there is a white 7 series, they also rent it for customers on request, am not confirmed that itis a taxi or not
Old 18th October 2008, 08:32   #1609
Senior - BHPian

This is one is a diesel Prado, imported version, using by an organisation leader. Saw it y'day when I went for a marriange.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-17102008002.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-17102008001.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-17102008.jpg  

Old 18th October 2008, 11:13   #1610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
This is one is a diesel Prado, imported version, using by an organisation leader. Saw it y'day when I went for a marriange.
It makes me wonder why Toyota does not introduce the diesel Prado in India. It would do wonders.
Old 18th October 2008, 11:34   #1611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
It makes me wonder why Toyota does not introduce the diesel Prado in India. It would do wonders.
Exactly! Actually lot of Prado diesel are being imported through grey market. Toyota would have captured a good percentage of those sales if they might have introduced the diesel.
Old 18th October 2008, 11:45   #1612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly! Actually lot of Prado diesel are being imported through grey market. Toyota would have captured a good percentage of those sales if they might have introduced the diesel.
. Their diesel engines are one of the best in the world. I wanted to get the Prado but drove my uncles Petrol and the F.E. was a down side for the use the car would go through. Toyota is known to feel the pulse of the market and i hope they take notice with the other brand sales and the type of engines that are selling more and act fast. The Prado Diesel is capable of killing sales of many a Brands.
Old 18th October 2008, 15:08   #1613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
. Their diesel engines are one of the best in the world. I wanted to get the Prado but drove my uncles Petrol and the F.E. was a down side for the use the car would go through. Toyota is known to feel the pulse of the market and i hope they take notice with the other brand sales and the type of engines that are selling more and act fast. The Prado Diesel is capable of killing sales of many a Brands.
I do agree that the Toyota's diesel engines are very nice. But y'day the Prado was a bit noicy & my friend along with me, who is not so found of autos, even noted that.
Old 18th October 2008, 15:19   #1614
BHPian

any idea what he paid for the prado? What litre engine? How is the power?
Old 18th October 2008, 15:29   #1615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
DOn't know what he paid, anyway you can get diesel in the range of 40-45lacs. Its 3.0L diesel & is powerful enough for its body weight.
Old 18th October 2008, 15:47   #1616
BHPian

Volvo Dealership have been acquired by Kairali Ford in Cochin,also there will not be a separate dealership it will be from the Ford Showroom itself. The Game is Heating up. Next in line is Nissan.

Chirayath cars were asking 55 Lakhs for a brand new D4D engined Prado an year back.

Last edited by muneemmk : 18th October 2008 at 15:54.
Old 18th October 2008, 20:03   #1617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do agree that the Toyota's diesel engines are very nice. But y'day the Prado was a bit noicy & my friend along with me, who is not so found of autos, even noted that.
That could be the tuning issue due to the lower quality of fuel. Supriseingly it happened in the ML too. Got it tuned and it was soundless again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
It should cost around 65 lacs. I think it is a 3.2 litre engine. The power of the car is good and it would be almost the same as the X5.
Old 18th October 2008, 20:26   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
That Prado has superbly comfortable suspension. One of the best i've travelled in. But i felt the engine is a bit on the noisy side. Power is only adequate for the car.
Old 20th October 2008, 06:38   #1619
Senior - BHPian

Y'day nite I met a friend from Cochin with a white 530d highline. We took the car for a spin at Calicut beach. After a short drive I got excited & told him that its really a drivers car & should push to its limits. He told he used to do it, but don't know how exactly to do it. So I told him, if he permits I show how such a car is exploited. We took the car to the northern end of the beach where there is very less croud & non inhabitant part, only a small slums are there at the northern end.

As soon as we reach there I first had a 180-turn. But unfortunetly after rain the road had lot of path holes, even then I decided to have some excitments. I then started my stunt - 180-turn, drifting, J-turn, etc. After some explosives shorts, my friends wanted to feel it from out, so I get them out & showed them once more. On the last run one of them took the video, but very poor quality. Anyway here is the link

We stopped when we saw a group of guys coming near us. My friends jumped into the car & told me they might be from the slums & can't even predict what will be their reaction. So we vanished from that area. Anyway by God's grace after a long time, had an very enjoyable stunts.
Old 20th October 2008, 14:27   #1620
Senior - BHPian

the white toureg in thrissur

the white toureg in town which i mentioned before in this thread , belongs to the famous jweller and car crazy petrol head in town, i personally seen the car in his portico, and it was DL 3 c registered. his porsche caynee has been sold out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks