Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 11:12   #1786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
A liqour barron from Muvattupuzha got his Cayenne a couple of days back after a long waiting of 8 months.
Nice and mature, like his source of income.
Old 30th December 2008, 12:21   #1787
BHPian

Quote:
A liqour barron from Muvattupuzha got his Cayenne a couple of days back after a long waiting of 8 months.
Muvattupuzha? But the town doesn't even have a Mercedes W221 S Class or BMW 7 Series yet (to the best of my knowledge)- and a Cayenne already!

BTW, why the long wait? The Porsche salesperson was offering a Cayenne S in meteor gray at 91L or so readily from Mumbai two or three months back. They sent me a proforma invoice, but I went for a 100 series Landcruiser, which I have since sold off. People scared me off citing service problems, resale value and the preference for petrol from Reliance pumps which by then had started closing down. I was even offered a second hand one from Chavakkad or Kodungallur.
Old 30th December 2008, 13:09   #1788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Muvattupuzha? But the town doesn't even have a Mercedes W221 S Class or BMW 7 Series yet (to the best of my knowledge)- and a Cayenne already!

BTW, why the long wait? The Porsche salesperson was offering a Cayenne S in meteor gray at 91L or so readily from Mumbai two or three months back. They sent me a proforma invoice, but I went for a 100 series Landcruiser, which I have since sold off. People scared me off citing service problems, resale value and the preference for petrol from Reliance pumps which by then had started closing down. I was even offered a second hand one from Chavakkad or Kodungallur.
Dude Yeldo, he might be from Muvattupuzha, but most of the time he used to be in Cochin. Its a black Cayenne S & lot of loadings.

It might be bcause of the loading that his car delayed so much. But its true that there is some delay in getting a Porsche if we order it according to our personal choice of accessories. You may get the car that already the dealer ordered, which are normally average loading & they try to convince us for that loadings.

There is almost a years delay for a guy from Bangalore who has ordered a 911 Turbo with full loading the comapny offers. Once it touch the road it'll be one of the most expesive 911s in the country.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:29   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
You may get the car that already the dealer ordered, which are normally average loading & they try to convince us for that loadings.
Oh, that might be the case. The one they offered me had only single a/c and 18" wheels, but had rear TVs. The interiors were standard leather, no upgrades.

BTW, I have been looking for a used Q7, and was shown one in Delhi around 50 fully loaded, but another dealer now has offered a Mercedes GL at around 70, and I am awaiting the details. I still miss my Land Cruiser, anyway. The new one is going at 95L and upwards for the Diesel, and I think that's ripoff. That might be why we don't see many in Kerala, whereas we see many 100's.
Old 30th December 2008, 21:17   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
If you heard its for the plastic group then you are right...it is coming and he has reserved his registration number as well.
yup for the plastic persons , i assume the number might be 3333
Old 30th December 2008, 21:47   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
yup for the plastic persons , i assume the number might be 3333
thats right, so obviously you know how much he paid for the number.
Old 2nd January 2009, 19:04   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
BTW, I have been looking for a used Q7, and was shown one in Delhi around 50 fully loaded, but another dealer now has offered a Mercedes GL at around 70, and I am awaiting the details. I still miss my Land Cruiser, anyway. The new one is going at 95L and upwards for the Diesel, and I think that's ripoff. That might be why we don't see many in Kerala, whereas we see many 100's.
Are you still looking for Q7? Did you got the GL details.

A friend from Cochin Thaha spotted this Calicut registered Supra. Sorry for the poor photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-image002.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-image000.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-image004.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-image003.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-image006.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-image001.jpg  

Last edited by hanmust : 2nd January 2009 at 19:07.
Old 2nd January 2009, 21:41   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
Are you still looking for Q7? Did you got the GL details.
It's a GL Diesel, in Mumbai. Colour is black. The dealer told me the party was asking 95L for that. I've agreed to get there next week to see it personally. I have been also offered a silver 200 Land Cruiser 4.5D for 95L by the same dealer.

On the Q7, I'm yet to decide. A dealer in Ahmedabad offered a V8 Diesel Q7. But the Audi dealership told me that service would be an issue, they don't sell 4.2 Diesel in India, so parts might be expensive and hard to come by. They had earlier offered me a Phantom black Q7, fully loaded at the time I bought my Land Cruiser 101.
Old 2nd January 2009, 22:16   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful! So finally there is something good to see on this thread ever since it's being bombarded by 3, 5, 7-series, C, E, S-classes, LC's, Prados etc.
Old 3rd January 2009, 07:59   #1795
BHPian

Hani, who imported the supra? Any idea?
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:13   #1796
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16v100bhp View Post
Hani, who imported the supra? Any idea?
I don't know who imported it, but it was with the same guy who owns the blue 3-series convertible here. Now its seen with a dealer in Cochin.
Old 4th January 2009, 01:57   #1797
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know who imported it, but it was with the same guy who owns the blue 3-series convertible here. Now its seen with a dealer in Cochin.
Hannie, Would you know the asking price for the same?
Old 4th January 2009, 08:33   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel View Post
spotted a black hummer H2 near marine drive. parked in a popular shopping complex there (took some time doing so). clicked with my n73, so please excuse the quality.

Attachment 47707

Attachment 47708

Attachment 47709
Clicked the same H2 SUT in December, the beast has a 6.2L V8 heart with 390 horses;is very quick off the line and has superb V8 noise. This is used as a regular runabout and the owner is known to spend 3 to 4K everyday on petrol.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-18109.jpg  

Old 4th January 2009, 15:28   #1799
Senior - BHPian

is it still on carnet?
Old 4th January 2009, 19:14   #1800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
Hannie, Would you know the asking price for the same?
Sorry no idea, but if u r really interested I can get the price.

Most Viewed