Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 00:15   #2446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I like the maroon color on the X3. Its usually white/black/grey/blue. The X6 ain't bad either!
Yeah! Right.Thats a different colour.and the X3 looks good from this angle too!
Old 12th August 2009, 01:59   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunkyfydex View Post
Hey Rihan. are those X6 pics taken from a social networking site???
Hiya. Yes i think the owners bro in law has uploaded it in orkut. It was send to me by my friend who is a close aquintance of them
Old 12th August 2009, 13:34   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I like the maroon color on the X3. Its usually white/black/grey/blue.
Right you are! Saw an X3 Diesel of the same vermilion colour 2-3 weeks back at the Surya hotel in Angamally. Looked real nice, even (perhaps) better than the ML. Right size (about that of the CRV), Diesel engine, high seating, BMW badge, etc. Think it is getting popular in Kerala since the launch of the Diesel version.
Old 12th August 2009, 15:11   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Right you are! Saw an X3 Diesel of the same vermilion colour 2-3 weeks back at the Surya hotel in Angamally. Looked real nice, even (perhaps) better than the ML. Right size (about that of the CRV), Diesel engine, high seating, BMW badge, etc. Think it is getting popular in Kerala since the launch of the Diesel version.
In my personal opinion i would disagree with the looks of x3. I think ML is far better looking than the x3 from every angle. ML looks more masculine and looks built for a purpose and for me the X3 doesnt,but the x5 looks good. I think many would share the same opinion as i does.

And i always felt that Merc got good looking cars when compared to bmw. The only design which i feel looks better when compared to mercs is the bmw M3 COUPE. Every other car doesnt look good as the similar merc model.

Last edited by rihan01234 : 12th August 2009 at 15:16.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:09   #2450

yes. you are right Mr. Rihan. ML is far better and good looking than X3.
Old 13th August 2009, 00:38   #2451
BHPian

Spotted a silver(ish) Range Rover and a Maroon Toyota Sequoia on my way home from the airport.

I was driving (a friend's Indica with rather poor lights), no passengers, past 7 in the evening today and it was raining lightly on the Ramanattukara-Thondayad byepass. So no pics, sorry!

The RR quite possibly would have been discussed on T-bhp. I passed the car on the bridge just past the toll booth. It had a Thrissur No.1 reg and 'govt of kerala' on the plates. Don't tell me, it belongs to a VIP who happens to hold some govt post? I have seen a few E-classes & S-classes with such plates, so no surprise there.

The Sequoia was seen a few kms closer to Calicut city. I recognized the headlights just before it whizzed past me, heading in the other direction. I could not catch the plates, but I think they were middle eastern. Probably saudi or qatar, I'm not sure. It had some garish blue led strips at the back. The huge car is most certainly here on carnet as it only comes in LHD and has huge petrol engines. Has anyone else spotted this car?

Last edited by coloneljasi : 13th August 2009 at 00:48.
Old 13th August 2009, 05:41   #2452
BHPian

The Range Rover you saw must have had Govt. Of India on the Plates. Its a private car belonging to a prominent NRI who is also the member of Prime Minister's Global Advisory Council. He had a similar board on his S600 and 7 series when he was the member of Wakf Council.

In Kerala atleast, MLA' & other public office bearers can have the official plate on their private car when they are travelling in it.

Last edited by artofzen : 13th August 2009 at 05:59.
Old 13th August 2009, 10:56   #2453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihan01234 View Post
In my personal opinion i would disagree with the looks of x3. I think ML is far better looking than the x3 from every angle. ML looks more masculine and looks built for a purpose and for me the X3 doesnt,but the x5 looks good. I think many would share the same opinion as i does.

And i always felt that Merc got good looking cars when compared to bmw. The only design which i feel looks better when compared to mercs is the bmw M3 COUPE. Every other car doesnt look good as the similar merc model.
I totally agree with Rihan, especially on the comparison of ML & X3.

BMW are following a design language which is 'either love it or hate it', hence they are not working to make their car look beautiful, rather they are trying to make design statements which are unique & sharp. But in my opinion X3 is the only model which even won't come under that, it's utterly ugly, even most of the hardcore beemer fans hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
The Range Rover you saw must have had Govt. Of India on the Plates. Its a private car belonging to a prominent NRI who is also the member of Prime Minister's Global Advisory Council. He had a similar board on his S600 and 7 series when he was the member of Wakf Council.

In Kerala atleast, MLA' & other public office bearers can have the official plate on their private car when they are travelling in it.
Nash, you are right, but he is having S500, not S600. And his 7 is 750Li with almost all the goodies loaded in it!

Last edited by hanmust : 13th August 2009 at 10:57.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:56   #2454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihan01234 View Post
Rihan the ML is squared against the X5 and not the X3. For the X3 you have the GLK. The ML and the X5 are built well to perform in all kinds of conditions. That is offroad and city use, The X3 and the GLK are built with the sole perpose of city driving, hence the smaller size. Both cars are ugly in my opinioun but they do what their built to do so no complains.

Last edited by speedy : 13th August 2009 at 11:58.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:54   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Rihan the ML is squared against the X5 and not the X3. For the X3 you have the GLK. The ML and the X5 are built well to perform in all kinds of conditions. That is offroad and city use, The X3 and the GLK are built with the sole perpose of city driving, hence the smaller size. Both cars are ugly in my opinioun but they do what their built to do so no complains.

Yes Speedy thats right. And i compared the looks of ML with that of X3 just because Yeldo opined that x3 looks better than ML.
Old 13th August 2009, 22:22   #2456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Spotted a silver(ish) Range Rover and a Maroon Toyota Sequoia on my way home from the airport.

I was driving (a friend's Indica with rather poor lights), no passengers, past 7 in the evening today and it was raining lightly on the Ramanattukara-Thondayad byepass. So no pics, sorry!

The RR quite possibly would have been discussed on T-bhp. I passed the car on the bridge just past the toll booth. It had a Thrissur No.1 reg and 'govt of kerala' on the plates. Don't tell me, it belongs to a VIP who happens to hold some govt post? I have seen a few E-classes & S-classes with such plates, so no surprise there.

The Sequoia was seen a few kms closer to Calicut city. I recognized the headlights just before it whizzed past me, heading in the other direction. I could not catch the plates, but I think they were middle eastern. Probably saudi or qatar, I'm not sure. It had some garish blue led strips at the back. The huge car is most certainly here on carnet as it only comes in LHD and has huge petrol engines. Has anyone else spotted this car?

Yes I had posted the photos of the ranger rover before , I spotted it at LuLU , the car has been parked there for a quite long time , I think nowadays when he get the number 1 in thrissur series he will buy a car . the NO 1 of almost all the new series belongs to him. heard from his office that he has posted a person to bargain for the NO 1 in KL- 8 series
Old 14th August 2009, 08:42   #2457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Yes I had posted the photos of the ranger rover before , I spotted it at LuLU , the car has been parked there for a quite long time , I think nowadays when he get the number 1 in thrissur series he will buy a car . the NO 1 of almost all the new series belongs to him. heard from his office that he has posted a person to bargain for the NO 1 in KL- 8 series
He not only goes for KL-8 series, but he also bargain for KL-7 & KL-46/45 (Guruvayur or Kodungalore where Natika belongs). His S500 is KL-46 * 1.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:23   #2458
Senior - BHPian

spotted white fial 500 in csez today about 5 minutes back!!

foby, did u see it?
Old 17th August 2009, 12:23   #2459
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the white Cayenna PY reg going towards TVM on saturday morn at Karunagapally; spotted in coming back last eve at Shertalla.

Spotted a KL 5 series X5 at Ktm
Also, a KL 01 AV X0X0 white M class at Ktm.
Old 17th August 2009, 15:19   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
spotted white fial 500 in csez today about 5 minutes back!!

foby, did u see it?
The X6 would also be there, a Vermilion (Spellcheck) Red, going into CSEZ.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks