Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 20:46   #3496
Senior - BHPian

@foby- i was told that prithvi's Caravan was bought from Mr. Kelco.
Old 13th January 2010, 22:59   #3497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
I don't think so. Kella's caravan was some blue colour.
Old 14th January 2010, 00:08   #3498
Senior - BHPian

@anand- afaik, the kelco guy had numerous caravans. Maybe this is one among them. But i'm not being so damn sure.

OT- The first time raju brought the caravan to trivandrum he brought it to my place(he is a friend) and we(me, my brothers and 3 of my friends and prithvi) went for a spin and spent some quality time in it. Had some videos of our little get together. But when i swapped my phone from N93 i had to delete the vids as the videos shot were in a format which is not supported in ordinary phones. My Bad.

Some interior info -
Lcd Tv
Captain seat + passenger couch(seats min 6)
Beige Leather Interiors
Mini Bar
Mini Refridgerator
Chemical toilet
Vanity/Makeup area.

Last edited by Scorcher : 14th January 2010 at 00:17.
Old 14th January 2010, 18:42   #3499
~~h
BHPian

Quote:
@mahesh2010- Porsche did launch the Diesel Cayenne a like a year ago with the V6 mill from VW Touareg. But evidently it failed to gather flocks/takers as its other siblings the S, GTS and the almighty Turbo S. Porsche hit the rock so hard on trying to bring there brand 'down to earth' that the german marque will in near future phase out the bestseller-Cayenne and the Ah! So fresh Panamera and stick to the Sportscar makers club.
Where are you getting this info from ? In America and Europe Porsche sells more Cayennes than all the other models put together, and no way they'll stop producing that...

Last edited by ~~h : 14th January 2010 at 18:44. Reason: more words
Old 14th January 2010, 19:31   #3500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some random spottings. a 'genuine' W220 S500, Ford Laser, Volvo S80 and the Infamous Sabarinaths 325i.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Scorcher, that w220 s500 belongs to a famous hotel owner, right?
That is the limit of my stupidity !! That S500 belongs to a very very close relative of mine(moms cousin bro). Still i did'nt know until i went past their home last day and saw this Merc with my uncle in it, then i asked my dad who was with me that time and he told me it belongs to him only. I knew they had a old gen E, MB100 van(maroon) and the latest gen C220cdi/230 Avantgarde (white). But i had no idea about this S. My Bad !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
Where are you getting this info from ? In America and Europe Porsche sells more Cayennes than all the other models put together, and no way they'll stop producing that...
Dude, i'm not saying that out of a day dream ! Even i'm aware of the fact that Cayennes fly off the shelf. And the new gen Cayenne is just around the corner but porsche reportedly have plans to put and end to the Cayenne/Panamera era by some mid decade(2015) or so. What can i do if they are going to do that ? I maybe wrong or poker guys may change their decsion. No matter how senseless the decision is, "The Boss is always right".

Last edited by Scorcher : 14th January 2010 at 19:37.
Old 14th January 2010, 23:08   #3501

Well it ll be sad to see the Cayenne out of the way if thats what is planned.

One vehicle that I would certainly want to see on our roads is the Acura MDX.

Wonder whats the reason behind the Lexus', Infinity's and Acura's not showing up in the Indian market?
Old 15th January 2010, 01:14   #3502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
I don't think so. Kella's caravan was some blue colour.
Kelco had & have several caravan & the one Pritiviraj bought is the same caravan used earlier by Kelco who kept it for sale at Chiriyath Chalakkudi showroom & bought by Chemanur guy which was again sold to Pritviraj.

But once in an interview for an Malayalam auto magazine Pritviraj told that he bought that Caravan as new!
Old 15th January 2010, 01:21   #3503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
I think the old Porsche Cayene the KL-8 AE registered one owned by the Kajahs is a diesel , I remember it emitting dark fumes when ripped off through NH 17.
Foby, diesel Cayenne is recently launched, ie only on 2009 & the one with Khaja is around 2006 model which is pre-facelited, hence its petrol.
Old 15th January 2010, 02:39   #3504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post

But once in an interview for an Malayalam auto magazine Pritviraj told that he bought that Caravan as new!
I too remember that. In Fastrack, he stated that he bought a Traveller for 7.5 lakh and customised it at Coimbatore.
Old 15th January 2010, 03:28   #3505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
kella sold it to bobby chemmannur and then back to Prithviraj.
Old 15th January 2010, 08:50   #3506

Dude, i'm not saying that out of a day dream ! Even i'm aware of the fact that Cayennes fly off the shelf. And the new gen Cayenne is just around the corner but porsche reportedly have plans to put and end to the Cayenne/Panamera era by some mid decade(2015) or so. What can i do if they are going to do that ? I maybe wrong or poker guys may change their decsion. No matter how senseless the decision is, "The Boss is always right".[/quote]

facts: porsche spent 127million euros in building the leipzig plant in 1999 and more undisclosed amt for expansions in 2006 for panamera production. although cayenne bodies are shipped via rail frm bratislava, slovakia, they are completed in leipzig , whereas the painted bodyshell of panamera comes frm hanover. here both models are processed and completed on a lean but profitable production line.

guess::i stand to believe porsche would NOTstop/have thought of ceasing production in 2015. if thats true, i am curious if its hear-say or documented somewhere. cayenne pretty much saved porsche frm bankruptcy even though hardcore hardcore porschephiles disown cayenne.
Old 15th January 2010, 09:34   #3507
Senior - BHPian

To be serious , we are moving out of topic.

But still stopping the production of Cayenne have to be discussed , why cant we go for a dedicated thread ?

But what I suggest is , a document which shows the credibility of the news have to be the first post in that thread , mods please keep this as a criteria for starting the thread.

So lets move out of this topic.

Coming back to the imports spotted in kerala news.

spotted the wedding gifted Z4 in thrissur again.

I spoke to myb friend who bought the Z4 from Mumbai and took it to kerala.

The reason why he didn't bought it from Kerala delarship is that , he got 6 lack rupees less when compared to Kerala Tax played the huge role. it is MH registered.

It was in Goa from DEC 28 2009 , and now it is back in Erattupetta via Bangalore.

Will be getting the snaps in short time.
Old 15th January 2010, 09:37   #3508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Foby, diesel Cayenne is recently launched, ie only on 2009 & the one with Khaja is around 2006 model which is pre-facelited, hence its petrol.
Thank you mate!!

Heard that 25 RR Gohsts have been booked from all over India , and 2 is from Kerala , heard it from a very reliable source , any clues ?
Old 15th January 2010, 11:32   #3509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmcree View Post
facts: porsche spent 127million euros in building the leipzig plant in 1999 and more undisclosed amt for expansions in 2006 for panamera production. although cayenne bodies are shipped via rail frm bratislava, slovakia, they are completed in leipzig , whereas the painted bodyshell of panamera comes frm hanover. here both models are processed and completed on a lean but profitable production line.

guess::i stand to believe porsche would NOTstop/have thought of ceasing production in 2015. if thats true, i am curious if its hear-say or documented somewhere. cayenne pretty much saved porsche frm bankruptcy even though hardcore hardcore porschephiles disown cayenne.
Quote:
To be serious , we are moving out of topic.

But still stopping the production of Cayenne have to be discussed , why cant we go for a dedicated thread ?

But what I suggest is , a document which shows the credibility of the news have to be the first post in that thread , mods please keep this as a criteria for starting the thread.

Ya, very rightly said Foby; but since a new thread is not formed let me spread some of my views which will support jgmcree view;a you all are aware Porsche is now under VW & VW is aiming to be the global number one auto maker by volume. For that they are investing a heavily on R&D with the view that the cost of new development can be spreaded to all the brands under them. Even though they have some exclusive brands Bugatti, they are trying to maximise the volume of thier other brands to generate profit. Where as Porsche is one of the most profit making auto brand in Germany & their profit share is around 40% of turn over where as the next competing brand is only below 20%. Porsche's this rate of profit is derived from thier volume product Cayenne. Hence I too won't believe that they'll stop Cayenne. Moreover if they had any such plan, now they would have changed it as VW's involvment!

Quote:
Thank you mate!!

Heard that 25 RR Gohsts have been booked from all over India , and 2 is from Kerala , heard it from a very reliable source , any clues ?
No news so far, but will try to get the inform soon!

Last edited by hanmust : 15th January 2010 at 11:35.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:51   #3510
Senior - BHPian

@guys- It was not my personal statement, but read somewhere online will find it out and post link asap. But,Even i wish you guys are right, cos i'm a big Cayenne(Turbo,GTS) fan. If it is there by a few years, it will surely make its way into my garage. Though Panamera dont get into my goodbooks.

Most Viewed