Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 17:33   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Well the orginal LX470 will defenitly have Lexus logo on steering...and if the V8 engine is the matter...most of the Toyota Landcruiser in middle-east are V8 petrol & there is TLC with V8 petrol engine on a pure TLC body in Cochin with a reputed star hotel (& I've even posted the fotos earlier)...

Moreover in Japan, most of the Lexus cars are sold in Toyota badge...I'm not sure of the new LS460 , but even the LS430 were available there...and I know an incident where a Toyota badged LS were imported to Cochin & taken to Mumbai, and from there it was re-badged as Lexus...he saved a huge duty...we've seen the car from Clt during 2004
Oh I know the whole Toyota to Lexus swaperoo...I've lived in Japan for four years. I know several Celsiors, Aristos and LCs running around as fake Lexus cars in India.

My original point was to convey the message to liv2drv that 4.7L petrol V8s CAN be found in original Toyota Landcruisers, not simple the LX470s.

As for the LS460, well, it simply is the LS460. No Japanese Toyota alternative, unlike the 430.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 6th August 2007 at 17:36.
Old 18th August 2007, 22:34   #347
BANNED

A sporty coupe spotted.

I should admit that I am very bad at identifying cars, especially if they do not have logos or distinguishing marks.

But I saw this yellow, Kerala registered (KL --XX - 2K) Coupe parked in front of Avenue Regent, on MG Road, on 18/8/2007, at around 6.00, and was lying there half an hour later, as I was coming out.

The front and headlights of this one reminded me of a Standard 2000, but looked sleeker and had shorter nose. Standing and staring at others' cars is not something I like (but I do wish I own a car people would stare at!!!!), but I did try to locate a logo or something; but none. I certainly is not a modified thing, since the ground clearance, wheel base, seats, top back (brake lights, etc) look authentic. Going by the registration number, it is a couple of years (if not, more) old.

Sorry, do not carry a camera around.
Old 18th August 2007, 23:03   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I should admit that I am very bad at identifying cars, especially if they do not have logos or distinguishing marks.

But I saw this yellow, Kerala registered (KL --XX - 2K) Coupe parked in front of Avenue Regent, on MG Road, on 18/8/2007, at around 6.00, and was lying there half an hour later, as I was coming out.

The front and headlights of this one reminded me of a Standard 2000, but looked sleeker and had shorter nose. Standing and staring at others' cars is not something I like (but I do wish I own a car people would stare at!!!!), but I did try to locate a logo or something; but none. I certainly is not a modified thing, since the ground clearance, wheel base, seats, top back (brake lights, etc) look authentic. Going by the registration number, it is a couple of years (if not, more) old.

Sorry, do not carry a camera around.

Dude...its a Isuzu Gemini Sports Coupe...That car was in Calicut for a long time..but was in a garage for some cosmetic works...one of my old fren, whos also a dealer,owns it...and its for sale...

Last edited by hanmust : 18th August 2007 at 23:04.
Old 19th August 2007, 16:07   #349
BHPian

Back seat driver could have spotted a Nissan 300ZX. I spotted a papaya 300zx with quad exhausts etc on MG road one night sometime this past week. Think it had a targa roof. Paintjob rims etc. looked new. Could even be a Fairlady ZX if a Jap import. Owner was quite frantic in the way he drove
Old 19th August 2007, 18:21   #350

hey guys check out these picture.. recently i had gone to my friends's place(cannot disclose the name) and he allowed me to take snap of his cars.. i was like"ooh myyy godddd" when their driver opened the garage..ooohlaa
Old 19th August 2007, 19:27   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvijay View Post

hey guys check out these picture.. recently i had gone to my friends's place(cannot disclose the name) and he allowed me to take snap of his cars.. i was like"ooh myyy godddd" when their driver opened the garage..ooohlaa
wow,that sounds great ,so when are you posting the pics?
can you post them for us
Old 19th August 2007, 21:21   #352
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
Back seat driver could have spotted a Nissan 300ZX. I spotted a papaya 300zx with quad exhausts etc on MG road one night sometime this past week. Think it had a targa roof. Paintjob rims etc. looked new. Could even be a Fairlady ZX if a Jap import. Owner was quite frantic in the way he drove
URL from Google's image search.

Google Image Result for http://www.pjsautoworld.com/1990cars/1990nissan300zx.JPG

I think I saw the Nissan 300ZX.

The real wiper on this is the clincher:-

http://www.pjsautoworld.com/1990cars...0zx2_small.JPG

But logo on front of

http://www.pjsautoworld.com/1990cars...ssan300zx3.JPG
does leave me confused, the car I saw had absolutely no identification; and forgot to look at the exhausts, and could not see the steering wheel since the glasses were up. The seats are similar to what is seen in the above page. The car I saw did have the same kind of roof as seen in the above pic.

@hanmust - I guess you can give a more specific description than "Isuzu sports coupe".
Old 20th August 2007, 14:52   #353

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1...editeedmv8.jpg
Old 20th August 2007, 15:02   #354

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1...editeedmv8.jpg
check out this link
Old 20th August 2007, 16:11   #355

oh my god . who is the owner of these cars
Old 20th August 2007, 16:22   #356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvijay View Post
Quite a cozy nest !!!! Hope permission was taken as it is on private property
Old 20th August 2007, 18:29   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Quite a cozy nest !!!! Hope permission was taken as it is on private property
Of course it Nest's garage...one more exotic is missing there...an Audi TT....anyway the pic is mind-blowing, four top of the line cars under a single roof....

Quote:
Originally Posted by irfanmon View Post
God's own country has a good amount of Exotics and imports. Very sad there's no good roads to enjoy them. It'd be great if the expressway dream comes true.
U r very right...wer do we have roads to drive all these....
Old 20th August 2007, 18:31   #358
Senior - BHPian

must admit the person has some good taste in life. nothing flashy but yet enough to make a statement
Old 20th August 2007, 21:55   #359

yeah permission was taken..... the tt was taken for a drive by his relative.. there r few more exotics couldnt take many pictures as thy had to go some where...
Old 20th August 2007, 22:18   #360

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5465/dsc00474ip0.jpg.. toyota rav4

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks