Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:18   #7906
Senior - BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Not yet sure about who the actual owner of this car is. Two brothers from Malappuram are claiming to be the owners of this car and they have uploaded the pics of this car resting at their house. But what's fishy is that they're spreading news that this is an original Sesto Elemento and costed them 16 Cr! Meanwhile the My Toy guy has also posted pics of the car in his FB.
Honestly speaking the Replica looks as good as the original Elemento. No shame in claiming bragging rights but he could come down on the price tag a little bit though
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:12   #7907
BHPian

Quote:
Not yet sure about who the actual owner of this car is. Two brothers from Malappuram are claiming to be the owners of this car and they have uploaded the pics of this car resting at their house. But what's fishy is that they're spreading news that this is an original Sesto Elemento and costed them 16 Cr! Meanwhile the My Toy guy has also posted pics of the car in his FB.
Yes Anand, this car was shown in Asianet news yesterday!. Said this cost 16 crores and only one in India among 20 cars produced and transported to malapuram from Delhi at a cost of 2 lakh. I am not sure these are right facts.
Old 23rd April 2014, 18:20   #7908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If they claim it to be original, they'll have to pay the proportionate road tax. I guess Kerala government would get a considerable breathing space with this road tax, considering the condition of the Treasury! I'm sure Malappuram RTO is already looking forward to that DD

If we know the registration number, I think MVD site shows the tax details. So we can confirm if it really paid the tax for a 16 Crore car.

Last edited by zenren : 23rd April 2014 at 18:22.
Old 23rd April 2014, 19:35   #7909
BHPian

What car is the replica built on?
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:29   #7910
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
What car is the replica built on?
A yellow LP560-4. We have a whole thread dedicated to it.
A.K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:38   #7911
BHPian

Its a replica for sure. I have seen the cesto elemento in Topgear driven by Richard Hammond. Its way different than this when interiors are concerned, simply because the cesto doesn't have a dashboard , It doesn't have seats like this. It was telecased in season 20 topgear bbc .
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:58   #7912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K

A yellow LP560-4. We have a whole thread dedicated to it.
Can you please share a link? I couldn't find it.
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:21   #7913
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Can you please share a link? I couldn't find it.
Here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...d-lp560-5.html
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:55   #7914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

If we know the registration number, I think MVD site shows the tax details. So we can confirm if it really paid the tax for a 16 Crore car.
The car doesn't have a no: plate but I guess it'll be having a DL regn no:
Old 23rd April 2014, 22:19   #7915
BHPian

Quote:
If they claim it to be original, they'll have to pay the proportionate road tax. I guess Kerala government would get a considerable breathing space with this road tax, considering the condition of the Treasury! I'm sure Malappuram RTO is already looking forward to that DD

To the best of my knowledge, they are the second owners for this car. I think they wouldn't see a reason to re-register this car under a Kerala RTO any time soon as vehicles running on non-KL plates are ubiquitous. I believe that the owners interest in the car will fade way as soon as the crowd's interest in the car reduces .

Last edited by carheadbanger : 23rd April 2014 at 22:23.
Old 23rd April 2014, 22:26   #7916
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car doesn't have a no: plate but I guess it'll be having a DL regn no:
If the owner wants others to think this is an original and not a replica, he is unlikely to continue using the regn number of his old LP560-4.

Since it is DC modified, it could get MH regn. IIRC, that used to be the only place that accepted the DC's full-scale modifications as street-legal and allowed registration of vehicles with such mods.
Old 24th April 2014, 00:32   #7917
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobalan View Post
Yes Anand, this car was shown in Asianet news yesterday!. Said this cost 16 crores and only one in India among 20 cars produced and transported to malapuram from Delhi at a cost of 2 lakh. I am not sure these are right facts.
Quote:
I'm sure Malappuram RTO is already looking forward to that

Well, the base car seems to be a Gallardo, and the interiors reveal its origins beyond any doubt.

What I do not get is why they make false claims, nowadays even primary school boys are more careful to tell lies as it is easy to verify most stories over the internet.

Don't want to sound rude, but this seems to ba a tasteless conversion job, even more tasteless lies and bragging, all for converting a beautiful Gallardo to a wannabe Sesto Elemento, which in turn might be the most tasteless Lamborghini ever!
Old 24th April 2014, 07:06   #7918
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, the media here seems to think it's the original or the owner made them believe. It's here in local newspapers and TV channels. Some of the details that was published.

1) 16cr Sesto bought from Delhi.
2) Top speed 213 kmph
3) Mileage - less than 1 kmpl
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 16:38   #7919
BHPian

Top speed 213 kmpl? 1 kmpl fe? The guy who wrote this in media must be a maniac. How is it possible for a car so light to have a 1kmpl economy.
Old 24th April 2014, 19:17   #7920
BHPian

As far as i know the REAL Sesto Elemento is not road legal.

Why try and portray that it is the real thing ?
Musavi 27 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed