Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2008, 23:09   #1051
BHPian

if the fitment was not done at the BMW garage then the chances are that he would have got it done at mustang motors / badboy garage both being his favourite destination for cheap used parts..
Old 18th May 2008, 23:16   #1052
BHPian

Oh wait, I know for sure that all 3 series have the option of M-Sport Package which comes with M wheels. So you can see plain vanilla 3 series with M badge on the wheels. It is a factory install. I don't think it would be any different for 5 series.
Old 19th May 2008, 13:21   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
if the fitment was not done at the BMW garage then the chances are that he would have got it done at mustang motors / badboy garage both being his favourite destination for cheap used parts..
What do you mean his favourite destination for cheap used parts? What car of his has got used parts? And the kit is official OE BMW parts from BMW AGMC Dubai. If the dealer in BMW Kochi could not provide the choice materials and so where cheesed about it and refused to mount the kit, whats wrong with getting it done outside. All his cars use authentic OE parts and he goes through a great deal of trouble to source them from abroad, so watch what you say. Who the hell puts cheap used parts on BMWs and Range Rovers I'd like to know.

Last edited by BEEM3R : 19th May 2008 at 13:23.
Old 19th May 2008, 15:33   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
All his cars use authentic OE parts and he goes through a great deal of trouble to source them from abroad, so watch what you say. Who the hell puts cheap used parts on BMWs and Range Rovers I'd like to know.
I think he meant to say, cheaper labour charges?. His Range Rover was there , but that was because there was/is no authorised RR service centre. This was the case with his BMW X5 as well. I dont think anyone would put used bits in Beemers.
Old 19th May 2008, 17:52   #1055

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
That merc limo lacks originality,i guess its some other car....

here is a 320d spoted at a wedding by my friend.

Attachment 3196

Attachment 3197

Attachment 3198

This car is in cochin at kalamassery and is owned by a friend of mine .He is the director of a famous college in kalamassery.
Old 19th May 2008, 20:16   #1056

New Hummer In Cochin

These are a few pics of HUMMER in cochin. This vehicle was lying with the customs at cochin for a almost 2 yrs . But it was auctioned by them a few days back . I had a chance to take a ride in this vehicle and it was really mindblowing . The lcd screens on the driver and co-driver's seat were stolen.This is an auto gear vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-4.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-6.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-7.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-8.jpg  

pentagan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2008, 22:04   #1057
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagan View Post
These are a few pics of HUMMER in cochin. This vehicle was lying with the customs at cochin for a almost 2 yrs . But it was auctioned by them a few days back . I had a chance to take a ride in this vehicle and it was really mindblowing . The lcd screens on the driver and co-driver's seat were stolen.This is an auto gear vehicle.
Look at the last picture!! a honda civic has better interiors than that H2...

btw how much was it auctioned off for??
Old 19th May 2008, 22:22   #1058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
Look at the last picture!! a honda civic has better interiors than that H2...

btw how much was it auctioned off for??

I'd take the Range Rover Sport HSE over any hummer any day.
Old 19th May 2008, 22:41   #1059
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I'd take the Range Rover Sport HSE over any hummer any day.
yea.. a much much smarter way to spend 1.15 cr
Old 19th May 2008, 23:39   #1060
Senior - BHPian

LCD stolen? So much for car safety. Too bad the H2 sat rotting for 2 years.
Old 20th May 2008, 00:46   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
What do you mean his favourite destination for cheap used parts? What car of his has got used parts? And the kit is official OE BMW parts from BMW AGMC Dubai. If the dealer in BMW Kochi could not provide the choice materials and so where cheesed about it and refused to mount the kit, whats wrong with getting it done outside. All his cars use authentic OE parts and he goes through a great deal of trouble to source them from abroad, so watch what you say. Who the hell puts cheap used parts on BMWs and Range Rovers I'd like to know.
with no offence meant to anyone :-

The BMW X5 diesel he was using had used brake parts on it.
the car has history of stalling multiple times and also workshop record can prove the car has been in Badboy /mustang motors and finally when it was in a messy situation his driver brought the car to navnit motors in bangalore.
finaly throught the famous car dealer in chalakudy, it was bought by businessman in trichur city center.

BTW, i never commented that his new BMW 5 series has a used part.

Last edited by ajmat : 20th May 2008 at 07:43.
Old 20th May 2008, 02:16   #1062
BHPian

California Night- What you are saying is true because I know this particular business man who boughtit.In fact he still takes the car to mustang motors.This business man also bought a new E280cdi recently.
Old 20th May 2008, 02:58   #1063
BHPian

Quote:

The BMW X5 diesel he was using had used brake parts on it.
the car has history of stalling multiple times and also workshop record can prove the car has been in Badboy /mustang motors and finally when it was in a messy situation his driver brought the car to navnit motors in bangalore.
finaly throught the famous car dealer in chalakudy, it was bought by businessman in trichur city center.
So the X5 used to stall due to the brakes? The X5 was problematic no doubt and also thanks to our roads went through several sets of brake pads and tires. Never did it have used parts. I never put down Mustang Motors, his cars have been serviced by them since the white Landcruiser. When it wasn't possible to send the car to Navnit, during some emergencies it would have been at Mustang and not to save some money on service. He's not cheap and hence doesnt need cheap used parts. 95% of the time it was serviced at Navnit. You are going by hearsay so stop already. You are tarnishing his name by saying he uses used parts on his cars. I really do not appreciate it and yes it is offensive.
Old 20th May 2008, 03:03   #1064
BHPian

Quote:

finally when it was in a messy situation his driver brought the car to navnit motors in bangalore.
And what does this mean? That after the car was constantly handled by inexperienced people at Mustang and after all the used parts, after it had become a mess it finally went to Navnit? Wow you have some nerve. Why dont you check with Navnit about the service history of the car? The problems it faced were typical of BMW and all primarily electronic. I know that car on a few occasions was lying unused awaiting new parts from abroad.
Old 20th May 2008, 11:06   #1065
Distinguished - BHPian

That 525d has the M-Sport kit and 172 wheels ! My fav combo.... Any idea where he got it fitted from and at what price?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks