Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2008, 12:14   #1066
BHPian

Guys even though he got it serviced from mustang I beleive all the parts were genuine because mustang is not at all known for "Cheap" parts or labour.
Old 20th May 2008, 14:08   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I'd take the Range Rover Sport HSE over any hummer any day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
yea.. a much much smarter way to spend 1.15 cr
My dear buddies, don't you guys think Hummers exude more street presence than Rangies? In fact Hummers are purchased mainly for their street presence and off-road abilities right, whereas Rangies are purchased by true-blue auto enthusiasts with great taste for luxury and of course off-road abilities. So the reason for choosing the Hummer....street presence it is.
Hate those weird, tiny exhausts on Hummers though!
Old 20th May 2008, 14:19   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
My dear buddies, don't you guys think Hummers exude more street presence than Rangies? In fact Hummers are purchased mainly for their street presence and off-road abilities right, whereas Rangies are purchased by true-blue auto enthusiasts with great taste for luxury and of course off-road abilities. So the reason for choosing the Hummer....street presence it is.
Ultimately it's a matter of individual taste. I would personally choose an RR over a hummer anytime.
Old 20th May 2008, 14:42   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Ultimately it comes down to personal taste.

As for Performance and off road abilities , if you see Clarkson's - The Good The Bad and The Ugly , there was a top of the hill race between the Hummer, RR Sport and Cadillac Escalade. The RR won and the Hummer was stuck on the climb. So the RR pawned the Hummer there too.
Old 20th May 2008, 17:36   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I was in Cochin to attend the inauguration of renewed Mercedes Benz showroom. Infact I was really impressed seeing it. I was really upset last time when I visited there for the test of GL. Eve though it was in-complete the pillar as part of CI of Merc felt odd for it. But when I saw it yesterday, I was really ecited. It turn-up much better than what I expected. Anyway i could only snap a couple of picture, I'll post it tommorrow as i'm again leaving out Tirur now. I've to download from mob-cam.

Mean time, I had visited 'Autoklin' were the H2 is at present for interior service & full water service. As mentioned by Jayabusa, its ment for road presence, or I can say only for road presence. The build quality or fit & finish is the lowest i've seen in a luxury SUV of that price. The center console, as U can see here is fixed by using exposed nuts & the quality of materials is not up to marque. In total for the huge amount of money one spend will get a load of presence but not a class machine.

hanmust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2008, 17:57   #1071
Senior - BHPian

I drove a brand new H2 recently for the first time. If I were to say it was a disappointment, it would be an understatement. The interiors were absolute junk, especially the dashboard held together with exposed screws, the plastics were also of terrible quality & the view outside was as if you're peering through a letter box.

So I agree with what eck & v10 are saying, what a waste of 1.2cr! I would rather have an RR if I wanted a SUV or an M5 if I could choose a sedan!
Old 21st May 2008, 01:46   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I drove a brand new H2 recently for the first time. If I were to say it was a disappointment, it would be an understatement. The interiors were absolute junk, especially the dashboard held together with exposed screws, the plastics were also of terrible quality & the view outside was as if you're peering through a letter box.

So I agree with what eck & v10 are saying, what a waste of 1.2cr! I would rather have an RR if I wanted a SUV or an M5 if I could choose a sedan!
Exactly what I wanted to say....the exteriors exude or may I say spout awesome road presence but the interiors.... It's a funny fact with the H2 - it's a visual treat for onlookers, but an eyesore for the owner! And the windows are indeed small and weirdly placed as pointed out by Ishan. Probably the window scenario is gonna be somewhat similar with the LRX which is apparent in the pics of the concept!
Old 21st May 2008, 17:18   #1073
Senior - BHPian

i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
I think he meant to say, cheaper labour charges?. His Range Rover was there , but that was because there was/is no authorised RR service centre. This was the case with his BMW X5 as well. I dont think anyone would put used bits in Beemers.
its quite easy to find the orginal used parts in bad boy in rice bazar road trichur, the main attractions are mag wheels , badges,lightsand other parts, one of my friend bought a RAV4 badge for his old jeep for 25 bucks...craaap is int it

even mustang motors is pretty cheaper,there is also an other garage in guruvayoor,the mechanic in guruvayoor is a merc specalist.
Old 21st May 2008, 19:31   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Dudes as I promised some snaps:

Rajasree Motors ; Mercedes Benz showroom Cochin after renovation. Infact I got late to reach there & the inauguration was already over.

But the best part of the day for me was, I got a great chance to interact very freely with Mr.Wielfred Aulbur (MD & CEO, M-B India). As all the press people vanished away soon, I got him free & Mr.Sivakumar (MD Rajasree Motors) introduced me to him. Suprisinglt he recollected me & asked me about our last meeting during Auto Expo, he was very busy on that day, sharp memory . My best-pal Aju also acompanied me. We talked for around 45 minutes regarding various matters including, new plant, Actros, new luxury bus, Unimogs, G-wagons, introducing GL, designing and R&D center in India, etc. & lot of casual talks. It was very informative as well as encouraging talking to him. As I'm so glad I also post a snap of him, unfortunetly has got only this snap, with me & new C.

We then went to see the H2 after the function, as Aju's friend Manoj of Autoklin informed us about it at noon. But it was dark by then, anyway with the available light source we managed to snap these pictures.

On the way to Rajasree,we saw the S500 at Edappally Bye-pass Jn. The red-plate is now not seen in any of his cars.

S320 CDI, cubanite silver (a very nice colour which some how went un-noticed by most of the S customers) of of Diamond mechant, parked in the basement parking of his showroom.

The first S350 of the state; I met owner through good friend of oth of us, he has also got a SLK200 K, 525d, Prado, E200 K, etc. Now he is going for a new Cayenne too. His SLK was at Rajaree service, but couldnt snap as the service was closed for inauguration.

New Land cruiser at Chiriyath cars, Mr.Ebby told its a brand new one for sale. But its V8 petrol, the quote is Rs.85 Lacs. Anyway I like it when i saw it in real, its more attractive than in photos, as well as, its huge like GL.

Whites : white colour in Beemers look pretty, its the best colour in it especially for the 3 & 5.

320d hi-line spotted at Kayamkkulam on my way from Trivandrum. And 320d at M.G.Road, it used to be there always, I guess its bought from Navnit.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008020.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008021.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008027.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008029.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-s500.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008008.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008023.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008011.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008015.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008014.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008013.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008019.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008018.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008017.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008016.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008002.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008003.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008036.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-19052008033.jpg  

Last edited by hanmust : 21st May 2008 at 19:39.
Old 21st May 2008, 19:48   #1075
Senior - BHPian

My friend & neighbour Ashi__ got his new set of wheels yesterday. A platinum grey 523i. Its actually for the use of his mom, anyway he'll be using it till he get his Cayenne on hand next week. We went for a drive at morning & was warned by traffic squad saying that using temp-plate, we are only allowed to take the car to the destination from dealer & to go to RTO. Is there any law like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-21052008001.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-21052008.jpg  

Old 21st May 2008, 19:56   #1076
BHPian

yah the shop Foby is talking about is really good if you want CHEAP parts..its really cheap there.Once I got a W124 orginal door handles[4 nos] for Rs800.
Old 21st May 2008, 20:22   #1077
BHPian

@Hanmust..there are a few 5's in Thrissur[white 523,silver 525]..one of them is brought by my dads frnd.Its a silver 525d and is the 1st 5 in Tcr.No 7777[paid 1.40lakhs] for that number.
Old 21st May 2008, 20:24   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics,hani.
Any new sports cars in town?
Old 21st May 2008, 20:50   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Guys even though he got it serviced from mustang I beleive all the parts were genuine because mustang is not at all known for "Cheap" parts or labour.
You are spot on as far as labour is concerned, but parts? My experience with mustang (sort of insider... and not as a customer ) proved to be a eye-opener.No doubt, they had (@ the time.. not sure now) some excellent skilled people, who were good at lateral thinking and re-engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
My friend & neighbour Ashi__ got his new set of wheels yesterday. A platinum grey 523i. Its actually for the use of his mom, anyway he'll be using it till he get his Cayenne on hand next week. We went for a drive at morning & was warned by traffic squad saying that using temp-plate, we are only allowed to take the car to the destination from dealer & to go to RTO. Is there any law like that.
I guess there exists such a law. Even i was charged for having 140 k odo reading on the bike, without regn. But your case may be slightly diff,as you are having temp plates. And BTW, since when did KP developed the grit to stop Beemers and ask for things? Commendable i should say. Earlier on, it was like theyd let you pass freely if youre driving anything bigger than an City/Corolla/Skoda.

Last edited by aravindwarrier : 21st May 2008 at 20:53. Reason: typo
aravindwarrier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2008, 21:57   #1080
BHPian

@Aravind. Thats very much what I have to say, atleast thats what I experienced in their thrissur Workshop.The cheif mechanic is very good at daigonising the problems etc..all in all I found them to be good but at a COST.

Most Viewed