Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2010, 23:07   #3451
Senior - BHPian

@jose- thankyou bro.

@foby- That is good news. But, the guy who owns the above mentioned Carrera S also have a Cayenne S which is KL-39/43 regn. But that one is black. Are you sure this ain't that one ?
Old 10th January 2010, 23:17   #3452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
@jose- thankyou bro.

@foby- That is good news. But, the guy who owns the above mentioned Carrera S also have a Cayenne S which is KL-39/43 regn. But that one is black. Are you sure this ain't that one ?

I saw it on noon and I was travelling in the oposite direction. The colour was blue , Does Cayenne come on dual tone paint ?

I seriously doubt that is a Cayenne S.
Old 11th January 2010, 05:56   #3453
Senior - BHPian

One of my co worker who hails from Aluva told me that MR. Jahangeer (Nest) will be conducting an expo of his car collection including old and new , He told me that it will be in the month of Februvary and dates are not revealed.

Guys do any one have any info about it ?
Old 11th January 2010, 12:28   #3454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihan01234 View Post
Spotted a white new TLC at mavoor road, 2 Maroon S-320 CDIs both had number 999 and a white new MH Reg 7 Series in paragon hotel parking lot.
There is a brand new TLC, the first TLC to be delivered by Amana Toyota, bought by business house who are also into auto dealership. I've mentioned in my earlier thread about the news.

There is two identical carneal red S320s with 999 regn plate in Calicut, but one is KL-11 & other one is KL-7. Anyhow both are owned by very close friends & relatives.

[quote=Scorcher;1661669]Sorry mate, i did'nt notice the plates. Btw, the car which is always parked in Raj Bhavan is a maroon E classe(the very old gen the one which started off the round headlights) which is used by the governer too. Weeks before, when Rahul Gandhi came, he came with 4 DL reg. safaris that he used to commute throughout the state So quite possible this 7 also came via same route.
quote]

The silver Safari is bullet proofed & mostly used as VIP transpor, even when President came, this Safari was the car to carry her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Are there any Rolls in kerala?

Ya, there are three Rolls in the state, one with Khaja Group - a Silver Shadow, a Silver Spirit with a Jweller in Kottayam & the third one with a old marine exporter from Cochin & I guess it too is Silver Shadow.

There was a greenish-silver Silver Spirit in Calicut with a head of a relegious community cheaf, which was gifted to him by some one from Mumbai. But that one was sold. I had luck to drive it extensively when one of friend from Chennai wanted to buy & asked me to check the car. But the deal didn't happen as the owner quoted quite a high price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihan01234 View Post
Yes one s-class belongs to KRS and the other i believe belong to the famous Jewellery group
The Jwellers' car are silver & white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The M3 must have been sold to B'lore but i think the one Unknownsatan posted was a different one. And incidently, i got a pic of that M3 being delivered to the owner. Notice the rims. The one in Kerala had Graphite finish rims and this one have the 19' Multispoke ones.
Isn't it Navnit's showroom?
Old 11th January 2010, 12:56   #3455
Senior - BHPian

Just got the information about the reach of white Cadillac Esclade in Calicut. As mentioned by Foby, it's bought by Chemmanur Jweller's guy on Carnet. One of my best friend Sanjay (sanjay2233) called me as he came home on leave. He spotted it y'day from Eranhipalam Jn. I've just reached back home after a weeks trip to Auto Expo, so I'll keep my camera eyes open for it!
Old 11th January 2010, 14:41   #3456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Scorcher, that w220 s500 belongs to a famous hotel owner, right?
Yes..He also has a KL-**-**-9 C Class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Yeah,a showroom and A.S.S in kochi is perfectly logic,its bang in middle of kerala and anyone can drive there in a few hours.Its the commercial capital of kerala and poised to become the happenin metro in india.
So everything happening in kerala should do something with kochi.

But WHY US?!!!!!!!!

No showroom in Thiruvananthapuram!! is the worst humiliation for us car lovers here ,OK given there are less high-end cars in t'puram,but atleast merc could have done something.(14 years!!)

And most of the wealth is concentrated in the govt. employees who save up,save up,save up and still save up for what God knows. And still go on in their chetaks(now rare) or go in for an alto or wagonr.
Hey buddy, it's because their sons/daughters can have a better furutre with the saved money and if they start spending on lux. items, then whats left for the next generation? That's the nature of middle class.
Old 11th January 2010, 16:10   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Just got the information about the reach of white Cadillac Esclade in Calicut. As mentioned by Foby, it's bought by Chemmanur Jweller's guy on Carnet. One of my best friend Sanjay (sanjay2233) called me as he came home on leave. He spotted it y'day from Eranhipalam Jn. I've just reached back home after a weeks trip to Auto Expo, so I'll keep my camera eyes open for it!
escalade in kerala?? is it on carnet??
Old 11th January 2010, 18:06   #3458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticeyes View Post
Hey buddy, it's because their sons/daughters can have a better furutre with the saved money and if they start spending on lux. items, then whats left for the next generation? That's the nature of middle class.

Know it,but am not talkin' about the proper middle class,am saying about the guyz who want the others to believe they are middle class ,while their bank accounts tell otherwise.
Other thing is that its only in home they show such,abroad they let their purse strings fly

Forget it,just wrote the previous thread out of frustration,
by the way its got nothing to do with this forum
Old 11th January 2010, 19:58   #3459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
I saw it on noon and I was travelling in the oposite direction. The colour was blue , Does Cayenne come on dual tone paint ?

I seriously doubt that is a Cayenne S.
Hm, Im uploading couple of pics of the Black Cayenne. You try to figure out. Pic Source : Orkut.

Quote:
Isn't it Navnit's showroom?
@hani - I got the pic from Dijish. Posted with permission. I'm not sure which showroom he worked in.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
escalade in kerala?? is it on carnet??
Yes, it is. Hanmust has mentioned that in his post too.

Some random spottings. BMW 730Ld(this 7 is one of my favourite cars in tvm), UST's Cadillac Limo, Ford Falcon(shot by a friend) and Porsche Cayenne S (Got the cayenne pics from Orkut). Cheers !
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-7-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-7-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-7-interior.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-caddy1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-caddy2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-ford-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-ford2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-cayenne-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-cayenne-2.jpg  

Old 11th January 2010, 22:47   #3460
Senior - BHPian

@Scorchy - Nice find Fella !!!

The ford Falcon looks awsome , do you have any idea that it runs on stock engine ?

One of my friend have bought an old Ford Falcon and he is gonna restore it , he told me that the milage of the ford falcon is 3 kilometers for a gallon of petrol , so he is panning to covert it to diesel , probably he will be putting a Qualis engine for it.

I checked teh snap of the Cayenne , By sseing this picture I can claim that the one which I saw at ernakulam was a blue one , it was not black either.

I heard it from Bobbys mouth that he is gonna get a Cadillac on carnet , but I never thought that it must be this fast , Hannie get some snaps of the new arrival.
Old 11th January 2010, 23:05   #3461

Awesome finds dude. wish porsche brought in the Cayenne Diesel officially to India. Has anyone bought one to Kerala I wonder?
Old 11th January 2010, 23:22   #3462
BHPian

@scorcher:nice pics!! never expected to see a limo in kerala!! any idea why its being kept on a ramp??

P.S: are limos FWD or RWD. since they are really long, how is the power transferred to the rear wheels??

Last edited by bivin : 11th January 2010 at 23:24.
Old 12th January 2010, 00:03   #3463
Senior - BHPian

The Caddilac escalade happened to hit the Calicut road , which is on carnet scheme.

Since it is from Dubai , defnitiley it will be a LHD

Hannie will be able to provide more information on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-2009cadillacescalade.jpg  

Old 12th January 2010, 00:08   #3464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh2010 View Post
Awesome finds dude. wish porsche brought in the Cayenne Diesel officially to India. Has anyone bought one to Kerala I wonder?
The diesel Cayenne is already available in India. But none of them in Kerala yet. All Cayennes in Kerala are petrol (Cayenne S).
Old 12th January 2010, 00:14   #3465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
The diesel Cayenne is already available in India. But none of them in Kerala yet. All Cayennes in Kerala are petrol (Cayenne S).

I think the old Porsche Cayene the KL-8 AE registered one owned by the Kajahs is a diesel , I remember it emitting dark fumes when ripped off through NH 17.

The white one owned by the star plastics is Petrol , the one which Josco had is Petrol.

Most Viewed