Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2008, 01:32   #631
Senior - BHPian

Today super star Mammotty was in Calicut for a promotional campaing of his latest release...he came in this LX470...

There were a 745Li & a Range Rover Vogue at Taj Residency....

Last edited by hanmust : 9th February 2008 at 01:35.
Old 9th February 2008, 05:20   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
There's a toyota celica,the old model (year-1997 or around) red color, @ kowdiar - heera palace
Arent we talking about 'exotics' here? Or are we really - LX 470, 7 Series....these are hardly "exotic" in today's world.
Old 9th February 2008, 07:11   #633
alF
BHPian

owner said he is getting the car registered here by next week.
Old 9th February 2008, 10:03   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Various new S-classes spotted at different occations...as U all aware most of the new S on road are white...3 out of 5 S-classes in Calicut are also white..

this one has my favourate old 1990s s-class on the left hand side row, in the black with nice chrome alloys. i think that should be after 1998 model.
Old 9th February 2008, 10:38   #635
BANNED

Aiyyo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Arent we talking about 'exotics' here? Or are we really.... ....
I agree.

The cars You've mentioned may not be exotics in the world outside Kerala. But they sure are considered as HOT, ATTENTION GRABBING and DROOLable thingys here.
And I think that's the reason they find some respectable place here in this thread.
Old 9th February 2008, 12:15   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Arent we talking about 'exotics' here? Or aars and importsre we really - LX 470, 7 Series....these are hardly "exotic" in today's world.
we've discussed this issue many times..all i can say is dont try to define term exoxtic the way its perceived in the rest of the world...this part of the forum deals with supercars and imports.so nothing wrong in discussing any imports

there were some guys who found it weird the team-bhp had called it supercars ,as they dont accept cars like escalade and 5series etc etc..but it is an import section too right

however as you said maybe this thread should be renamed to imports in kerala
Old 9th February 2008, 14:00   #637
Senior - BHPian

Mammotty waving hands to fans during y'days function...foto contributed by my good young friend Sagar who is a die-hard fan of Mammootty....
Old 9th February 2008, 14:03   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
I think thats a valid suggestion - I wonder if the Mods visit this thread. If you do, please change title.
Old 9th February 2008, 14:05   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
this one has my favourate old 1990s s-class on the left hand side row, in the black with nice chrome alloys. i think that should be after 1998 model.
U r right dude...its my friend's car...its S500 semi bullet proofed...it was one among the Japanese President's fleet...its really a solid build to last tank like machine...still has its own charm in the croud...he imported it on 2005...his elder brother own the new S320 CDI with regn no. "1"
Old 9th February 2008, 14:44   #640
BHPian

Quote:
But the name of main thread is supercars,imports,classics spotted in India.so even if its celicia or a ferrari i think both can be posted.its my opinion.....
and also celicia which is mentioned here is a must see because it looks cool with crystal clear headlamps,nice alloys,black leathers.....
Old 9th February 2008, 15:22   #641
Senior - BHPian

@ hanmust,I really think its about time we stopped posting S classes and 7 series in this thread! they are all over the place, and available locally too, what's the point in posting a hundred of them. And that too, 99% in white!!!
Old 9th February 2008, 16:45   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
@ hanmust,I really think its about time we stopped posting S classes and 7 series in this thread! they are all over the place, and available locally too, what's the point in posting a hundred of them. And that too, 99% in white!!!
oh no hanmust please dont stop!
we still love seeing these dont we? i think any car above 30 lacs is okay for post ,lets just change the title of the thread
Old 9th February 2008, 16:50   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
But the name of main thread is supercars,imports,classics spotted in India.so even if its celicia or a ferrari i think both can be posted.its my opinion.....
and also celicia which is mentioned here is a must see because it looks cool with crystal clear headlamps,nice alloys,black leathers.....
l

exactly, there is no problem is posting the pics...infact personally i would love to see even ordinary imports of 1990..but we can change the title of the thread
Old 9th February 2008, 17:12   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oh no hanmust please dont stop!
we still love seeing these dont we? i think any car above 30 lacs is okay for post ,lets just change the title of the thread
JayD, this is why I still post such photos..even I too love to see any luxury cars or SUVs even if its common...I u'stand that this forum is ment for auto-enthusiast, not for any particular catagories...U know there is a very few contributors to commercial vehicle threads, that doesn't mean U should not be interested in CVs...As I'm still interested in S-classes & 7-series, I'll be posting more fotos...its my commitment towards enthusiast like me....& I do expect the same from fellow BHPians...

Regarding the use of exotic for this thread..as a person who kicked off this thread, by using "exotic" for this thread I only ment those cars which r not common to common enthusiasts...and I'm very sure that lot of enthusiast still find it glad to see even a C-class or 3-series...and from the last somany discussion its very clear that in our state's parameter, S-classes, 7-serieses, R-Rovers, Q7s are all exotics....

Last edited by hanmust : 9th February 2008 at 17:15.
Old 9th February 2008, 18:00   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post

There were a 745Li & a Range Rover Vogue at Taj Residency....

This may seem dumb but I though the 745 was discontinued in the facelift and was replaced by the 740 and 750???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks