Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2008, 10:17   #751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
do some body around have the snaps of KAJAH MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED (KMPL) 's muv named KAZVA

am not sure but heard that mommoty was having it once and it appeard once in movie called "harikrishnans"

but you know KMPl still manages to manufature a big size three wheeler
unfortunately i forgot the name and i dont have any snaps with me
again its heard about that its very common in Thirunnelvelli where the group have its major tobaco buisness

the awsome part is that KMPL managed to build a bus specially ment for tourism which is occupied with a kitchen.. and this bus is used in their resorts in trichur and palakkad.....

the sad part is that i never heard about KMPL never ventured in to marine stuff even though the sea is pretty close to chavakkad
ya i too remember seeing that car in 'harikrishnans'. it was a blue one . i heard that KMPL still has 2 or 3 of that car with them all of them have clocked more than 1lakh kms.
Old 21st February 2008, 12:19   #752
Senior - BHPian

Moderators:

Please move this to an appropriate location if this is not the place for this to be.

Hi foby.sebastian,

This is a long post. My scanning and image manipulation skills are weak.

> do some body around have the snaps of KAJAH MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED
> (KMPL) 's muv named KAZVA

The makers christened it as 'QAZWA'

These are the materials I have regarding Qazwa. The photos were received by me in September 1996, courtesy Mr A Abdul Hazeeb of the Rajah Group. I was invited and did attend the launch. I have no snaps connected to the launch.

It was decently built on the Contessa chassis. The front bulkhead of the chassis restricted the front leg space and the seating was chair like for the front bucket seats. The remaining two rows of bench seat was not very lavish as far as leg space was concerned and with all the tow front facing benches up, there was space similar to the Innova for luggage.

I have never driven it. It was sold only within the group. The cars have been seen on the roads especially between Thrissur and Ernakulam (by me) and around 4 years back on the way to Tirunelveli.

Now the images:

Invitation front:

Invitation inside:

Newspaper report:

For those who do not follow Malayalam, here is a rough transcript of the news report:

Qazwa MPV commercial launch today

Kochi: 'Qazwa MPV', the first vehicle to be fully built in Kerala is being launched today. The makers of this Multi Purpose Vehicle is Chavakkad based, Rajah Motors.

Rajah Motors is the sister concern of Kajah Beedi and Rajah Tiles. Built under the Small Scale Industry, the makers claim that the Qazwa can seat eight people comfortably.

The speciality is a 2000cc diesel engine mated to a 5 speed gearbox which can pull 580kgs of payload including passengers.

The other special features include Fibre galss body, power windows and power steering. Under testing done by ARAI, Pune, the fuel efficiency was 22kms. The cost of the vehicle is Rs 6.5 lakh.

Abdul Raffek and Abdul Zuheem, directors of Rajah Motors, have announced that 50 vehciles will be out on the roads in this fiscal. The present focus would be on the Kerala market. If the market accepts the vehicle, the plan is to increase production to 150 cars in the next fiscal.

The directors also said that the inspiration for a project like this was the love of cars shown by Mr Abdul Khader Sahib, the founder of the group.

In the function to be held at 04.30PM at the Taj Residency the commercial launch will be done by the President (Operations), Hindustan Motors, Mr Shankara Narayanan.

Mr Sambhu Singh IAS, Joint Deevelopment Commissioner, Small Scale Industries, Government of India will do the first sale. The function will be presided over by the honourable MP, Adv George Eden.

Qaswa front:

Qaswa back:

I have visited the setup long back. Considering the setup, the result was outstanding. I wish it had succeeded!
trrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2008, 15:51   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
do some body around have the snaps of KAJAH MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED (KMPL) 's muv named KAZVA

am not sure but heard that mommoty was having it once and it appeard once in movie called "harikrishnans"

but you know KMPl still manages to manufature a big size three wheeler
unfortunately i forgot the name and i dont have any snaps with me
again its heard about that its very common in Thirunnelvelli where the group have its major tobaco buisness

the awsome part is that KMPL managed to build a bus specially ment for tourism which is occupied with a kitchen.. and this bus is used in their resorts in trichur and palakkad.....

the sad part is that i never heard about KMPL never ventured in to marine stuff even though the sea is pretty close to chavakkad

Foby, they do have lot of trollers & fishing boats, totaling it to more than 100s...its one of their main sourse of income....they also have a boat building unit where they build thier own boats & speed boats, in their Raj Islan resort they have couple of house boats made by them & one of them is Kashmiri house boats...they used to participate in the annual boat expo at Le Meridian Cochin....

The 3 wheeler is named Tiger...their next development is a mini truck similer or bigger than Tata's ace...they have once revealed its prototype along with the Tiger...I dont have the snap now, but do remember its foto published in daily & in Auto India....
Old 21st February 2008, 16:04   #754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Moderators:

Please move this to an appropriate location if this is not the place for this to be.

Hi foby.sebastian,

This is a long post. My scanning and image manipulation skills are weak.

> do some body around have the snaps of KAJAH MOTORS PRIVATE LIMITED
> (KMPL) 's muv named KAZVA

The makers christened it as 'QAZWA'

These are the materials I have regarding Qazwa. The photos were received by me in September 1996, courtesy Mr A Abdul Hazeeb of the Rajah Group. I was invited and did attend the launch. I have no snaps connected to the launch.

It was decently built on the Contessa chassis. The front bulkhead of the chassis restricted the front leg space and the seating was chair like for the front bucket seats. The remaining two rows of bench seat was not very lavish as far as leg space was concerned and with all the tow front facing benches up, there was space similar to the Innova for luggage.

I have never driven it. It was sold only within the group. The cars have been seen on the roads especially between Thrissur and Ernakulam (by me) and around 4 years back on the way to Tirunelveli.

Now the images:

Invitation front:

Invitation inside:

Newspaper report:

For those who do not follow Malayalam, here is a rough transcript of the news report:

Qazwa MPV commercial launch today

Kochi: 'Qazwa MPV', the first vehicle to be fully built in Kerala is being launched today. The makers of this Multi Purpose Vehicle is Chavakkad based, Rajah Motors.

Rajah Motors is the sister concern of Kajah Beedi and Rajah Tiles. Built under the Small Scale Industry, the makers claim that the Qazwa can seat eight people comfortably.

The speciality is a 2000cc diesel engine mated to a 5 speed gearbox which can pull 580kgs of payload including passengers.

The other special features include Fibre galss body, power windows and power steering. Under testing done by ARAI, Pune, the fuel efficiency was 22kms. The cost of the vehicle is Rs 6.5 lakh.

Abdul Raffek and Abdul Zuheem, directors of Rajah Motors, have announced that 50 vehciles will be out on the roads in this fiscal. The present focus would be on the Kerala market. If the market accepts the vehicle, the plan is to increase production to 150 cars in the next fiscal.

The directors also said that the inspiration for a project like this was the love of cars shown by Mr Abdul Khader Sahib, the founder of the group.

In the function to be held at 04.30PM at the Taj Residency the commercial launch will be done by the President (Operations), Hindustan Motors, Mr Shankara Narayanan.

Mr Sambhu Singh IAS, Joint Deevelopment Commissioner, Small Scale Industries, Government of India will do the first sale. The function will be presided over by the honourable MP, Adv George Eden.

Qaswa front:

Qaswa back:

I have visited the setup long back. Considering the setup, the result was outstanding. I wish it had succeeded!

Really a great find & a inspiring research work....I've seen the Kazwa few times,...first I saw it at the parking lot of Hotel Hyson a few days immediately after its launch...it was a light blue/grey (dual colour)...then I saw it from their house at Chavakkad...and once on NH near Thrissur....

in this snap U can see their Rolls Royce

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd February 2008 at 03:36. Reason: gr8 = great. Please avoid SMS language as per the Team-BHP rules.
Old 21st February 2008, 17:02   #755
Senior - BHPian

Cayenne S in Calicut...got this snap from my friend...

hanmust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2008, 17:10   #756
Senior - BHPian

Hi Hanmust,

> Really a great find & a inspiring research work

Can't accept that. There was hardly any research or work done.

Mr Abdul Hazeeb of the Rajah family is a friend through another forum (CiX BBS of Bangalore) in the early nineties.

He had sent the details and photos in 1996 and invited me for the launch. In between I (with family) was his guest at Chavakkad and had gone to the Qazwa unit.

God's grace that I preserved them since then including the cutting.

I did have a look at that Rolls Royce from outside.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd February 2008 at 03:37. Reason: gr8 = great. Please avoid SMS language as per the Team-BHP rules.
Old 22nd February 2008, 02:15   #757
Senior - BHPian

hey fellas HANMUST and TRRK

"thanks for the valuable informations" hanny

nice trial

hey administrator are you okay with that

hey hanny the where is the production line of KMPL located i had seen a board of KMPL in between irinjalakkuda - trichur is it the place where still the tiger is being assemblied

cheers dude

fobycheers:

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd February 2008 at 03:43. Reason: r = are, n = and. Please type in full words as per the Team-BHP rules.
Old 22nd February 2008, 03:01   #758
Senior - BHPian

can some one guess....

a builder based in bangalore...went for a sexy lambo...spyder soon after listing of his shares in a public issue

so for what will the trichur based Mr.Stablizer manufacturer head for soon after listing his shares in the on going public issue (ipo) in kerala

Old 22nd February 2008, 04:45   #759
BANNED

Quote:
hey fellas HANMUST and TRRK

"thanks for the valuable informations" hanny

nice trial

hey administrator are you okay with that

hey hanny the where is the production line of KMPL located
cheers:
Dude! Please. We cannot understand what you're trying to say. It would be better if you could type properly and use dots, spacing correctly.

And why does the Exotics, imports and automotive scene in Kerala sounds like a joke for you?
No offence meant, bro! But I had to ask this.
Old 22nd February 2008, 23:30   #760
Senior - BHPian

black humvee spotted in trichur

one of my friend send me this
foby.sebastian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2008, 23:47   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

one of my friend send me this

how many times we need to explain the difference between a HUMMER AND HUMVEE and in this case its a fake HUMMER, H3.

H1 is the REAL HUMMER
Old 23rd February 2008, 00:15   #762
Senior - BHPian

h3 spotted in trichur

foby.sebastian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2008, 01:10   #763
Senior - BHPian

for what does H1 and H3 stands for

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
how many times we need to explain the difference between a HUMMER AND HUMVEE and in this case its a fake HUMMER, H3.

H1 is the REAL HUMMER
i would like to know the diffrence between h1 and h3,
is there any other versions in h-series
Old 23rd February 2008, 01:29   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post

H1 is the REAL HUMMER
There is nothing called a fake HUMMER.Unless its not from the GM stable. A H3 is still a HUMMER,just a lower variant.
Old 23rd February 2008, 02:03   #765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
There is nothing called a fake HUMMER.Unless its not from the GM stable. A H3 is still a HUMMER,just a lower variant.
Nitin,

What he was trying to say was that the H3 cannot be called a "HUMVEE", that designation is reserved only for the H1.

cya
R

Most Viewed