Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2008, 15:57   #781
Senior - BHPian

If that Range Rover is V8 diesel..then I think its first bought by the black H3 guy (Kel.....) from Pattambi (Palgat)..He used this RR for very few days & kept it for sale at Chiriyath...and it was there for some days also...now its biought by someone else..its not even regd...

Saw a LR-Defender Caravan from Calicut, driven by a European Couple...the Defender is LHD, but had UK regn plate...they asked me the way to beach & guided them till the nearest jn to beach...as I was in traffic couldnt collect more details from them...and also didnt had the camera
Old 23rd February 2008, 17:10   #782

Man arrested for tampering engine number of imported car

In Cochin customs arrested a man for tampering with the engine number of the Landcruiser car imported by him from Dubai
Man arrested for tampering engine number of imported car... Keralanext.com, Kerala News
Old 23rd February 2008, 22:25   #783
BHPian

No Hani , This is a diferent Range Rover. And it is not the EMKE's either.
Old 24th February 2008, 04:53   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
i would like to know the diffrence between h1 and h3,
is there any other versions in h-series

Just wanted to add my 2 cents if I may..

I wouldn’t call h2 better than h3 or vice-versa, both cater to different price/market segments.
H3 pros(2007 version):.. and i happened to drive one offroad...though i was not too impressed..

Ref .3.7 5cyl 240hp and 242 ft·lb torque.
variable valve timing(VVT) (regulates opening and closing of exhaust valves) hence enhances performance and emissions ))…and coil-on-plug ignition
Electronically-controlled dual-speed transfer case (The H3 is the only vehicle in its class to have a 2-speed transfer case standard.)
Fully locking Rear differential.
Available 5 speed manual transmission.

I believe that truck is built for amateur level off-roading and that for a fair price 16/20 EPA ratings, NOT for speed or 0-60 acceleration times.
I think, H3 looks much nicer than H2, again its my opinion and thats a qualitative remark..

And I wouldnt say that the original Humvee is inferior to Landcruisers.[/quote]

i agree however..i think present h1s are more of a marketing gimmick that offers more in "looks".. when taken offroad vs. 1979-200X Mercedes-Benz Geländewagen (G-Class) or a Land Rover Defender (Series I).. these are better and keeps on moving!!

Older 1980-1989 era ..Toyota land cruisers were worthy offroaders.

H1 alpha, though capable machines carries a 150kUSD pricetag and lots of hype and marketabilty from the military issues HUMVEE bandwagon..

Last edited by ajmat : 24th February 2008 at 09:03.
Old 24th February 2008, 09:11   #785
Senior - BHPian

thanks mate

thanks for the information,dude
Old 24th February 2008, 11:43   #786

quick note..ref h3 3.7l 5cyl..

H3 HAS an INLINE5…The in line 5 cylinder engine(very few manufacturers traditionally believe in straight5 engines, ex. volvo). Compared to inline-4 cylinder engines a straight(INLINE) 5 runs smoother, but inline6 is more smoother than inline 5 and so on….thats why BMWs inherently have inline 6s and are industry standards in smooth revs.(INLINE 6 is smoother than a V8...))

However, The inline-5 loses less power to friction as compared to an inline-6. It also uses fewer parts, and it is physically shorter, so it requires less room in the engine bay, allowing for transverse mounting..also more space/compactness facilitates for TURBO and supercharger application common on inline 5s..
Old 24th February 2008, 12:31   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmcree View Post
i agree however..i think present h1s are more of a marketing gimmick that offers more in "looks".. when taken offroad vs. 1979-200X Mercedes-Benz Geländewagen (G-Class) or a Land Rover Defender (Series I).. these are better and keeps on moving!!
Older 1980-1989 era ..Toyota land cruisers were worthy offroaders.
H1 alpha, though capable machines carries a 150kUSD pricetag and lots of hype and marketabilty from the military issues HUMVEE bandwagon..
Original Humvee is purpose built military vehicle that can go places and do things like no other offroaders. However if you are looking at amature off roading I agree that landcruisers are one of the best.
H2 and H3 are not built for any serious offraoding(they are based on Older Tahoe and current Trailblazer).GM does not sell civilian H1(alpha)anymore BTW.
Old 24th February 2008, 16:12   #788
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post

Mr Abdul Hazeeb of the Rajah family is a friend through another forum (CiX BBS of Bangalore) in the early nineties.

I was on CIX, if i am right, two keywards connected to you are rajesh and seemati. You might also know Udhay shankar?
Old 24th February 2008, 18:22   #789
Senior - BHPian

There is a 2007 model bentley flying spur for sale at chirayath.
Old 24th February 2008, 22:14   #790

and a hummer H3 also
Old 25th February 2008, 01:32   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
There is a 2007 model bentley flying spur for sale at chirayath.
saw the ad on newspaper din't anyone got its pics....

here is another pic of Q7 Crazy Driver spotted at Tvm few days back source-orkut

Also had one pic of another Q7 spotted in Tvm few months back got it from my brother's friend....

crazybiker46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2008, 06:02   #792

where do u get your info from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post
Original Humvee is purpose built military vehicle that can go places and do things like no other offroaders. However if you are looking at amature off roading I agree that landcruisers are one of the best.
H2 and H3 are not built for any serious offraoding(they are based on Older Tahoe and current Trailblazer).GM does not sell civilian H1(alpha)anymore BTW.
correction:
h2 hummer is a chevy suburban, h3 is on a chevy tacoma/colorado chasis.
The Trailblazer is on the GMT360 platform, which is larger than the GMT355 that the H3 and the GM mid (small?) trucks uses.
no offroad trails in littleindia, sugarland, tx. avg military humvees run 30k miles before major overhaul, its Ok with the USMilitary but not OK with civilians who pay their hard earned monies.
Old 25th February 2008, 21:27   #793
Senior - BHPian

There is a grey Hummer H@/3 for sale at chirayath!
Old 25th February 2008, 21:33   #794
Senior - BHPian

Trivandrum . Was going home. saw a pair of unfamiliar headlights staring at me at paruthipara. High mounted. some new SUV probably. closer inspection revealed a 3 pointed star between them

would have turned around to look at the model no , but would have crashed into something.
a mercedes benz GL class ?

Last edited by greenhorn : 25th February 2008 at 21:35.
Old 25th February 2008, 22:08   #795
Senior - BHPian

Green; Tourist season kindof. There's couple who came from UK in a SUV with their dogs. I also saw another SUV of which I didnt get the name last day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks