Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2007, 17:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

Akshay this is how the complete car would look. hope this will help everyone advice and decide better.
the car would look entirely like this one except for the wheels (cant decide yet). hence everyones advice.

Old 21st October 2007, 17:36   #47
BHPian

This is the US spec 6 series. The 80s had some ugly pop out bumpers in the US. Yours in Euro Spec is a blessing. Appearancewise you should look at the M635CSi. Those were gorgeous. And also you can get get Alpina, BBS, AC-Schnitzer rims from that particular period. The Alpina blue is a lovely color. Would make the car look stunning. You have no idea how jealous I am of you. Im waiting to start collecting rare BMWs of the 70s and 80s. Maybe by next year I'll be able to afford it. You're living my dream. Hats off to you.
Old 21st October 2007, 20:27   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
This is the US spec 6 series. The 80s had some ugly pop out bumpers in the US. Yours in Euro Spec is a blessing. Appearancewise you should look at the M635CSi. Those were gorgeous. And also you can get get Alpina, BBS, AC-Schnitzer rims from that particular period. The Alpina blue is a lovely color. Would make the car look stunning. You have no idea how jealous I am of you. Im waiting to start collecting rare BMWs of the 70s and 80s. Maybe by next year I'll be able to afford it. You're living my dream. Hats off to you.
thank you BEEM3R.
the car is of european spec but i dont think the petruding bumpers of the US models would make any difference as the car looks stunning none the less and rare. Alpina blue is a lovely colour but i am retaining it in white. i allready have the BBS period wheels on the car so would not be changeing those. the only confusion was weather i should chrome them or keep them silver.
i think i need to put nimbu mirchi (ward of the evil eye) on the car .
that would be a tough task you plan to undertake my friend. not many rare BMW's in the country. hope you have all the luck finding them if they get past me that is .
Old 21st October 2007, 23:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

Speedy, the car looks beautiful! i think chrome rims would be a good idea too! can wait to see pics of the beauty fter u finish working on her! Congrats on your new ride!
Old 21st October 2007, 23:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

How about this color scheme :

Old 22nd October 2007, 00:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

thanks Jayd, have started work on the interiors for now. then would move onto the paint and the wheels at the same time. then would come the tuneing of the car.

gordon love the colour of the wheels would go well with red or blue. i think with white chrome or silver.
Old 22nd October 2007, 12:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

here this is the BBS wheels the car runs on

Old 22nd October 2007, 14:39   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
here this is the BBS wheels the car runs on

i remember seeing these wheels on a lot of 5 and 7 series saloons in the late eighties, early nineties, these, minilites,late 30s bugatti wheels,and the alloys that came on mercedes in the early eighties are some of the most beautiful wheels ever made.
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:45   #54
Team-BHP Support

Wow. Great buy Speedy! This is a classic I really like! Good to see her in good hands. Maybe start a dedicated thread to the restoration?
Old 22nd October 2007, 14:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
i remember seeing these wheels on a lot of 5 and 7 series saloons in the late eighties, early nineties, these, minilites,late 30s bugatti wheels,and the alloys that came on mercedes in the early eighties are some of the most beautiful wheels ever made.
yes alot of 5 and 7 series saloons had these wheels in the late eighties and early nineties. there are two w123's in bombay that i have seen with these same wheel design. these are very beautiful wheels and that is why i do not want to change them. should i just get them painted silver again or gat them chromed. what do you suggest awini .
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Wow. Great buy Speedy! This is a classic I really like! Good to see her in good hands. Maybe start a dedicated thread to the restoration?
thank you Rtech. unfortunately my writeing skills cant compare to your and Sams. so i would be posting pictures on this thread for all to veiw and give in the inputs. the car does not need restoration as such. the only thing that needs immidiate attention is the apholstry. the car is being used by my brother.
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

here are some interior pictures of the car.

front seats. drivers seat has a cover put on it as the seat is in real bad shape.

the rear seats.
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:36   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
should i just get them painted silver again or gat them chromed. what do you suggest awini .
i would paint them if it were my car.
besides, chroming involves dipping in acid, im not so sure its a good idea to dip 20 year old alloy in acid.. it might seriously weaken the wheel
Old 22nd October 2007, 15:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by awini View Post
i would paint them if it were my car.
besides, chroming involves dipping in acid, im not so sure its a good idea to dip 20 year old alloy in acid.. it might seriously weaken the wheel
that is what i was thinking too. the wheels even if they are done by experts would weaken and could cause serious damage in the future. i think i will stick with my painting the wheels silver.
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:32   #60
BHPian

why restrict yourself to silver? if the car is going to be white, and interior is still to be done up, you could put in a deep red interior with matching pin stripe and wheels, or such...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks