Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2004, 03:19   #1
BHPian

Hey Guys I've heard about a Enzo being spotted in India.Is it true?N who is the owner?I wonder if the enzo has enough ground clearance to handle the pot holes in our country.Whta fuel does it use.The normal 93 octane?Its just left with so many questions around.....So please help me...

Nikhil.M.Kelshikar
Old 19th June 2004, 04:49   #2
gTr
BHPian

hey niki,i may not be the perfet person to reply to yr query,but as far as i know its a yellow enzo owned by Bhushan Kumar of T-series.It has a really low ground clearance.The last time i was in India in Feb 04 i seen it at around Worli Seaface.The rear bumper touched the breaker and then boooom.....sparks.....the bumper was forgiven with a minute dent and a few scratches.He stopped a lil ahead,got out of the car and was way 2 depressed to c that...
I cud've been outta breath forevah aftah dis:6laughs:

Anyways,as far as the fuel is concerned,it uses Octane 98 which is available with a selected few around Mumbai.....
So from my end i cus just help u with dis....they are many more Bhp-ians who might help u out in a better way.........
Laterz!!!!

Old 19th June 2004, 11:10   #3
Team-BHP Support

are you sure it was not the 360 spider ?
Old 19th June 2004, 11:49   #4
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

hey GTR, Bhushan Kumar has a yellow 360 Spider and not an Enzo.

As of now theres no Enzo in Bombay atleast. Dippy's mechanic had seen a Ferrari with scissor doors [only the Enzo has it] at Hotel Citizen in Juhu with a broken quarter window. The car was liyng there for about 3 months after which it was put in a truck and sent to Bangalore.

Anyways check this post for more info : ENZO right under our nose and we missed it!!

Old 19th June 2004, 12:50   #5
RJK
Senior - BHPian

i doubt if there's any enzo in india...however there talks that there was one in bombay which was later sent to bangalore like V12 says. Its difficult to believe since nobody at all saw it
Old 19th June 2004, 13:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

I dont think that there is any enzo in India.....as nobody except Dippy's mechanic has reported.....maybe he made a mistake...
Imagine a car worth 650000 pounds in Uk coming to India and no news ....where as the comparatively cheap maybach is finding it difficult to find buyers.

Also the the enzo is not able to run on the smallest of potholes....it needs only highway in india...

and i Guess , anyone spending around 14 crores after duty and reg, etc. would be sensible enough .

Also there was a post on yellow Lamborgini Gallardo in mumbai and finally the guy who posted the topic never posted the pics...and nobody in Xbhp has seen it....
Old 19th June 2004, 23:12   #7
BHPian

I second dipen, I also dont think there is an enzo on the roads, one of the car magazines would have surely covered it by now, or atleast rumored it...but I do belive that there are ppl capable of buying it...it is not 650k pounds..you are talking about price incl vat and the black you have to pay to get the car..the car is close to 400k punds or a little less..I have seen adds for the car at about 900,000 euros, but that includes vat and black..so the full price of the car in india would not exceed 9 crs..anyhow thats besides the point..if ppl in india are crazi enuf to buy it, I think not..but I can tell u one thing, if any one of us at team-bhp had that kind of money to spare, we would get it in a blink of an eye, atleast I would..

but another issue I have with enzo in india is..that its LHD, and LDHs are not allowed, or are they under different schemes??

I know ferrari would never go ahead and do the conversion for you..even if u had the money..the only person I think they did the conversion for was sultan..for his F50..and now possibly for his enzo..

anyhow..i doubt that there is one in india..but i wouldnt be suprised over the years you do happen to catch one..

L8r

Old 20th June 2004, 10:00   #8
Team-BHP Support

Another aspect is that these cars are sold on for a profit later on, so it would take a while. The Enzo was sold by invitation. Most people would keep the car in Europe in a professional storage place and use occasionally
Old 22nd June 2004, 20:54   #9
BHPian

ajmat brings up a good point. The F50 and the ENZO weren't sold to the public just as any ordinary car. You have to meet certain restriction to be able to purchase one of those vechicles new from Ferrari. You cannot simply pay the asking price and own one of those cars. Probably another reason there might not be one in india.
Old 22nd June 2004, 21:37   #10
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (VTEC11 @ June 22 2004,19:24)]You have to meet certain restriction to be able to purchase one of those vechicles new from Ferrari.
Vtec11 is right....
For F50 you should atleast have a Ferrari...Then only you can buy and that too after a satisfactory test drive about this im not sure....

And for Enzo you should atleast have 2 Ferraris then he is eligible to buy The Big Red Machine , Enzo ....I think BPL guy in Banglore has 2 or more Ferraris... so may be...

Ya but when Dippy told me about this I was in a real state of shock... not coz Enzo was in India but in Bombay for 3 months odd and we cudnt see it
Old 22nd June 2004, 21:54   #11
Team-BHP Support

Wasnt there also a rumour that the BPL guy wanted and Enzo and put in a request for one but was denied because of the conditions in India being, bad fuel, no service centers and most of all, bad roads.

R
Old 22nd June 2004, 22:03   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ June 22 2004,20:24)]Wasnt there also a rumour that the BPL guy wanted and Enzo and put in a request for one but was denied because of the conditions in India being, bad fuel, no service centers and most of all, bad roads.

R
I don't think his shareholders would approve !!! They are in a mess
Old 23rd June 2004, 00:09   #13
BHPian

Another thing...ppl are talking about enzo being sold to only selected few..that is the case..but if you want anyone can get you an enzo..all you need is the money..the min black i have seen on the car is like 200k..so if you want and surely if thats what ur heart desires..then shelling another 200k is not a problem..so the point being that since its a restrictive buy you cant get it, doesnt hold..someone give me 9crs i will make sure i get them one..passing the LHD into india will be your headache

anyhow..the only issue I see is how can someone bypass the NO LHD rule...

Cheers..

Old 23rd June 2004, 01:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

I really dont know bout the Enzo but yes my mechanic had reported one Ferrari lying at Juhu and even before I could ask him what it looked like he told me it had butterfly doors. Now its only the Enzo which has those doors. Even I was suprised at first but then I showed him a pic of the Enzo and before I could ask him anything he jumped" thats it that was it ditto". Now what could I say after that anyways . He told me the car was packed off to Bangalore and our own Domnic told me later on bout the Enzo in Bangalore. The 575 M is there of course but lets see about the Enzo.

Dippy

Forget the 650 k pounds I got my Enzo for 3000 Rupees
Old 23rd June 2004, 01:13   #15
BHPian

hehe I got mine for 1350Rs..beat that

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks