Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2005, 13:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
..umm...one for anil one for mukesh one for tina and one for nita....sound about rite eh?
The maybach kindof has an understated presence IMO, compared to the Arnage or Phantom....

cya
R
and dont forget - one for Anand Jain.

Yes it does have that understated presence, though its hard to imagine 6.2 meters being understated on our roads.
Old 31st May 2005, 14:14   #32
Team-BHP Support

.Steeroid, how about one for your neighbour, Dawood Ibrahim
Old 19th August 2007, 14:08   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
A friend of mine close to Mr Bhogilal mentioend that Maybach offered him a new one in exchange for an old Maybach in his collection - he politely told them to get lost
Actually saw this machine and more. Pics coming up shortly
Old 19th August 2007, 14:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend of mine close to Mr Bhogilal mentioend that Maybach offered him a new one in exchange for an old Maybach in his collection - he politely told them to get lost
guys the name is Mr pranlal bhogilal and whoever your friend is ajmat is makeing up this story couse none of this ever happened. Mr maybach's grandfather had worked on the very same car and he was in awe of the car and the way it was still kept.

Quote:
Yes, - you should see the rest of his collection in Noida !
Mr bhogilal has no collection in noida. the only places his cars are in are BOMBAY and AHMEDABAD. nowhere else in india.
Old 19th August 2007, 16:00   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Actually saw this machine and more. Pics coming up shortly
Wow!!! We are all eyes and ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
guys the name is Mr pranlal bhogilal and whoever your friend is ajmat is makeing up this story couse none of this ever happened. Mr maybach's grandfather had worked on the very same car and he was in awe of the car and the way it was still kept.
Many stories do sound good even though they are made up!
And as far as I know, it is not easy that Mr. Ajmat believe a made up story before doing some research on it.
Old 19th August 2007, 17:01   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

Mr bhogilal has no collection in noida. the only places his cars are in are BOMBAY and AHMEDABAD. nowhere else in india.
Speedy

Your tone needs to be moderated. Let me not attack and state some facts:

1: You act as if you have a position of authority but none of us have no idea who you are. As in my PM to you and also someone else added, your intro post is long over due.

2: By the way, it is a mistake, it is Naroda which is around the corner from Ahmedabad. I was personally taken around the collection by the manager of his estate.

3: My friend owns the neighbouring farm, enough said. I suggest you take back those allegations

4: I think Maybachs grandfather would have been long dead

5: The conditions of the cars are another story which I will tell once I get the films processed
Old 19th August 2007, 17:33   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The conditions of the cars are another story which I will tell once I get the films processed
Film? Even a dinosaur like me has gone digital.

...and yes Speedy, we'd love to see your intro post.
Old 19th August 2007, 18:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speedy

Your tone needs to be moderated. Let me not attack and state some facts:

1: You act as if you have a position of authority but none of us have no idea who you are. As in my PM to you and also someone else added, your intro post is long over due.

2: By the way, it is a mistake, it is Naroda which is around the corner from Ahmedabad. I was personally taken around the collection by the manager of his estate.

3: My friend owns the neighbouring farm, enough said. I suggest you take back those allegations

4: I think Maybachs grandfather would have been long dead

5: The conditions of the cars are another story which I will tell once I get the films processed
ajmat i dont know why you think i am attacking you or being rude. you dont know me and i dont know you, so there cant be any grudges between us. you get your info from others and maybe your friend owns the neibhouring farm.
i think the word of FAMILY should count. thats all i need to say and dont think i want to take anything back.
Old 19th August 2007, 19:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Film? Even a dinosaur like me has gone digital.

...and yes Speedy, we'd love to see your intro post.
i have'nt made one nor do i intend to my friend. the people who know me, know me and who dont can guess. i am here to learn and teach. knowledge shared is knowledge gained what say
Old 19th August 2007, 21:27   #40
BHPian

wow, this is funny stuff for a sunday night.
Old 19th August 2007, 21:57   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ajmat i dont know why you think i am attacking you or being rude......
i think the word of FAMILY should count. thats all i need to say and dont think i want to take anything back

Well, things could be put a different way - eg instead of accussing someone of making up stories - state a fact and some credible source why! I have a credible source

Not sure what you meant re: Family but believe me wife excepted, my friends know more about me than my family!

Which leads to the next point - .........

Quote:
i have'nt made one nor do i intend to my friend. the people who know me, know me and who dont can guess. i am here to learn and teach. knowledge shared is knowledge gained what say
Knowledge is only valid if we are sure of the credibility, integrity etc. Every contributor on the forum has provided an intro which helps us establish some kind of credibility in understanding / accepting facts
Old 19th August 2007, 22:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well, things could be put a different way - eg instead of accussing someone of making up stories - state a fact and some credible source why! I have a credible source

Not sure what you meant re: Family but believe me wife excepted, my friends know more about me than my family!

Which leads to the next point - .........

Knowledge is only valid if we are sure of the credibility, integrity etc. Every contributor on the forum has provided an intro which helps us establish some kind of credibility in understanding / accepting facts
i am so dead sure because my father and myself were present there. unfortunately my brother could not be there. from the time Mr ulrich schmid maybach was brought in to the time he left. ajmat also the maybach of Mr bhogilal is a 1937 sw38 and mr ulrich's grandfather mr karl maybach had designed the car. you did misunderstand what i was saying that he ( mr ulrich) was in awe of the car.
Old 20th August 2007, 00:19   #43
BHPian

Maybach meets Maybach in A'bad

It was a trip down nostalgic street when Maybach ambassador and scion of the illustrious Maybach family, Ulrich Schmid-Maybach, made his acquaintance with a 1937 six-cylinder Maybach SW38.
The car, only 150 of which survive today, was designed by his grandfather Karl Maybach. San Francisco based Ulrich's great grandfather was none other than Wilhelm Maybach, Mercedes-Benz's chief designer who created the first Mercedes car in the early 1900s.
Today, this exquisite car adorns the private collection of vintage car collector Pranlal Bhogilal at the Auto World museum at Kathwada on Ahmedabad's outskirts.
Maybach (45), who specially flew down to Ahmedabad to feast his eyes on the car and initiate talks with Pranlal to convince him to send the car to the Maybach Club museum in Germany, couldn't control his excitement.

Link: Maybach meets Maybach in A'bad-Ahmedabad-Cities-The Times of India

Last edited by -GS- : 20th August 2007 at 00:22.
Old 20th August 2007, 00:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy;[B
22736just one edit.. not one for the poor boy ... but one Ferrari each to the poor boys who live down the street [/b]
Mear naam bhi uss poor boy list me dalo please

Quote:
Originally Posted by papps View Post
well i heard that the owner of Venkys Chicken who stays in Pune, is ordered 3 maybachs so
Ambani having 4 is no big deal, or nothing that surprising after hearing this
Looking at how these guys are ordering maybachs and other cars i feel that we are in the wrong business
Old 20th August 2007, 01:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GS- View Post
It was a trip down nostalgic street when Maybach ambassador and scion of the illustrious Maybach family, Ulrich Schmid-Maybach, made his acquaintance with a 1937 six-cylinder Maybach SW38.
The car, only 150 of which survive today, was designed by his grandfather Karl Maybach. San Francisco based Ulrich's great grandfather was none other than Wilhelm Maybach, Mercedes-Benz's chief designer who created the first Mercedes car in the early 1900s.
Today, this exquisite car adorns the private collection of vintage car collector Pranlal Bhogilal at the Auto World museum at Kathwada on Ahmedabad's outskirts.
Maybach (45), who specially flew down to Ahmedabad to feast his eyes on the car and initiate talks with Pranlal to convince him to send the car to the Maybach Club museum in Germany, couldn't control his excitement.

Link: Maybach meets Maybach in A'bad-Ahmedabad-Cities-The Times of India
thank you GS, does this read anywhere of the 1937 SW38 MAYBACH BEING ECHANGED FOR A NEW MAYBACH.

Most Viewed