Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2018, 16:26   #1
BHPian

Mercedes-Benz Launches 2018 G63 AMG @ Rs. 2.19 Crore

New 2018 Mercedes-AMG G63 Launched In India, Priced At ₹ 2.19 Crore

Mercedes-AMG G63 launched at Rs. 2.19 crore-hd36bv7o_mercedesamgg63_625x300_05_october_18.jpg

Quote:
The Mercedes-AMG G63 has now been launched in India in its newest avatar priced at ₹ 2.19 Crore (ex-showroom). The new generation Mercedes-AMG G63 stays true to its squared-off foundations with its chiselled body and straight lines but adds a bit of sanity for the first time ever with its share of subtle curves.

But of course, the real changes on the new G-Class and the G63, in particular, is that new high-end interior that looks straight out of the S-Class and that is a good thing especially since the older G63 did have a rather old and dated interior package.
Source & Full Article
Porcupine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 16:53   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz Launches 2018 G63 AMG @ Rs. 2.19 Crore

Not at all a fan of the interiors. Too feminine, borrowed assortment from other part bins. Clearly just an attempt to cash in on the G brand. They should make it a unique car inside out to do justice to such an iconic car.
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 17:03   #3
BHPian

Previous generation looked miles better than this. Still can't understand what and why they did to the front facia.

May be the placement of the grille and front headlamps have to do something
vamsi2390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2018, 17:32   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
. Too feminine, borrowed assortment from other part bins. Clearly just an attempt to cash in on the G brand. They should make it a unique car inside out to do justice to such an iconic car.
A lot of their customers are actually from the fairer sex and many from Asian countries, rich kids from China/ Hongkong. So they should be OK. They know who are their customers and have tried to improve considering their target audience. So I will say, not everyone is going to like this new one.

To be fair to Mercedes, despite depreciated Rupee, they have priced lowered then the outgoing one. I won't be surprised if their initial lot is sold by now.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 13:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-AMG G63 launched at Rs. 2.19 crore

Mercedes-Benz has announced the launch of the new generation AMG G63 SUV in India. It is priced at Rs. 2.19 crore (ex-showroom).

Mercedes-AMG G63 launched at Rs. 2.19 crore-image-1-1.jpg

The new G-Class was launched earlier this year at the Detroit Motor Show and is longer and wider than its predecessor. While the new G63 retains its boxy proportions, the front fascia has been updated with a new grille and LED headlamps with LED DRL rings. The SUV has extruded fenders and it rides 21-inch alloy wheels. At the rear, there is a set of new tail lamps.

Mercedes has also updated the interior on the new G63. The SUV now comes with a new dashboard featuring a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with a 15-speaker Burmester audio system and a redesigned centre console. It has a 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel and a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster. Like its predecessor, the new model gets a grab handle on the passenger side. It comes equipped with adaptive suspension as standard.

Mercedes-AMG G63 launched at Rs. 2.19 crore-image-2.jpg

The new G63 is powered by a 4.0-litre, twin-turbo V8 engine that produces 577 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 850 Nm of torque @ 2,500-3,500 rpm. Power is sent to all four wheels via a 9-speed automatic transmission and 4MATIC all-wheel drive system. It has 5 on-road driving modes- Slippery, Comfort, Sport, Sport+ and Individual and 3 off-road modes - Sand, Trail and Rock. Mercedes claims that the G63 will accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 4.5 seconds and will hit a top speed of 220 km/h.

The Mercedes-AMG G63 gets all latest safety aides which include Active Brake Assist and Active Lane Keeping Assist, while the Driver Assistance Package is available as an option. This includes Active Distance Assist and Blind Spot Assist. It also gets 9 airbags, AMG high-performance braking system and Park Pilot with a 360-degree camera.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 6th October 2018 at 13:37.
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 17:13   #6
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-AMG G63 launched at Rs. 2.19 crore

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, why are there no fog lamps? Do the headlamps suffice or does this category of vehicles not need one? Genuinely curious.
Iyencar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 18:38   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, why are there no fog lamps? Do the headlamps suffice or does this category of vehicles not need one? Genuinely curious.
Fog lamps are an extra option for Rs 10 Lakhs. Just kidding Newer cars with LED headlamps have done away with fog lamps. I don't think any luxury segment car now comes with fog lamps.
androdev is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 10:15   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Damn good looking, and even the dude standing next to it has dressed to match .

This will be an incredibly handsome truck on our roads. And it'll handle them better too. The old G-Class drove like a truck, which wasn't surprising considering its age. The new one also gets an independent front suspension.

I like how Mercedes has modernised the G-Class, while still maintaining the 'ethos' of the classic one.

Has depreciation disaster written all over its face. Examples with low km on the odo will be available 3 years from now at throwaway prices.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 11:16   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Fog lamps are an extra option for Rs 10 Lakhs. I don't think any luxury segment car now comes with fog lamps.
MB can actually charge anything for extras.

I think they don't have Fog Lamps on existing line up either like GLE/ GLC and rather have some low beam setting and also Rear Fog lamps. Though FOG lamps do serve a purpose and are used by other manufacturers even with Laser lights. So the missing fog lamps are more like MB specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I like how Mercedes has modernised the G-Class, while still maintaining the 'ethos' of the classic one.

Quote:
Has depreciation disaster written all over its face. Examples with low km on the odo will be available 3 years from now at throwaway prices.
They actually hold value better than the others like AMG-GLS 63 or say an M-X5/ X6. People do have a liking for the looks and with the new setup, these are going to retain the value.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th October 2018 at 11:31.
Turbanator is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 13:17   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
To be fair to Mercedes, despite depreciated Rupee, they have priced lowered then the outgoing one. I won't be surprised if their initial lot is sold by now.
Both the "Edition 463" (2017) and "Crazy Colour Edition" (2015) were priced at 2.17 Cr Ex-Showroom. Back in 2013 the regular G63 when first launched was even priced at 1.45 Cr Ex-Showroom. (OT, but just for comparison's sake, the G55 was 1.1 Cr back in 2011). Hence, at 2.19 Cr this is the the most expensive G ever launched in India.
sanojrawap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 14:09   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
They actually hold value better than the others like AMG-GLS 63 or say an M-X5/ X6. People do have a liking for the looks and with the new setup, these are going to retain the value.
Adding to that is the fact that they are quite sought after and not as many available in the used market as most owners don't give them up so easily. I've seen them go for pretty high prices in the used market.
Porcupine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 14:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

This is the dumbest car on sale today for the money. That 40 year old design, boxy angular styling, exposed hinges, panel gaps and now retailing for over 2 cr is ridiculous. Not to mention the drive and seating comfort. It is a boat literally on highways, atleast the old one was. It was such an exhaustive experience driving this. But at the least the old one was still palatable visually, the changes made to this looks forced and weird.
Anyhow, there are enough out there that feel this is the ultimate symbol of cool so for them Mercedes has gladly provided.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 15:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

I echo the bigron's sentiment. The showoff quotient of this car is so high that irrespective of the fact that it is the wrongest AMG, it is still the highest selling AMG version here, I mean last gen was.

Once bunch of my Boss' friends turned up at our office and this was the scene like.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes-AMG G63 launched at Rs. 2.19 crore-20181007_155746.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 14:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Well, business is business. AMG knows that most of the customers for its G63 just want to show-off and has made a car designed according to it. Not great to drive, can't off-road much, is loud and luxurious inside. The acceptance of its more humbler G-Class as a Chelsea Tractor was like an accident, and now Mercedes has created a beautiful interior to go along with it.

I would love to drive something like this in India if I had the money. There is a certain charm in driving around in something like this because you have the full freedom to act like a D-bag because people expect that of you! I would like mine in a 'Crazy Color' thank you, and I will rev it at signals to make sure absolutely nobody misses it.
Old 10th October 2018, 11:48   #15
BHPian

There is one unit supposed to be delivered tomorrow in Pune. Will be India's first 2018 G63 and shares garage space to a previous gen G63.

Last edited by NeedaUsername : 10th October 2018 at 12:00. Reason: spell check

Most Viewed